Exclamation World of Warcraft Needs Massive Changes to Survive

If you look back into the threads that I made several years ago, then you will see I forecasted all this coming. I said the changes for MOP were not big enough. Basically it is the same game with a new coat of paint. The devs really need to think big and take some risks in order to save wow. maybe they need to rethink the entire philosophy of basing the game on raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is not much you can change if age is the game's biggest problem.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what's big? Switch to being all about Arenas? Become just a giant queue once you login until you have a group?

It doesn't need huge changes, it needs to STOP changing. The game was perfect in late Wrath, and actually was good from a mechanics standpoint in Cata (content was the problem). They changed that in MoP and are now reaping the consequences of endgame being a giant series of grinds.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    So what's big? Switch to being all about Arenas? Become just a giant queue once you login until you have a group?

It doesn't need huge changes, it needs to STOP changing. The game was perfect in late Wrath, and actually was good from a mechanics standpoint in Cata (content was the problem). They changed that in MoP and are now reaping the consequences of endgame being a giant series of grinds.
    End game has always been a series of grinds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Another "WoW is dying" thread, almost went a few hours before another one popped up.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    If you look back into the threads that I made several years ago, then you will see I forecasted all this coming.
    You predicted your own opinion staying the same, nothing more.

The biggest issue I have with it - tbh, is not so much queues or anything like that - its the fact that nearly every damn LARGE content patch or expansion they DRASTICALLY overhaul classes. After playing for 6 years and the insane amount of times I had to re-learn my classes its becoming quite tedious. Just when I get settled and comfy with a new rotation, etc. bam - something changes and everything drastically changes again.

Deleted
    Survive what? It's the biggest MMO on the market, as one of the most played games on the world.
    You mention having made threads about this years ago, and still years later the game is still standing strong as ever. Does it really need to change? Infact, the game had more success the less it changed

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    If you look back into the threads that I made several years ago, then you will see I forecasted all this coming. I said the changes for MOP were not big enough. Basically it is the same game with a new coat of paint. The devs really need to think big and take some risks in order to save wow. maybe they need to rethink the entire philosophy of basing the game on raiding.

Well You dont rly have to be Nostradamus to predict such thing. They are doing good, trying to get rid of cata changes. Major problem in my opinion are ghosts servers if u look at numbers ammount of dead servers are rising. If a guild want to move there will be always some ppl left behind, casual style of game play is possible only when economy on server is fairly normal what usualy means more then 20-50 ppl each faction.

So "dead" servers should be prio for blizz in my opinion

Deleted
    It would basicly just be artificial lifesupport, costing Blizz millions that could be spend in other areas that would probably benefit better from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have plenty of open threads regarding the current sub loss or changes that can be made to the game. Since you haven't actually included any in your post, I invite you to post your thoughts in those open threads, instead:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-casual-gamers
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ould-it-happen
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hould-add-back
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...de-to-save-WoW