10+ Year Old Account

A look back, 6 months without City of Heroes

Oh alas it has been over 6 months with City of Heroes. It's a shame, when I saw in august the game was being shut down I literally avoided it to take it off of my mind. I regret not going to it and playing more. Instead I ignored it and pretended the problem wasn't there. Now it's been 6 months and I can tell you every time I go to http://www.cityofheroes.com/en/sunset.php I read it, let it sink in and usually end up crying of how much regret I have for not playing the game more the last few months. The community still mourns the loss of the game. I still can't believe it and not sure I will ever be able to.

I had so much time invested into the game, I have so many memories. If it weren't for city of heroes I probably never would have started playing WoW. It was my first MMO and led me into many other MMO's. I remember so much from this game. SO much it's ridiculous. Not sure if anyone else who reads these forums knows too much about the game but it was amazing.

Deleted
    I never really played it much, but I agree that it was a pretty fantastic game. It aged pretty badly unfortunately though, and the combat always felt a bit clunky because of that. Who knows, hopefully we'll see another super hero game of it's caliber some day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played a lot of CoH prior to moving to WoW. Was a fantastic game in my opinion. I probably would have never moved to WoW had there been a little more diversity outside of your avatar skin in the classes. I didnt like that essentially one blaster was as good as any other as long as they knew how to play. I know that was changed later on to bring a little more flavor, but it was probably the only thing that eventually caused me to move on to WoW that had talent specs.

I'd never even heard of it until it got shut down, but I feel bad for all the players who liked it. A strong, vibrant community, very invested in a game is something which I know is awesome to be a part of, and to have it taken away from you sucks ass.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."