Enhancement Feedback Appreciated

Alright after recieving some feedback from Aretoo, thank you by the way I appreciated it, I've decided to recieve feedback from other enhancement shaman out there. I tried sending a private message to Purge on totemspot, but his inbox was full (not surprised). Anyways since the start of Burning Crusade my enhancement shaman was my main, but at the start of Mists I went to mage and now I am back to enhancement shaman which I have missed oh so much. I have read mostly everything and I think I have caught up with everything, but I feel like I am missing something somewhere. I know there are better setups per boss and learning them, and that the strategies per boss differ per guild and will have impact on my damage as well. Just I can't get over the feeling that I am missing something this time around. I know haste gemming is done at a certain point, but I am not sure if I have reached that pinnacle point in my gear which is one question I might need some clarification on. Other then that I would appreciate any feedback on the world of logs I have under this small wall of text.

5/5/13 Logs:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-45blqlzxo0vf3560/

Note: Primordious we do not mutate we just tunnel the boss.

5/7/13 Logs:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-et70nufmpkl6hp1i/

Notes: Fooled around, mostly achievements, after H Jin'rohk because we had quite a few fill ins and some alts. H Jin'rohk we tend to be slow getting the boss to the pool and we have a rule about ionization to make sure people don't get dispelled in the pools (I do use the Shamanistic Rage glyph). Ji'Kun I was the golden egg carrier, but we never found the egg and I forgot to put lightning shield back up after I started dps on the boss.

If you have any questions about the logs let me know, but I do appreciate any feedback.

(Armory in my signature for my shaman)

Mainly looking at your durumu log because it's one of the few that doesn't have BS mechanics get in the way of analyzing your pure rotation. There is light target switching and movement.

First and foremost, your feral spirit uptime looks way low for having 4pc. My uptime is around 44% vs. your 25%. 25% is basically what you get without the 4pc. Need to improve this.

Your FS damage % seems low. Part of this seems to be your uptime on the dot. Make sure you are recasting FS every time you use UE (regardless of remaining duration).

No potion usage (at least no second potion, can't see if you prepot). Do you flask?

It's likely you are not yet at the point where Haste > AGI but you have to sim to be sure.

Last I checked, the VP trinket is better than both you have equipped. Again, sim this (even if you're over caps with the trinket).

Make sure you adjust your usage of the FE glyph based on the fight durations you are experiencing. Glyphing can result in reduced uptimes if not used correctly.

Once you get the hang of fight durations within your guild, try to time your last FE/Ascendance cast with trinket procs. This dude scales like mad with stats so he heavily benefits from your trinket effects. You don't want to delay the other FE casts because you may get screwed out of an additional cast.

Overall your ability usage looks solid. you just need to clean up a few small quibbles and get some gear. In case you didn't hear we're getting a fat buff in 5.3 so keep that in mind if you feel your DPS is still low after fixing the above.
    Last edited by Ryethe; 2013-05-09 at 06:43 PM.

I forgot to mention on the 5/5/13 log I didn't get my 4pc until Twin Consorts so the up-time on feral spirits on Durumu will be lower. Aside from that I know I have a few things to get use to from going from a mage to enhancement so especially the different perspective of melee dps this tier.

Edit:
    The Haste > AGI for gems though I'm still curious about. Is there any particular margin in weights to make the change? I do have a 2.61 haste and a 4.91 AGI from recent SimCrafts, but the margin is somewhat small to where it doesn't seem to make any difference in the SimCrafts.
    Last edited by Leviatron; 2013-05-09 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviatron View Post
    I forgot to mention on the 5/5/13 log I didn't get my 4pc until Twin Consorts so the up-time on feral spirits on Durumu will be lower. Aside from that I know I have a few things to get use to from going from a mage to enhancement so especially the different perspective of melee dps this tier.

Edit:
    The Haste > AGI for gems though I'm still curious about. Is there any particular margin in weights to make the change? I do have a 2.61 haste and a 4.91 AGI from recent SimCrafts, but the margin is somewhat small to where it doesn't seem to make any difference in the SimCrafts.
    I'd recommend using a tool like AMR to regem full hasteand import that profile into simcraft. This should give you a direct comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    I'd recommend using a tool like AMR to regem full hasteand import that profile into simcraft. This should give you a direct comparison.
    That is what I have been doing, and the dps margin is so small like a +/- 30 dps either way. That is what I am curious about. I know it means there is no hurting in gemming for the haste, but would something down the line in gear change factor in or is it the higher my ilvl becomes at this point support the haste gemming even more?
    Last edited by Leviatron; 2013-05-09 at 09:44 PM.

