Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best Horde Race Warlock 525. TOT and Future Raids

I am changing guilds and going Horde but I am in the dilemma of Troll, Orc, goblin

Aff and Demo im assuming Orc due to Use of Pets and Supremacy. although 1 % haste goblin is nothing to ignore
    Main dilemma is Destro, Troll gives a haste buff to regen mana, and for Dark soul burn, although Orc allows a hard burn capability too, and for any supremacy fights it buffs

My last dilemma is although troll has a buff in half of TOT in long term would it be better to go a diff race

OPINIONS Please I have until Midnight today to CHoose my Race

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Troll > Goblin (20% * 10s / 180s = 1.11% on average, and CD stacking further favors the Troll effect).
    Orc has the added benefit of a bonus that aligns better with DS, but scales nowhere near as good as the haste ones (if your spell power doubles, the relative benefit of Orc racial is cut by half, whereas however your stats may change, the relative benefit of % based haste bonus remains constant). Plus the pet passive bonus, but ever since it's been brought down to 2% it's not that significant anymore (although, is that affecting imps ?).

It's your choice obviously but I would advise to pick troll because of the incredible scaling potential.

Edit : No cosmetic & lore considerations here, looking at it purely from the PvE performance aspect.
    Last edited by Surutcra; 2013-05-09 at 01:06 PM.
    Surutcra@EU-Hyjal (Arcturus#2484)

Deleted
    Pick whatever you like. I'd never play troll because of its passives, they just look ugly and doesn't work well with the whole warlock theme.

Yes, the passives are nice, but they won't make you suddenly down bosses you were stuck on before.

I play undead and it's perfect. The look is awesome, they got a passive that deals damage and heals (yes, it's quite low, but nevertheless it did 0,5% of my damage on a Horridon kill) and they have also free trinket for when there's an ability in PVE that can fear you or similiarily disable you.

The bullet point of my post is that I wouldn't race change to Troll because they look ugly (males at least).

My only concern is the warlock i look up to is Nezyt EU, and hes parsing top 10 almost every fihgt Heroic and Normal and Hes running Orc

Go undead. When you look good, you feel good. And when you feel good, you are good.

Being that they're all fairly close (t15h sim puts Orc 1% (2k dps) ahead of UD) just play what you like. If you've never been horde you might not like Orc. They're big and have odd casting animations imo. Make a few templates on the PTR to see what you like.

But if you don't care about any of that then your question has been answered, it should be a close race between Orc and troll with goblin a close third.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Rivio. Coming from an old warlock I could never pick troll. Just doesn't fit with the warlock theme. With the way racials are these days the difference is very marginal. When I transferred my lock back to horde recently I went Orc cause they are the original warlock for me (Gul'dan). I do think the utility of Goblins is nice though with the rocket boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivio View Post
    Pick whatever you like. I'd never play troll because of its passives, they just look ugly and doesn't work well with the whole warlock theme.

Yes, the passives are nice, but they won't make you suddenly down bosses you were stuck on before.

I play undead and it's perfect. The look is awesome, they got a passive that deals damage and heals (yes, it's quite low, but nevertheless it did 0,5% of my damage on a Horridon kill) and they have also free trinket for when there's an ability in PVE that can fear you or similiarily disable you.

The bullet point of my post is that I wouldn't race change to Troll because they look ugly (males at least).
    As much as I agree with the main point of this post, I jizzed a little when I saw the change to both;
    a) opener burst as troll
    b) the ridiculous amount of wild imps I get from 4x dooms ticking every 7th second on Council as a hastestacked troll.

I did play a belf before I went troll, but the change was way more than 1% as suggested. Opener burst went from an avg of 220k to 275k, and I haven't done enough testing to comment on the sustained dps, but it's increase was substantial. It will make a difference regardless of what people are saying - but it will most likely not make or break your guild raid so if you wanna do a race change, make sure it's being done for the correct reasons.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    As much as I agree with the main point of this post, I jizzed a little when I saw the change to both;
    a) opener burst as troll
    b) the ridiculous amount of wild imps I get from 4x dooms ticking every 7th second on Council as a hastestacked troll.

