Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Empire was totally unplayable on release, not just "buggy". The game as a whole felt really rushed and unfinished, but the release was awul. It was the first game I had to install Steam for and Steam at the time was horrendous, even trying to get the game to patch was a chore. The other games have been buggy and imbalanced on release but not as bad as Empire (like in Rome you could bribe massive armies for pathetic amounts of money and in Medieval 2 units with two handed weapons were unable to attack, plus other things).

In my opinion Shogun 2 was a great return to form after Empire and Napoleon, so I have high hopes for Rome 2. The only thing really concerning me right now is how far they will go with dlc. There was some good dlc in Shogun 2 I was happy to pay for like the Ikko Ikki and Otomo, but some of it like the FotS factions was just to make quick cash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Empire was totally unplayable on release, not just "buggy".
    i don't think i played empire right at release, so can't really comment too much on that.
    In my opinion Shogun 2 was a great return to form after Empire and Napoleon, so I have high hopes for Rome 2.
    agreed!
    The only thing really concerning me right now is how far they will go with dlc. There was some good dlc in Shogun 2 I was happy to pay for like the Ikko Ikki and Otomo, but some of it like the FotS factions was just to make quick cash.
    i think having some dlc that are just for quick cash isn't really a problem, as long as you can easily see how much content you'd get for buying it (like "one of these special units for each faction").

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    assuming you're talking about the greek cultures dlc, "we" are not getting a "free" dlc. people who pre-order get one, because of marketing reasons, just like almost all pre-order titles lately gave some bonus. it increases sales, plain and simple.
    saying they "can't fit anymore on the disc" is really laughable (if they actually said that). a dlc like that mostly just unlocks stuff that is already in the game, except for some textures and sounds (both of which don't need a lot of space). not to mention that the great majority of game sales are digitial anyway.
    if they actually wanted it to be part of the game for everyone, and not just use it for marketing, they would've included it at least in the digital version and/or made it completely free to download for anyone who bought the game.

that said, taking their time to polish the game is certainly a good idea.
    Yeah got things mixed up, i was talking about the Pontus faction, the devs sayed that the game disc is full and any further factions they reveal before launch will be free day one. I saw alot off people complaining on diffrent forums about day one dlc or factions as they thought they could easily put that on the disc.

Btw i cant wait to see the the campaing map and how far it stretches maby india to?, we have not seen any info or visuals on that yet.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2013-05-11 at 12:54 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a bit disappointed that they are doing the three families thing for Rome again. That was my least favorite part of the first one.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I am a bit disappointed that they are doing the three families thing for Rome again. That was my least favorite part of the first one.
    I think you misunderstood the 3 faction system we get now. Rome is still 1 rome, only you are there on the map, but those other two factions can be chosen for some more diversity and as a force that could demolish your plans. It's absolutely not like how it worked before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    loved the old total war series. last few have not been so impressive.

i will play this game certainly, but whether i buy it is another question.
    If you like the game enough to play it, you like it enough to buy it. No need to be a cunt towards the developers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Yeah got things mixed up, i was talking about the Pontus faction, the devs sayed that the game disc is full and any further factions they reveal before launch will be free day one. I saw alot off people complaining on diffrent forums about day one dlc or factions as they thought they could easily put that on the disc.
    ah, that's of course another matter then. if it's free for everyone (who bought the game) at release, that's great
    Btw i cant wait to see the the campaing map and how far it stretches maby india to?, we have not seen any info or visuals on that yet.
    i doubt it will go that far. i assume it will be around the area we had in original rome and medieval 2 - so pretty much as big as the actual roman empire was at it's peek (to the south and east).

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    i think having rome divided into more than a single faction is good, as they can provide a different and potentially greater challenge than 'barbaric' factions, as well as potent trade partners and possible allies in early game.

that said, i think having only the three almost identical roman families to chose from at the start, wasn't a good idea. hope to see some changes made there.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    If you like the game enough to play it, you like it enough to buy it. No need to be a cunt towards the developers.
    while i agree that games should be bought if liked, some people simply do not have the money for that. unlike what game producers try to make us believe, the question is very often not "do i buy it or do i just pirate it?" but rather "do i pirate it or do i not play it at all?".
    i bought almost all games i recently played (and every single indie title) but if i would've had only the choice "buy or don't play" a few years ago, i simply wouldn't have been able to play more than maybe a fifth of the games that i actually played.

i know that many, if not most, people who pirate games don't really do it for that reason or with any kind of 'moral' thought behind it, but that doesn't mean everyone who ever pirates any games is a selfish jerk who rather spends their money on other stuff than supporting developers (or more often publishers, really).
    Last edited by Sy; 2013-05-11 at 08:27 PM.

Deleted
    Is that Greek factions pre order bonus going to be a timed exclusive and people who didn't pre order will get it for free later down the line or are you going to have to buy it separately like Metro Last Light?

Deleted
    you will have to buy it seperately if you did not preorder it now.

Deleted
    Guess I'm waiting for the steam Christmas sale then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    Is that Greek factions pre order bonus going to be a timed exclusive and people who didn't pre order will get it for free later down the line or are you going to have to buy it separately like Metro Last Light?
    chances are you'll be able to buy it for ~5 bucks later on, if you didn't pre-order. it should, however, be possible to pre-order just before release to get the bonus, i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna wait till I know how bugged the release version actually is (the previous... 3? (medieval 3, empire, shogun2) games were pretty much unplayable out of the box) or until the regular, good, modders did their magic on the game.

Deleted
    Nah, won't have the money to spare for a while and I'd rather not support business practices like that anyway.

Deleted
    Can't wait for it, Creative Assembly are a great game developer imo (With the exception of Empire perhaps) so i'm definitely looking forward to it. I especially love the time period of Rome and cultures present in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can sell the game for €60 without any playable factions and then sell me the factions €5 a piece and I'd still buy 'em all.

Deleted
    Stealth 33% off

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH NEED MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    They can sell the game for €60 without any playable factions and then sell me the factions €5 a piece and I'd still buy 'em all.
    So much this, never been disappointed with a total war game, i did not like the time frame off empire and napoleon as much as ancient and medieval warfare but i still enjoyed them and sometimes still play Napoleon with darthmod (sweden ftw)

Rome II Total War is my dream game, amazing setting where generals and empires shaped the world. But i need to see the campaing map and some multiplayer info.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Not going to preorder it untill i get:

1. A preview of the campain.
    2. Preview of everything else.

Already pissed that factions are gonna be paid dlc :|
    The way it should be.

10+ Year Old Account

Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-06-08 at 02:02 AM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account