Overall your ability usage looks solid. you just need to clean up a few small quibbles and get some gear. In case you didn't hear we're getting a fat buff in 5.3 so keep that in mind if you feel your DPS is still low after fixing the above.

Do you have a link to the suggested 5.3 buff? I can't seem to find it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taktics View Post
    Do you have a link to the suggested 5.3 buff? I can't seem to find it.
    here you have blue note about shaman changes
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...lue-Tweets-Art

and here you have one guy checking it out on ptr
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckMqPGNvUa4

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Thanks for the links. I was scrolling back through the main page to try to find it. Appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Leviatron View Post
    That is what I have been doing, and the dps margin is so small like a +/- 30 dps either way. That is what I am curious about. I know it means there is no hurting in gemming for the haste, but would something down the line in gear change factor in or is it the higher my ilvl becomes at this point support the haste gemming even more?
    One factor is that haste makes your RPPM trinkets proc more often. This makes them far more reliable. The meta gem should yield bigger gains from haste once you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    here you have blue note about shaman changes
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...lue-Tweets-Art

and here you have one guy checking it out on ptr
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckMqPGNvUa4
    Wow that video is so full of misinformation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Wow that video is so full of misinformation.
    only thing i found wrong there was been that he sayed 75% increse to stormstrike cose its incresed from 375% weapon dmg to 450%, and in case of LL from 250% to 300% so its actualy 20% dmg increse what may be misleading idd, what more misinformation have you seen ?
    its not my vid im just curious cose i cant find anything else :P

only thing i found wrong there was been that he sayed 75% increse to stormstrike cose its incresed from 375% weapon dmg to 450%, and in case of LL from 250% to 300% so its actualy 20% dmg increse what may be misleading idd, what more misinformation have you seen ?
    Aside from the magnitude of the buffs being all wrong, he's speaking as if Enh will regularly see those huge dummy numbers in actual pvp. Between Resilience and battle fatigue the numbers are considerably lower.

One factor is that haste makes your RPPM trinkets proc more often. This makes them far more reliable. The meta gem should yield bigger gains from haste once you get it.
    Yeah, I just wasn't sure if say one item (outside of trinkets and the meta) would change it back to AGI > Haste for my ilvl. My thoughts would say no, but I just had to clarify it since I still have some catching up to do for enhancement this expansion. Thanks for all the feedback Ryethe.

Dummies have 40% armor only, and also have no resilience from gear or base resilience either. Also if you're making an example of power on a level 60 dummy in a video like shown you can forsake almost all your hit in theory (I don't think he did, but it's not uncommon when showing off another classes power).

He also stated LL was a 50% damage increase which is misleading, along with the stormstrike misinformation already mentioned. He made a huge deal about the 75% stormstrike buff which is going to make everyone thing enhance may be hitting up to twice as hard, which is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Dummies have 40% armor only, and also have no resilience from gear or base resilience either. Also if you're making an example of power on a level 60 dummy in a video like shown you can forsake almost all your hit in theory (I don't think he did, but it's not uncommon when showing off another classes power).

He also stated LL was a 50% damage increase which is misleading, along with the stormstrike misinformation already mentioned. He made a huge deal about the 75% stormstrike buff which is going to make everyone thing enhance may be hitting up to twice as hard, which is ridiculous.
    number wise he was been right, he just sayed it a bit wrong way its why ppls may dont understand its really 20% dmg increse on both skills wihich is werry good tbh
    about healing he was ben having up to 200k crits in pvp gear so say whatewer you want but its huge and its bigest reason i even linked that movie

i would give all that changes for one good defensive cd anytime but in curent situation im taking what they give
    Last edited by kosajk; 2013-05-10 at 10:03 PM.

number wise he was been right, he just sayed it a bit wrong way its why ppls may dont understand its really 20% dmg increse on both skills wihich is werry good tbh
    By numbers he's wrong and by % he's wrong. You won't see those hits on players and you won't see that % increase in damage before / after patch. From 375% to 450% is NOT a 75% increase in damage and it's an absolute amateur mistake to say it is by accident, and misleading people as he defends himself on the video.

But yes, I agree the 10-20% round increase is significant still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    By numbers he's wrong and by % he's wrong. You won't see those hits on players and you won't see that % increase in damage before / after patch. From 375% to 450% is NOT a 75% increase in damage and it's an absolute amateur mistake to say it is by accident, and misleading people as he defends himself on the video.

But yes, I agree the 10-20% round increase is significant still.
    Exactly. No one is going to dispute that its a nice buff; its just no where near as good as that video says it is.