A psychological horror game, Shadow of the Eternals is the spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem, being developed by the original creators of the popular and critically acclaimed classic. Featuring an eclectic cast of heroes and villains, Shadow of the Eternals will span thousands of years of history. Players’ perception of reality will be shattered as they try to balance the mechanics of combat, magick, and exploration as they progress through the adventure.
Shadow of the Eternals is:
- A single-player third-person action/adventure game with horror elements.
- An 8-10 hour complete experience.
- Multiple playable characters throughout different time periods of history.
- Sanity events - special graphical, audio, and controller effects - will challenge your senses and your mind, causing you to question what is real.
- Developed in collaboration with the community via an exclusive area on our forums.
- Developed with CryENGINE 3 for PC (Windows) and Wii U.
- Available via a DRM-free distribution method (for PC).This is a story-driven game. It's been funded through Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...he-eternals-0/The story begins as Detective Paul Becker is called to Pleasant View Hospital, the site of one of the bloodiest gang massacres in Louisiana state history. The massacre is survived by two individuals who seemingly have no recollection about who they are or what has transpired -- one a suave businessman, and the other a hardened, rogue-like biker. Both men have lost all memory of who they are -- and yet they are compelled to kill each other.
Through Becker’s interrogation of the suspects, a story unfolds that is set in Hungary 1610 AD at Csejthe Castle – home to the noblewoman Erzsébet Báthory. Báthory is a notorious serial killer; torturing and killing as many as 400 young women in her obsessive quest to retain her youth. You play the role of Báthory’s handmaiden and lover Klára, who is being blackmailed by the authorities into gathering information about a missing nobleman’s daughter.
Events are soon set in motion that will change Klára's life forever.
It was also showcased as a playable demo at Comic Con and it has already been added to the AMD Gaming Evolved program.