It's about as arty as this...

]
    This is more entertaining

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't get the point of it. he's just taken the pictures of a few different people and put them next to each other, whats this suppose to be showing?
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    i don't get the point of it. he's just taken the pictures of a few different people and put them next to each other, whats this suppose to be showing?
    Human Diversity.

From the time we are born to the day we day we make millions of decisions. Most of them we choose but some are made for us. Those decisions go a long way to determining how we turn out.

Where we live also plays a big part. Someone growing up in Africa is going to turn out far differently than someone living in New York.

10+ Year Old Account
    Created equal, born diverse, and gifted with the will and capacity to achieve dreams. Make your choices well.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    From the time we are born to the day we day we make millions of decisions. Most of them we choose but some are made for us. Those decisions go a long way to determining how we turn out.

Where we live also plays a big part. Someone growing up in Africa is going to turn out far differently than someone living in New York.
    If only I knew that the choice I made impacted my life before today... but now that I've seen these pictures it's all so clear to me!

And "most of them we choose"? I guess all those poor people just chose to be poor, and the criminals chose to be criminals (so I guess the punishment-based justice system makes sense after all), the prostitutes chose to be prostitutes, the ballerina chose to be a ballerina (because it wasn't her parents), the fat ugly people chose to be fat and ugly, etc, right?

inb4 arguments over the semantics of the word choose
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    And "most of them we choose"? I guess all those poor people just chose to be poor, and the criminals chose to be criminals (so I guess the punishment-based justice system makes sense after all), the prostitutes chose to be prostitutes, the ballerina chose to be a ballerina (because it wasn't her parents), the fat ugly people chose to be fat and ugly, etc, right?
    Most of the time yes, most of the time yes, yes, some of the time yes (and even when not, the choice to stick with it and keep doing it is), to a large degree yes.
    Last edited by DEATHETERNAL; 2013-05-09 at 09:32 PM.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I think it's more in the sense that they were created equal, as in, they were all born in the US. I felt that the author tried to show that not everyone has the same chances even if they're all born in same country, and the title is especially put like that to contrast with the pictures. I could be wrong, but that's what I felt and that's why I wanted to share and discuss.
    If that was his point, to highlight that people born in the same country doesn't turn out the same way, well... duh. The only thing these people shared was the same birth country, which is just one of millions of environmental factors that determine who you become.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    I found it interesting. Just a look at how people can turn out so differently, perhaps even given some of the same chances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a lot of people need to lose weight

Deleted
    I don't think he achieved what he thinks he achieved. Regardless, the framing of the photographs and the stark contrasts are interesting to look at.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they were real people, then it would be somewhat cool to look at. You can tell just by looking at them it isn't real, so don't really care what he trying to sell here.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Looks just like a list of stereotypes, like the fat cowboy real estate developer.
    Agreed, way to staged to be believable "real" people.