Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    reset = buy all of them and relist at fallback? i'm pretty sure it's bannable
    Of course it's not...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Perhaps that's the fault of the person who refuses to reset them and lets them stay at 40-85g?
    I think it's more of a case of the server being low pop (I know I said earlier that it's low-medium but it really is kind of a dead server) with high supply (everyone and their brother has an inscriptionist) and low demand. Don't get me wrong, you can still make a bit of gold, but there isn't anyone on my server that is going to make 3k a day with inscription. I probably sell sell 50-60 glyphs per week. Most of my gold comes from battle pet sales, enchanting and making BS items including new weapons.

I have enough gold and enough of a stockpile of ink that I could probably dominate the market if I wanted to, but it's just not worth it to put that kind of effort into it when there are other ways of making gold that are faster and with less effort.

for some reason I have people posting most of their glyphs at the exact same prics of ~55g every day. you really need to get people like this to repost their glyphs higher if you wanna post shortterm (12h) because otherwise you'll end up reseting more auctions than you are actually selling. posting 12h duration auctions is a must if you don't have ridiculous amounts of what you're selling since you are gonna start losing a lot when you end up in undercut wars and have to cancel your auctions. not exactly sure how much the deposit fee is for glyphs but generally this is what you do.

after a week of inscription in MoP I also feel that having a herbalist is a necessity since many of the glyphs require inks from herbs milled from old expansions. it will probably be hard to find people who can farm those for you but feel free to come with any tips regarding this.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    MoP herbs costs most of times the same or even less than old herbs, and you can trade ink of dreams for old inks with the trader

When I went on holiday for a week, I told my 2 competitors, I came back and around 1/4 of the glpyhs we are reset price, around 200-500g, its hard to reset when you have 3/4 big players then 10-15 weaker ones aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still make some 35k a month selling trinkets, with 2 scribes. Even after the costs for herbs that's a nice profit per day. Buy your herbs cheap and you'll make more profit, which is why I usually do 1 or 2 large batches a month when prices of herbs are very low. Then just use the herbs during the month, and make sure you have enough for the inevitable rise of herb prices when the faire is near.

All in all Inscription is just as profitable as Transmute Alchemy for me has been all the time, with the difference that Inscription made me 80k profit per trinket early in Mists. I'm okay with the profit I make from it right now, considering the effort it costs.

yeah.. I'm not getting into the actual glyph market if I can't track down all big sellers and have them reset auctions. making darkmoon cards might still be profitable but I guess it's hard to pull off on just one scribe without excessive trading. with all this in mind I have no idea why I even leveled a scribe but it's on a lvl 80 char so whatever =D

Quote Originally Posted by Scinder View Post
    There aren't any glyphs that sell for more than 100 gold on my server. Most glyphs sell for between 40-85g let alone selling for almost 400. I'll never understand who pays that much gold for a glyph? Granted I play on a low-medium pop server but I never make anywhere near 3k a day.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 11:34 AM ----------

Or perhaps it's just not that viable of a profession on some servers.....
    <-- This. On my server anyway. Admittedly I am on one of the low pop servers that is dying (you know - the problem servers that people complain about constantly that Blizz refuses to address).

I think pretty much everybody has all the glyphs on my server, and it seems nobody is creating new toons anymore. There used to be a small market for minor glyphs (learned through the books) but now that everybody has learned all the glyphs via research even that market has dried up. I've seriously tried posting my inventory at 10G/glyph hoping somebody who was determined to control the market would buy me out. No luck. I don't think anybody cares anymore. When I see glyphs posted, they are generally expensive (200G+), but I am pretty sure those posters are lucky to sell 1-2 glyphs a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    So the market for Inscription items seems to have dried up as people push their item levels past what we can make. So anyone have any ideas as to how to generate a bit of virtual income with the trade skill?
    Be prepared to have 2 accounts, a ton of free time on your hands and the ability to camp the AH. That is a sure method of making gold via Inscription.

I was sitting on a ton of glyphs when I had levelled Inscription before quitting the game and it seems no sooner than I put them on the AH, this particular person is quick to undercut. I even crashed the Glyph Market since it served me no purpose. Just wanted to get rid of them. But this person wouldn't buy me out. He would just undercut me.

Inscription along with JC is a very cut throat profession. Most of the AH campers have this market covered and are quick to undercut you.

And regardless what you make, the only way to make any money from the AH is if you can camp the AH - be quick to cancel and re-list auctions.

Have been posting glyphs very casual (posting only 1 - 4 times a day), according to TSM I made an average of 5152g a day from glyphs during the last 7 days. That number could easily have been 10K+ a day if I would have done it more hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ater View Post
    Have been posting glyphs very casual (posting only 1 - 4 times a day), according to TSM I made an average of 5152g a day from glyphs during the last 7 days. That number could easily have been 10K+ a day if I would have done it more hardcore.
    Its very realm dependent. And even 4 times a day is a bit more than the average auction house poster. Most simply put it up once a day and forget about it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Of course it's not...
    I don't think it would be a good idea to spend thousands of gold buying out other inscriptionists when more than likely they will make new glyphs and continue to sell for 40-80g ea.

The only other option would be to talk with the other two heavy glyph sellers on my realm but something tells me that wouldn't end well trying to jack up the prices of glyphs as there are always a bunch of people that undercut.
    Last edited by Scinder; 2013-05-14 at 03:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyphs seem to sell not at all, or for only a few gold. If your server is different, kudos, but for me it seems like a waste of time to even try to find any that actually sell.

Ironically, it seems that inks sell well... so perhaps that's the answer, as dumb as it may be.

I just wish I had a use for the Scrolls of Wisdom.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    And even 4 times a day is a bit more than the average auction house poster. Most simply put it up once a day and forget about it.
    I said 1 - 4 times a day, not 4 times. But at least compared to how it look last summer on my realm it's a big difference. Last summer so many people was in the glyph business that you had to repost almost instantly. If I was posting 250 different glyphs the first once I posted had already been undercut before the last one had been posted, was just insane with a lot of people camping the AH all the time.

So I had been logging my two scribes each day to make my scroll and buying herbs when they are listed below 1g60s an herb. That price put them at break even for making the BoP shoulder enchants and I would basically get the starlight ink for free. Well, cards have majorly dried up on my server, and with the nerf to the BoP sell price the cost of herbs is dropping to the floor. I can't think of a reason to make scrolls anymore, can you guys? I suppose I could make the staves and upgrade them to 484 in case I ever want to level an alt, but by the time I would even care it would be next expansion anyway. I can't really think of a reason to buy herbs or make scrolls anymore....

Deleted
    I'm on a low pop server, not too difficult to get 1k or so per day from glyphs alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Darkmoon cards sell?

The only set that is even close to BiS anymore is the Crane Deck, which is about 15th for priests, after heroic trinkets from MsV and ToES and Horridon's Last Gasp.

Other than that, good luck finding buyers for 476 trinkets.
    Just a thing to notice - with pvp power nerf this trinkets come ahead of tyranical trinkets (power/stat proc once) quite a bid dmg wise, then you slap 2 upgrades on them and they're BiS for quite a few classes (human race only, but we all know how many they're). Few days ago agi and str trinkets were going for 7.5K/piece and that's like 6.5K profit per one on my server. Also with conquest catchup system more and more are gearing alts so i expect demand for this trinkets to increase further.