Poll: Are you a casual player?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are you a casual player?

I'd like to see if people see themselves as casual or not.

Instead of defining what casual means, just vote based on what's most appropriate based on how you define yourself.

And define yourself as you play now - not how you played 6 months ago or how you will play next patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definetly casual, and i've been a casual since 2006.

10+ Year Old Account
    Casual, yes - I've only got 1~2 hours a night for playing a game. Grindy mmo games and heavy wipe sessions on a boss are no longer "fun" to me.

I consider myself casual but as of the past week, borderline moderate. I've been playing since 2006 and TBC/WOTLK days I was raiding hardcore. Stopped raiding during Cata, did some LFR and now I'm back to LFR working my way up to guild raiding in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sort of casually-hardcore as in, I don't play competitive, but I play a lot. Whether it be roaming around, doing BGs, dailies, arenas, LFR etc.

Casual for sure. My Raiding two nights a week and Battlemaster days are well behind me. Now I'm a Raid Finder / Valor Point hero.

Deleted
    I guess moderate. I play a lot and raid heroic modes, but due to my guild only raiding 3-4 times a week, I won't be calling myself hardcore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Casual I say. I only raid on a whim and I pvp when I am in a killing mod. Most of my time is spent out in the world questing or flying around. I often do low level raids for fun but that's still casual to me has there not hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am the very definition of Casual. I don't raid, I don't PvP, I seldom do much more than a few dailies, a little farming, and some pet battles.

Deleted
    Used to be moderate but now I'm a filthy casual having fun doing all kinds stupid things with my guildies

Only 1 toon @ 90, not exalted with all factions yet, never set foot in a normal mode raid this expansion, no rated pvp, crafted pvp gear only (with a few lucky drop pieces here and there), don't even valor cap some weeks. No pet battles, no challenge modes.

I'd say I'm quite casual.

Deleted
    Went from hardcore at the early years to moderate nowadays.
    Raids made place for LFR
    PvP still stayed the same, always on the schedule
    Real Life just takes more times when you get older

10+ Year Old Account
    i only play wow during raid nights so 20-25h a week so to me that is casual-ish. I guess it is somewhere between casual and moderate? dunno. I define casual based on time playing not content cleared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    20-25h a week so to me that is casual
    I avg 6 hours a week. 20-25 is more like a part time job Granted, it is not the hardcore 40-60 hours per week of playtime, but I would certainly consider this much play time as moderate.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play hardcore when I hit raiding. Before that I play casually.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't valor capped in a month. Raid two nights a week for about 6 hours. 7/12 in ToT. Finally managed to get an alt up tp 90 but only because I was on break from college. Don't do dailies. Would rather afk in org. Don't do challenge modes. Would much rather farm old xmog gear from raids. Yea I think I'm casual.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Casual in attitude moderate in playtime. Maybe an avg of 3-4 hours a day? Alittle on the weekdays and Alot every other weekend and none other weekends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    I'm sort of casually-hardcore as in, I don't play competitive, but I play a lot. Whether it be roaming around, doing BGs, dailies, arenas, LFR etc.
    This, but I selected casual. If I have to do something "IRL", then I will shut the game down and go on. Otherwise I'm usually on tinkering around with alts, Pet Battles, or LFD/LFR.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guild leader, raid leader (3 days, fifth on server). Still casual. I post on the forums if I'm going to miss a raid, find replacements, keep going on with life. Don't valor cap unless I don't have other plans.

I was what you would call "hardcore" until recently, when work and family kinda pushed the ability to raid 4/5 nights a week during progression out of the picture, now instead I just PvP moderately. I wouldn't call myself... that c word.