Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    1. Old PVP titles/grind
    2. Old talent trees
    3. Attunement
    4. One spec only
    5. A sense of community.

  2. #22
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,023
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    1. Old PVP titles/grind
    2. Old talent trees
    3. Attunement
    4. One spec only
    5. A sense of community.
    Blizzard can't bring back community, the playerbase only can.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

  3. #23
    I completely agree on the darker night times, though I'd like a more frequent day/night cycle so you can experience both rather than tying to real world time.
    And I'd like to see cosmetic slots added to achieve the polearm return you mentioned. Basically let paladins and shaman get that cosmetic slot to visually show librams/totems they carry, hunters could have a 2H sword or dual weapons on their hips for show only with no stat benefit, warriors and rogues could have the same for guns/bows, etc. etc.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 06:13 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Blizzard can't bring back community, the playerbase only can.
    Well, some of Blizzard's implementations contribute to the erosion, I'm afraid.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Blizzard can't bring back community, the playerbase only can.
    Sad but true. In the past, there was no way a city boss goes down. Now? Can barely form a full party of people willing to defend.

  5. #25
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,023
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Sad but true. In the past, there was no way a city boss goes down. Now? Can barely form a full party of people willing to defend.
    Because nowadays there is much more rewarding things to do.
    If blizzard made like a quest daily by a pvp npc that says, 'Slay 20 horde in your capital" and then you gain like 200 Conquest or something, then people actually will defend their own town.

    Blizzards need to use PvP better nowadays, better pvp rewards MORE pvp rewards on the open world, not just bgs.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    Screw 5, because mods are dumb and closed my thread.

    Here are some of mine:
    -New and improved CRZ. If done correctly, it could solve the issue of server populations. Going more in depth, my changes would be:
    [FONT=Arial Black]-Limit connected realms to 3-4 realms (less for high pop realms)
    -Limit connected realms to 3-4 realms (less for high pop realms)
    -Cross realm AH
    -You can guild and raid current content with people from connected realms
    -LFG connects you more often with people from connected realms
    Why not just merge those realms then? If they're playing together anyway in every aspect (Guilds, AH, Raids), there is no reason to have 4 servers instead of just one well populated one.

    -Node spawns in pre-MoP content increased by 50%
    -More world bosses
    -Tougher world content; more elites, more group bosses, more world bosses, etc. (IoT is a good example of this)
    -LFR drops the same ilvl gear as 5-man heroics, and doesn't give legendary quest items
    -10/25 shared lockout removed
    -Combination of the Wrath and MoP talent systems (talent point every level with a 'meta' MoP-like talent every 15 levels)
    -Less of a stress on daily quests as content
    -Implementation of longer, more difficult quest chains at level cap.
    -More leveling dungeons
    -Less focus on scenarios
    -Faction shared tag on elite rares and group rare bosses (like in IoT)
    -More focus on older, less-used capital cities
    -Give us more areas to explore in the world
    -More elite areas in zones. Isle of Giants is a great example of what I want to see.
    -World events. I want to see the world feel more 'alive'. Let's see world bosses attacking cities, groups of elite pats attacking important questing hubs.
    -Less focus on LFR loot and more focus on what it was actually meant to do; show the content off in a less 'hardcore' environment.
    -Heroic 5-man 'progression' dungeons. I.e, have 2 different level cap difficulties, heroic, and elite. Elite would drop higher ilvl gear.
    I pretty much agree with all of these. It would be nice to feel that the world is a slightly dangerous place instead of just somewhere I go to destroy things and blast through leveling as is the current case. I think the reason for my lack of leveling alts is that there is no challenge. It's just "grind these things that can't kill you until you're max level."

    -CRZ in Pandaria, mob and node spawn increased by 50% to compensate
    -More punishment for cross-realm griefing
    -More focus on world PvP.
    -More focus on city PvP. Add in some more 'bosses' to cities that give honor/conquest/achievements when killed. Add in some more elite guards to cities that don't have a lot of player activity
    I think these are quite poor ideas though. CRZ needs to go away and they need to just merge servers. Frankly, with the losses they posted in Q1, it's time for mergers to happen. CRZ is an okay solution for leveling up areas of the world where there are an extremely few number of people, but on the whole it's not a good thing. As for the world PvP and city PvP, I only say no because for those that don't want to participate, the results border on griefing, not fun. If they would do phasing, that's fine, but not as an entirety.


