Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    I'm only interested in a Rome 2 expansion if it changes a lot of design decisions. Like the clunky UI, units being able to burn down the gates, removing the graphical piss-filter (yellow filter ew) etc.

Just make it a reskinned Shogun 2 and I'm more than happy with it.
    I am not really fond of the idea to pay for something that should have been fixed right away.

10+ Year Old Account
    the fact that only rome has the massive variety of good units rather than factions like egypt basically not having any good endgame units puts me off ever getting any dlc factions as they would be the same thing with mostly crappy units and not enough in the way of good endgame or powerfull units

i remember having mostly mercenaries when playing any non rome faction in rtw

Does anyone know if they have fixed the Coop turn times yet?

EDIT: Never mind just read up about it, turns out its fixed. Might give it another chance then.
    Last edited by Toccs; 2013-10-14 at 03:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Have they fixed this yet?
    Just give up.

The biggest problems with the game either can't be patched or won't be patched. I feel embarassed to even have this in my Steam library.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Does anyone know if they have fixed the Coop turn times yet?

EDIT: Never mind just read up about it, turns out its fixed. Might give it another chance then.
    Save often, it desynchs about once per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Save often, it desynchs about once per hour.
    I've got a co-op game that's gone for 8 straight hours without any desynching issues, but I'm guessing connection speeds have something to do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    the fact that only rome has the massive variety of good units rather than factions like egypt basically not having any good endgame units puts me off ever getting any dlc factions as they would be the same thing with mostly crappy units and not enough in the way of good endgame or powerfull units

i remember having mostly mercenaries when playing any non rome faction in rtw
    I agree with the lack of diveristy, some factions have barly anything to choose between. But right now egypt is actually the best faction of all as of 1.4.
    Well they where one of the strongest factions pre 1.4 aslo. Only then they relied more on royal galatians being op + elephant useage. You just have to know what units are worthwhile.

Royal galatians -> Beats every infantry exept Averni oathsworn
    Potalomaic heavy cavalry-> Beats every cav exept macadonian companion cav and parthian royal cataphracts *always use trample
    Sycthed chariots-> Now overpowred slay all infantry exept frontal charge into pikemen (they can actually pullthrough pikes from behind, or frontally on a thin pikeline), loses to all heavy cavalry.

Elephants-> Makes stuff rout once you have engaged them with other units
    Missile are the only thing you really have to go mercenary with -> Balaric slingers
    Last edited by Ettan; 2013-10-14 at 03:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I must admit that after them choosing to launch Rome 2 in this state? I have zero interest in any of its dlc or expansions.
    agreed. shogun 2 was one of the very few games for which i happily bought several dlcs, even ones with very little content, because the game itself was already great and provided me with hundreds of hours of fun.

but i'm definitely not gonna buy dlc for rome 2^^

if/when they release a full scale expansion, i'll probably buy it if 1) most of the current issues have been fixed by then 2) it seems to be of good quality after people had some time to test it and 3) it provides sufficient content to justify spending another ~20bucks. but somehow i doubt it will fulfill these three requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I've got a co-op game that's gone for 8 straight hours without any desynching issues, but I'm guessing connection speeds have something to do with it.
    not really, no. even people who where playing co-op in a local network said it was unplayable due to desyncs.
    it mostly depends on specific hardware setups, as bugs generally do, and simply how (un)lucky you are :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    But right now egypt is actually the best faction of all as of 1.4.
    what about their naval units? are their big ships still all manned with what is basically the egyptian mob? -.-'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    what about their naval units? are their big ships still all manned with what is basically the egyptian mob? -.-'
    Nobody cares about naval units since they're all useless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasen Ibaraki View Post
    Nobody cares about naval units since they're all useless
    i do. i love old, wooden ships in all their forms, and the addition of naval battles with their huge sailing warships in empire was pretty much the only reason i played that game :D
    likewise, i find landing battles to be the by far best addition to the series made by rome 2.

the actual naval battles are definitely a disappointment, but i still like having strong navies, and i've taken several decently defended port cities with only a few missile/artillery ships to harass the defenders and a handful of elite assault ship crews to land and capture.

it feels incredibly weird for the biggest, most expensive assault ships to have absolutely terrible crews. and, in fact, their encyclopedia descriptions mention "very heavy crew" and "indomitable boarding"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Their navy is pretty much rabble still slingers/light spearmen/karian axemen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the lack of diveristy, some factions have barly anything to choose between. But right now egypt is actually the best faction of all as of 1.4.
    Well they where one of the strongest factions pre 1.4 aslo. Only then they relied more on royal galatians being op + elephant useage. You just have to know what units are worthwhile.

Royal galatians -> Beats every infantry exept Averni oathsworn
    Potalomaic heavy cavalry-> Beats every cav exept macadonian companion cav and parthian royal cataphracts *always use trample
    Sycthed chariots-> Now overpowred slay all infantry exept frontal charge into pikemen (they can actually pullthrough pikes from behind, or frontally on a thin pikeline), loses to all heavy cavalry.

Elephants-> Makes stuff rout once you have engaged them with other units
    Missile are the only thing you really have to go mercenary with -> Balaric slingers
    but spamming elephants isnt very tactical nor fun its like taking on a group of soldiers with rocket launchers

10+ Year Old Account
    Their navy is pretty much rabble still slingers/light spearmen/karian axemen.
    unless it was changed recently, the bigger egyptian ships, even the assault ones, all have "egyptian infantry" crews, who are pretty much peasants with swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    rocket launchers
    inb4 dlc ^_^
    Last edited by Sy; 2013-10-15 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Top of my 'Hope they fix it soon' list is AI attacking capitals. I've always enjoyed defending in previous TW's, especially when I'm vastly outnumbered, but they never do anything. I've only had them not simply sit outside doing nothing a handful of times, and then they just burned the gate down and killed their entire army under the oil.

Deleted
    Is this supposed to happen on turn 1 when playing as Rome on hard?

http://i.imgur.com/80WMbNQ.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vazruden View Post
    Is this supposed to happen on turn 1 when playing as Rome on hard?

http://i.imgur.com/80WMbNQ.jpg
    prooobably not, no...

Pfft. Pour out some wildfire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    prooobably not, no...
    I was going to have major fun with it, fleeing across Gaul sacking towns to raise money, and settle in Britain or something.. but the game just crashes on the Loyalists turn :/ I tried restarting and it happened again! how the hell have i managed this..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vazruden View Post
    how the hell have i managed this..
    in a game where elephants can fly and ships go through rocks, nothing is impossible! \o/