Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Most Epic Bosses.

On the flipside of the thread of the most disappointing bosses, there are also some amazingly epic bosses.

Name your favourites!

For me, Lei Shen is a pretty epic boss. The cliche' is you weaken the boss, and he teleports into his contraption to power himself back up, but Lei Shen powers his pylons up with himself.

Not necessarily a "boss" per se, but the final level of Fire Emblem 7 is pretty epic, fighting all the morphs with the epic weapons, and finally killing Nergal with assassin Matthew with Silencer.
    Last edited by Zethras; 2013-05-09 at 08:17 PM.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to be a minor list here:

Heroic Lich King
    Illidan
    Algalon the Observer
    Ganondorf Sword fight at the end of Twilight Princess
    Pokemon Trainer Red
    Seymour on Mount Gagazet or w/e in FFX
    The End from Metal Gear Solid 3
    Psycho Mantis from MGS 1
    Malak at the end of KOTOR was fairly easy but fun
    The guy at the end of Just Cause 2 for the sheer ridiculousness of it
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Lei Shen is indeed pretty fucking amazing.

Gotta say though, nearly every Ridley battle from Metroid is great, even the one in Other M was really fucking great, and he's simply so great that he had to be a boss twice in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Ridley is always the peak of excitement in nearly every Metroid game he is in (exceptions being the first game and Fusion.) Of course the question would be what Ridley battle is the best, and without a shadow of doubt it's Meta Ridley in Metroid Prime. Not only has he had appearances throughout the whole game at this point, but you hadn't seen him for quite some time at this point, and he just comes in with such a shock factor, right before the final battle, shattering all hope of reaching the end. The fight is classic, action-packed, and feels enormous.

Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-05-09 at 07:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the whole Ganon/Ganondorf sequence in Twilight Princess. Easy or not, I actually enjoyed most of the bosses in that game. A good boss fight doesn't have to be hard/lengthy, just interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say majority of R&C bosses are pretty epic.
    Hey everyone

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The End
    The Fear
    The Pain
    All bosses from Metal Gear Solid 3 with The End being the hardest and most epic boss fight in my opinion.

Deleted
    Nihilanth from Half-Life 1 - hands down. Jumping in his brain, teleports - awesome stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulus View Post
    Nihilanth from Half-Life 1 - hands down. Jumping in his brain, teleports - awesome stuff.
    I thought he was always refered to as dissapointing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I thought he was always refered to as dissapointing.
    Not in my book. The first time I was playing Half-Life - I really enjoyed the fight. Far better than just swarming enemies like in HL2.

The final boss of Abyssal Precipice in RIFT on the harder difficulty was INSANELY awesome and tough, and amazingly epic for me, at the start of the game when you didn't outgear it and if you didn't exploit. So was Konstantine (final boss of King's Reach, I think it was called?).

Just about all of the bosses in Dark Souls. Fire breathing, fire shitting spider? Check. Giant fucking wolf that holds a sword between its fangs? Fuck yeah.

Ratchet & Clank has some amazing bossfights in it. A Crack in Time especially: the Nefarious boss fight towards the end was awesome, and Azimuth was just brilliant, and not so much epic, as very engaging, cool, and rather personal, which made the fight quite cool for me.

Final Fantasy X - Seymour Omnis. God that fight was awesome. Final Fantasy XIII was shit, but had some amazing bossfights in it (and by some, I mean 2) : Dahaka (I think?) and Barthandelus 2, were both incredibly energetic, frantic, and awesome fights. Two good fights in an otherwise terrible game.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Heroic Lich King, Algalon and Yogg-Saron +0 from WoW. No boss seem to have defeated that epic feeling yet.

For the rest I don't play many games that have boss fights

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Heroic Lich King, Algalon and Yogg-Saron +0 from WoW. No boss seem to have defeated that epic feeling yet.

For the rest I don't play many games that have boss fights
    How could I forget Yogg Saron? Or Firefighter Mimiron? Did both of those on 10m for the Rusted Drake back in WotLK and they were amazing fights.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Knight Artorias, Kalameet and Manus, Father of the Abyss from Dark Souls. Firefighter Mimiron was great too. I loved Malygos too, but a lot of people seemed to hate him.

Lich King, best fight I've ever done. ever.

I thought all the AQ bosses were pretty epic, and also when I saw rag for the very first time

illidan, kj, arhimonde and kaelthas. so many epic tbc fights. I was unimpressed with the lich king, ulduar beat the hell out of icc.

Deleted
    Back when I was a kid, I felt Dark Falz from Phantasy Star 1 on the Master System was terrifying.
    You think you are pretty much done with the game after dispatching of King Lassic. You're just on your way to chat with the Governor of Motavia and suddenly this monstrous THING turns up. Epic new background music for the fight starts to play, he fills the entire screen, has two attacks each turn, and you CAN'T SEE HIS HP TOTAL! You recall the face, you've seen it before in a nightmare scene where you could NOT WIN! So from the get go, you are shitting your pants.
    I have no idea how many tries it took me to beat him back then in 1989, 30, 40, 50 times?

Algalon and Kuja(FFIX) are the only ones that come to mind for me.

Ornstein and Smough from Dark Souls. That fight intimidated me so much for the longest time, and it's still really fun now even though I know both of their movesets by heart. Great stuff.

Promathia, easily.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.