    -More attention to PvP balance
    Make PvP and PvE completely separate is the only way for this to happen. Changes that are intended for one usually effect the other in negative ways. Put a toggle in place that when you're in a PvP zone, BG, or arena your spells play in such a way and one that's the opposite for the regular world, non pvp zones, dungeons and raids, they play a different way. That's the only way for true balance to exist. That or complete homogenization.


    -"World Chat" implemented, which spans the entirety of Pandaria (or the current expansions main continent), and is used for forming groups and raids.
    They had it before and it didn't work. It was used to troll people with the occasional person looking for a group that way. We have other methods in place now to find groups and raids that works much better without the trolling of the old global channel.

    -More heroic-only bosses for the hardcores. Because why not.
    -Current heroics buffed by 20%
    While I like the idea of those committed to doing heroics having a little bit extra, I don't think that giving them more bosses is in the best interest of the game as a whole. Blizzard doesn't have infinite resources and taking time to invest in creating things for a small portion of the community is a waste of those resources. Adding in exclusive loot takes much less time and is more rewarding. In my eyes, that's the way to go.

    -Separate PvP/PvE specs
    We technically already have those if you choose to use the dual spec as so. A complete separation of PvE and PvP though is a great idea and one I wish Blizzard would start looking in to. Too often do we hear how they made a change for PvP balance that unintentionally broke a class for PvE or Vice Versa.

    -Class quests (not the crappy ones we have now)
    Again, I love the idea, but feel it would waste time to do so. There are 11 classes, that would each need their own quests. I'm sure the players would want the quest line to be more then one quest too, so you're looking at probably at least 5 in depth quests for each class. That's 55 quests right there all of which need to feel epic and original. Conceptually a great idea, but in practice, probably a massive waste of time.

    -More min/max type stats. Bring back armor pen, block rating, spell pen, resistances, etc. Not just the haste/crit/mastery/exp/hit we have now.
    All of that was removed because it was bloat. If anything, we're still sitting at too much unnecessary bloat that just confuses people for no reason. The differences aren't strong enough to make the play style feel any different if you choose to be a crit heavy player vs a haste heavy player. Make the min / max be in those details instead of adding back in the others.

    -Hearthstone mini-game in WoW
    No reason to. If you want to play Hearthstone, play Hearthstone. If you want to play WoW, play WoW. The only thing of this I would like to see is the ability to queue up in WoW for a dungeon or raid then switch over to Hearthstone and be notified when your queue pops.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Blizzard can't bring back community, the playerbase only can.
    The player base can, but won't because it's too easy to get the best without community. That's a direct fault of Blizzard. They've made achieving everything in game a right, not a privilege. In doing so, they've made any sense of community a moot point. In addition, as they themselves know, players take the path of least resistance. Why bother finding players to play with when you can hop into an easy version (AKA LFR) plow through, and never have to talk to anyone else while still getting the best there is in game? Frankly, there is no reason not to. If the community is going to be fixed, it's by Blizzard, not the players. What that means though is a complete overhaul of LFR and LFD.

    Additional; A few things I'd like to see happen:
    - More creativity in dungeons. As they stand now, they're all the same; Linear, 3-4 bosses, no deviation. Bring back dungeons that are large and sprawling that will take more then just 30 minutes to complete. I'm not asking for hours upon hours of commitment, just something beyond the current level of commitment which, to me, is no different then the commitment to a facebook game.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2013-05-09 at 06:53 PM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Well, some of Blizzard's implementations contribute to the erosion, I'm afraid.
    That's akin to blaming McDonald's for making you fat.

    Silly playerbase.
    It's LeviOsa, not LeviosAR!

  8. #28
    separate 10/25 lockouts

    tier gloves/legs/chest on VP vendors, 10s get 1 non tier drop on tier bosses which is stupid. or just go back to 2 drops + tier, not sure why that was changed tbh

  9. #29
    I want the sense of Wacraft back.

  10. #30
    1. Arena skrimish mode. Seems like such a simple thing, can't understand this.

    2. TBC raid model, aka no hard-mode, only 1 mode with entry bosses being very easy.

    3. Bring back the more fair number of servers, the game once had. Now days to many servers exsist both inn US and EU. Time to close shit down!