I did play a belf before I went troll, but the change was way more than 1% as suggested. Opener burst went from an avg of 220k to 275k, and I haven't done enough testing to comment on the sustained dps, but it's increase was substantial. It will make a difference regardless of what people are saying - but it will most likely not make or break your guild raid so if you wanna do a race change, make sure it's being done for the correct reasons.
    Sounds like anecdata to me. I agree it can be a benefit if you use it correctly but 25% DPS gain from a different racial sounds high. Especially when the majority of the top parses are from Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremory1 View Post
    Sounds like anecdata to me. I agree it can be a benefit if you use it correctly but 25% DPS gain from a different racial sounds high. Especially when the majority of the top parses are from Orcs.
    Does it really now? Remember belfs have no dps racials and I'm only talking about the opener.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

I'll just duplicate my post in the thread 2 lines below your own asking the same question.

Dude.
    Undead are essentially zombies.
    Play destro and your playing a Zombie. On fire. Thats GREEN.
    Could you get any cooler? I say no sir!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krokarr View Post
    I am changing guilds and going Horde but I am in the dilemma of Troll, Orc, goblin

Aff and Demo im assuming Orc due to Use of Pets and Supremacy. although 1 % haste goblin is nothing to ignore
    Main dilemma is Destro, Troll gives a haste buff to regen mana, and for Dark soul burn, although Orc allows a hard burn capability too, and for any supremacy fights it buffs

My last dilemma is although troll has a buff in half of TOT in long term would it be better to go a diff race

OPINIONS Please I have until Midnight today to CHoose my Race
    I can't imagine mana should be a issue during DS seeing you spend most of it dumping Chaos bolts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just switched from worgen to troll and the difference is stupid, as Aff you basically get another huge burn phase if you DS + Berserking while boss is under 20%. Plus you're just 5% better on half the bosses in ToT.

Orc is probably fine also but I sac half the time anyway so w/e.

people talk about trolls and berserking are not paying attention to the actually completely grossly overpowered troll racial: beastslaying. you get +5% damage against all beast-classed mobs, including adds and raidbosses. add this on *top* of berserking and it's hard to beat troll for any dps class that can be a troll.

for corrent content Troll for sure becuase of beast slaying, next ones maybe Orc

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    for corrent content Troll for sure becuase of beast slaying, next ones maybe Orc
    Troll is/was only really good for ToT during progression since you needed to squeeze out every ounce of damage you could (generally). Orc/Troll are pretty even on most fights now though that gear is a non-factor.

I spent 5 years as a Forsaken lock and then race changed to Blood Elf. I would never roll back to Undead as long as the models stay DPS. Watching your bones for so long gets really really boring.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orc.

Nomorecharactersneeded.

Quote Originally Posted by Krokarr View Post
    My only concern is the warlock i look up to is Nezyt EU, and hes parsing top 10 almost every fihgt Heroic and Normal and Hes running Orc
    Why are you concerned with this? He would be a top 10 parser if he were a tauren warlock. The racial isn't putting him there. He's most likely an orc because orcs have good racials. They have command which is nice for pets, and they have blood fury which can be lined up and macro'd with Dark Soul. This should not change the race you want to play or even sway it. And why do you have until midnight?

Deleted
    i am looking into this seriously today.

Am Orc, playing Affliction mostly and destro ont he occasional fight.
    I've seen some troll locks with insane bursts i really can't catch up to. Beastslaying is indeed really nice too.

Furthermore, i reckon this would help cheese the soulswaps even more.

Only thing slightly bothering me is how berserking wouldn't line up with DS after the first one.

if i had the choice to be horde (dear god why i am still sticking to my friends and not just reroll :P)
    id pick undead .. who gives a .. about racials, they are undead, they can shoot green fucking fire and look amazing in pretty mutch every t-set that exists.
    troll for max dps, affli with berserk/crappy meta/hero and full haste reforge .. boom dataoverload

in the end most of my dps comes from the fact "do i wana play?" and not from ... simcraft tells me i'm 1% better now. i rater pick something that i have fun with and love to play (sounds a bit ironic from a gnome lock i know .. but i love my little pink minion of destruction) . My main question is allways "can i play this char for 12+ hours a week whitout hating it?" and thats why i would never play doglock

Most dudes from method are troll, and they can't be that wrong.