Thread: Collosus smash

10+ Year Old Account

Collosus smash

should the collosus smash effect be applied to one self rather than a mob to ensure you get the max benefit from it ?

Deleted
    I feel like it's fine the way it is.

It'd be nice for aoe situations, but otherwise i think it is fine the way that it currently exists.

I'm pretty happy with the way it is as well. Something I would like to know though is if another warrior's CS works for me? I see it popping up on my weakauras so im curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucious View Post
    I'm pretty happy with the way it is as well. Something I would like to know though is if another warrior's CS works for me? I see it popping up on my weakauras so im curious.
    It doesn't, only yours applies for you.

I figured as much. Thanks though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buhrag View Post
    It'd be nice for aoe situations, but otherwise i think it is fine the way that it currently exists.
    That would be incredible OP w/ BS, since CS debuff is like ~45% increase damage on target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    That would be incredible OP w/ BS, since CS debuff is like ~45% increase damage on target.
    A better buff that would actually make something viable would be to make Avatar scale with fury mastery, essentially turning it into the old death wish we all know and loved. Hell, we may actually take the talent and it wouldn't interfere with PVP since most rbg/arena warriors are arms anyways.

Colossus is "okay" the way it is now, however it is not without issues. I would like it to be non-parryable ability, since it punishes too much to be "front" (well on the wrong side 180 degree radius) for even the slightest time compared to any other melee class in the game, since most classes usually just get the global cooldown triggered and are free to try again... Although technically warriors are nearly the only class with such damage boosting mechanic tied to non-refundable special melee attack with long cooldown for such purpose.

ARP buff for the player then again would be too good on aoe like some have already stated.
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2013-05-10 at 03:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    Colossus is "okay" the way it is now, however it is not without issues. I would like it to be non-parryable ability, since it punishes too much to be "front" (well on the wrong side 180 degree radius) for even the slightest time compared to any other melee class in the game, since most classes usually just get the global cooldown triggered and are free to try again... Although technically warriors are nearly the only class with such damage boosting mechanic tied to non-refundable special melee attack with long cooldown for such purpose.

ARP buff for the player then again would be too good on aoe like some have already stated.
    Why are you in the front as melee

I think the better question is, why some bosses like to turn around like a crazy chicken, or have these anti-melee mechanics? It nearly makes my balls hurt on normal animus, when you have to take one mob and it just keeps parrying all your important skills in a row, negating you damage done for like 75%.

Most of the time melee indeed is not in front of the boss, but there are situations that you can't always avoid it, unless you just wanna stop hitting buttons altogether or stay in the area what kills you. Personally I just think that Warrior gets punished by it harder than other classes what is wrong imho, and fixing colossus would make it more even.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Colossus Smash was 100% unavoidable, as in it cannot be parried or dodged, that would fix a lot of our damage issues in pvp as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    I think the better question is, why some bosses like to turn around like a crazy chicken, or have these anti-melee mechanics? It nearly makes my balls hurt on normal animus, when you have to take one mob and it just keeps parrying all your important skills in a row, negating you damage done for like 75%.

Most of the time melee indeed is not in front of the boss, but there are situations that you can't always avoid it, unless you just wanna stop hitting buttons altogether or stay in the area what kills you. Personally I just think that Warrior gets punished by it harder than other classes what is wrong imho, and fixing colossus would make it more even.
    Damage on anima golems on normal doesn't matter even the slightest bit, so that's a bit of a silly complaint.

Deleted
    Tons of bosses turn to target ranged with abilities for a split second, if you don't think you're getting parried colossus smashes from time to time you're probably not paying enough attention.