    4. More world content, from world pvp to "that new fealing". Hard to do now days trough...

    5. Gief TBC/vanilla realm...?
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

  11. #31
    1. Mass summon
    2. Mass summon
    3. Mass summon
    4. Mass summon
    5. Mass summon

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    The player base can, but won't because it's too easy to get the best without community. That's a direct fault of Blizzard. They've made achieving everything in game a right, not a privilege. In doing so, they've made any sense of community a moot point. In addition, as they themselves know, players take the path of least resistance. Why bother finding players to play with when you can hop into an easy version (AKA LFR) plow through, and never have to talk to anyone else while still getting the best there is in game? Frankly, there is no reason not to. If the community is going to be fixed, it's by Blizzard, not the players. What that means though is a complete overhaul of LFR and LFD.
    Right, because every single player has 2200+ arena rating and Heroic PvE gear from current expansion.

  13. #33
    Have group, will travel

    Plagued and Black Proto Drakes

    The original Paladin charger quest.

    The dungeon set 2, or tier 0.5 quest line. Loved doing that on new toons.

    The old gear system in which there was no such thing as PvP gear.

  14. #34
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    1. Old nights, that definitely tops my wishlist
    2. Old PvP system along with DHKs (maybe on players too if they are 9 lvls lower)
    3. Old talent tree. Out of all the talent tree incarnations, the Mists seem to be the one giving them the hardest time to balance. That and it's off the original point. There's only the illusion of choice when some talents are mandatory. Who cares if you can be a frost mage with living bomb? You'll pick frost bomb anyway.
    9 levels lower would mean someone in T15 killing someone in T10 or Cata greens.

    Make it 5 levels because 5-level expansions.

    Also make it killing quest NPCs is an automatic DHK.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2013-05-09 at 08:33 PM.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  15. #35
    Bloodsail Admiral Perkunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kazakhstan
    Posts
    1,179
    Exclusivity would be all my answers.
    Don't blame the casuals for making Warcraft worse. It's the unskilled masses who refuse to improve themselves and Blizzard who has decided to bribe these folks with an endless shower of purples that should draw the ire of both casual and hardcore alike. It was never about "seeing the content" for these people it's always been about the gear and their sense of entitlement.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionym View Post
    2) World PvP. Remember Hillsbrad?! That was what made World of Warcraft amazing. Nerf the damn guards already, it's not fun going to PvP and end up fighting guards that take a minute to kill. Make the lowbie towns susceptible to being taken over, like the old days.

    If anything, capitals are the areas that should be targets for seizure by a hostile force, and there should be interesting rewards for doing so. Nothing in this game should promote or reward lowbie ganking (which, unfortunately, is exactly what world PvP does in its current *state*).
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

  17. #37
    Way too many low populated servers and while cross realm helps to give the illusion, it still doesn't address the absolutely dead cities and AH's. I went on a low populated server the other day and did a /who. There was a ridiculous 14 people online from 1-90. This being at 9pm at night. Come on now, that is just atrocious. The AH was so abyssal, I just shook my head. If Blizzard refuses to merge servers, do cross realm AH's. Something has to be done. There are just way too many low populated servers now.

    Group quests! I loved that in the past. It was so fun having to find people to get certain quests done and then getting a nice blue item reward. Now, everything is soloable.

    Separate raids again.

    Bring back weekly raid quests, like in Wrath. That was an absolute blast.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    pvp titles that aren't arena/rbg or achievements....vanilla pvp titles with diff names for example
    +1

    The ranking system definetly needs to come back, honestly I'd like the old ones too...felt like you were really contributing to the Alliance vs Horde war effort when you got promotions, access to higher level gear(awesome faction themed gear at that).

    PVP these days is entirely too bland. I've always wanted Blizz to make it seem like we are at war with another faction, not just other players.

  19. #39
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    We need to bring back Onyxia every expansion. Turn it into a meme...what zany thing is Onyxia going to do next??? Will she return as Robo-Onyxia? Zombie Onyxia? Developers could have fun with it
    Robo-Onyxia (We already had a zombie Onyxia)

  20. #40
    I disagree with removing guards because that allows players to grief the shit out of low levels. As I've said elsewhere, all too often I've seen level 85-90s come in and wreck low level questing areas, often for hours at a time, which prevents people from being able to acquire/turn in quests and, you know... progress. That is griefing, and nothing but. On a PvP server that might be considered acceptable but on PvE? Its just high level pricks screwing with low levels/new players.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •