Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Next one is up.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...l=1#post616226

You know, even with it on "Normal," Rome 2 is looking a bit too easy to me. Now, granted, Jack is part of the crew that built it. So if anyone would know how to play it exactly the right way? Well, Jack would certainly be one of them. Still, nothing is reading like its given him any sort of real challenge yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, come on!

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/74670-Survivalist-Mykel-Hawke-puts-Legionary-Kit-through-its-paces-for-Total-War-ROME-II

Now this is just getting ridiculous. What's next, the rally point guys play Rome 2 while using a Roman lavatory?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Total War games have never been difficult at all on normal

Just ordered on Green Man Gaming, damn good price. I tried a few cupons like the cheap ass i am but none worked haha.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Just ordered on Green Man Gaming, damn good price. I tried a few cupons like the cheap ass i am but none worked haha.
    I ordered on GMG too but we may get stuck downloading on launch day, instead of playing, since they may not send out keys early.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Next one is up.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...l=1#post616226

You know, even with it on "Normal," Rome 2 is looking a bit too easy to me. Now, granted, Jack is part of the crew that built it. So if anyone would know how to play it exactly the right way? Well, Jack would certainly be one of them. Still, nothing is reading like its given him any sort of real challenge yet.
    I was under the impression that he had some issues in the early goings. Since then he has made treaties with the right people that have kept him out of harm. One thing is that it seems less random than rome 1. Sometimes you would do everything right with an ally or town but then you would still have war declared on you or your town would revolt. So it seems they have made it where you do the right thing and good things follow. Seems less of a difficulty thing and more or a realistic/less frustrating thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I ordered on GMG too but we may get stuck downloading on launch day, instead of playing, since they may not send out keys early.
    Still no dl on steam if that makes you feel better.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Yeah there is preload on steam, so i believe there is a chance they send keys early. We can hope

i also have bad internet connection atm so installing on steam will take a wile for me.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2013-08-27 at 04:50 PM.

Oh, come on!

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...al-War-ROME-II

Now this is just getting ridiculous. What's next, the rally point guys play Rome 2 while using a Roman lavatory?
    That was an awesome video

- - - Updated - - -

First time I have seen these so not sure if they are new or not http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_ROME_II:_Tactical_View
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290

i will buy this game but not initially, i hate this DLC and semi-free shit nonsense! i will wait for some all dlc included version in a year or so.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    i will buy this game but not initially, i hate this DLC and semi-free shit nonsense! i will wait for some all dlc included version in a year or so.
    But CA is fair with their DLC policy. At least compared to some shit companies like EA - if EA made Total War, there would probably be 3 playable factions on release and every next one would cost 10 dollars, lol. Meanwhile CA gives us pretty much every major faction on release (at least for pre-orderers), the last one will be included in a free DLC in a month, and only some unimportant factions like Scythia will be paid DLCs - but they are not at all a faction one couldn't deal without. This most certainly is fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, to be honest, I don't recall "day one" DLC's ever being one of the reasons they claimed DLC's were the next great thing. What I do recall was all about adding more and more stuff after launch. Not before its even on the shelves. Then again, I haven't believed any of the bullshit for ages anyway. Not about DLC's, digital distribution, DRM, etc, etc...

- - - Updated - - -

It's up!

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/73722-Jack-s-Macedon-Campaign-Playthrough?p=620013&viewfull=1#post620013

Good lord, I think I'm becoming addicted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello all,

Just to let you all know CA today announced the Activation Time for ROME II on its release day next week as a single worldwide unlock time of zero hours US Pacific Time on the 3rd Sept, equivalent of 00:00 PDT / 03:00 EDT / 08:00 BST / 09:00 CET / 17:00 AEST.

From that point game activation will be live and Total War: ROME II will be playable.

Digital customers can begin preloading via Steam from 10:00 PDT / 18:00 BST today (28th Aug) in order to be as ready as possible to begin their conquest of the ancient world on launch day, with only the day one content patch including Pontus, an additional playable faction, needing to be downloaded once the game is live.

Please note that ROME II will be region-locked in some territories, if you are buying a copy from overseas please check with your retailer if you will be able to activate it your home country. Further details on the regions this effects are here: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War...l_Restrictions

Total War: ROME II Launches next week on the 3rd September.

Exciting stuff! Go and get your pre-load on!
    Last edited by sinilaid; 2013-08-28 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    Hello all,

Just to let you all know CA today announced the Activation Time for ROME II on its release day next week as a single worldwide unlock time of zero hours US Pacific Time on the 3rd Sept, equivalent of 00:00 PDT / 03:00 EDT / 08:00 BST / 09:00 CET / 17:00 AEST.

From that point game activation will be live and Total War: ROME II will be playable.

Digital customers can begin preloading via Steam from 10:00 PDT / 18:00 BST today (28th Aug) in order to be as ready as possible to begin their conquest of the ancient world on launch day, with only the day one content patch including Pontus, an additional playable faction, needing to be downloaded once the game is live.

Please note that ROME II will be region-locked in some territories, if you are buying a copy from overseas please check with your retailer if you will be able to activate it your home country. Further details on the regions this effects are here: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War...l_Restrictions

Total War: ROME II Launches next week on the 3rd September.

Exciting stuff! Go and get your pre-load on!
    Damn beat me to it
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290

Nice with the preload. Already finished downloading the game through Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    Nice with the preload. Already finished downloading the game through Steam.
    How big is the game? i have slow internet connection atm so i hope it's not gigantic hehe

So I pre-ordered the game through their site a week or two ago, and I don't know how to pre-download it :-/ all I received was a confirmation of the purchase.

GMG are sending out their codes as well, I got mine an hour ago!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    How big is the game? i have slow internet connection atm so i hope it's not gigantic hehe
    9.9GB download according to Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    GMG are sending out their codes as well, I got mine an hour ago!
    This is true, just got mine to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    So I pre-ordered the game through their site a week or two ago, and I don't know how to pre-download it :-/ all I received was a confirmation of the purchase.
    check emails for a steam code?
    dragonmaw - EU

You have pre-ordered with us and will thus receive your download links and activation key by email from 03/09/2013 12:00 AM British Time.

This was the mail when I purchased the game..