Thread: so the DK nerfs

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

so the DK nerfs

so since UH is being nerfed for unknown reasons (either GC/whiner) are dk's gonna be totally useless in pvp cos to me its the following

1.blood: high survival , low damage only good for FC in pvp

2.frost low survival high damage only good for battlegrounds, in arena its just terrible and rated bg's its ok

3. Unholy well with the nerfs in 5.3 it looks like its not playable for PVP it has a balance between blood and frost

PVP is gonna be dead in 5.3 i hope thye lose another 1.3 million subs cos of it then they might actually think about fixing PVP

The sky has fallen the game is over.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    The game has fallen the sky is over.
    Fixed!

OT: Play what you want, Unholy will be fine still.

By not playable do you mean not FOTM? just curious. UH dk's will still be fine...no not FOTM and not bottom of the barrel, but I would still take my UH over frost, cuz I like pushing more than 2 buttons lol

Deleted
    last time dk's where FOTM was in wrath

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    so since UH is being nerfed for unknown reasons (either GC/whiner) are dk's gonna be totally useless in pvp cos to me its the following

1.blood: high survival , low damage only good for FC in pvp

2.frost low survival high damage only good for battlegrounds, in arena its just terrible and rated bg's its ok

3. Unholy well with the nerfs in 5.3 it looks like its not playable for PVP it has a balance between blood and frost

PVP is gonna be dead in 5.3 i hope thye lose another 1.3 million subs cos of it then they might actually think about fixing PVP
    PVP won't be dead, if anything it will just be more aggravating for world PVP, but let's be honest on servers where one faction outnumbers the other like I'm on we're used to aggravating and will do world PVP regardless.
    as for DKs: blood will remain invincible to non magic damage melee outside of being VERY carefully kited or just CCed to death. frost will continue to have obliterate crits for huge amounts of health plus diseases, unholy will have minions plus diseases plus melee plus more minions diseases and melee. really to say that any class is truly useless in PVP is really a personal opinion over factual (except perhaps enhancement shamans, I don't think I've seen one of those in ages. and even they can still be good if there's a skilled player behind the keyboard.)
    on saying you want WoW to lose subs over the PVP change...why.. it would only serve to make them question more aspects of the PVP system and try to change it again, which likely won't be in the way people want, probably completely removing what balance there is or just plain dropping it and focusing on PVE completely which would be even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knight

Talents

Gorefiend's Grasp can now affect a maximum of 4 player targets. The number of non-player targets that can be affected remains unlimited.
    Unholy

Festering Strike now deals 175% weapon damage, down from 200%.
    Scourge Strike now deals 165% weapons damage, up from 135%.
    Sudden Doom now requires the Death Knight to be in Unholy Presence to activate the effect that causes Death Coil to cost no Runic Power.
    Unholy Might now increases the Death Knight's Strength by 10%, down from 15%.
    You can't sit in Blood and still double everyone else's damage. World is ending! Post Resilience change, with the amount of CC breaks DKs have I dont see that being a big deal. You wont die as fast, and you have multiple stun breaks to allow you to get into Blood when you are focused. Unholy will still be good in Arena, and probably better off in 5.3 then 5.2 due to the pvp power nerf and other class changes.

Otherwise, you can't get a guaranteed RBG spot for GG Beam Vortex. You might get replaced by a caster. Kind of sucks. Well welcome to being melee.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

S9 as well man

10+ Year Old Account
    No the nerfs just mean that Blizzard wants Frost to triumph over Unholy this patch. Most people are completely underestimating how bad the Unholy Might nerf along with the bug fix to necrotic strike is for Unholy. That along with the pvp power nerf basically makes it harder for a sustained dps spec land a kill. Play Unholy on the PTR and get back to me if anyone here hasn't.

Put it bluntly, Unholy back in 4.2 cataclysm was terrible and finally received a 5% buff to Unholy Might to make it better. Once 4.3 hit, Unholy was way over Frost thanks to the damage buff. Now the present 5.2-5.3 transition could possibly be the reverse of the 4.2-4.3 scenario. I could see if there was a new tier of Raid or PvP coming out to warrant the nerf to Unholy Might due to its ability to scale really well, but it seems to me that this nerf is directed at Unholy PvP to make it on par or worse than Frost.

Unholy is still a really good spec, it has good survival, good control, good mobility and has many ways to break CC/stuns. The problem is that nobody brings a DK for any of those things. The only thing that keeps Unholy around or any melee other than a Rogue is constant pressure.

Deleted
    4.2 Frost DKs ring a bell? Not to mention Unholy is insanely good right now.

You're just a butt hurt player who won't be carried by his spec all the way anymore. God help blizzard actually tries to make other, less capable specs have equal footing against DKs...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    UH is more than fine, it can take a few nerfs np...

I swear, you can have a class be godmode, and if it's damage is reduced by even 5% in a patch people cry doom.

Only change i'm not super happy with is that the necrotic nerf was too harsh. Everything else understandable, and i know necrotic strike needed some tuning adjustments. I just didn't see the reason to nerf it to the ground making it unusable.

Side note, with the recent changes to it, I wouldn't mind seeing it cost runic power instead of a death rune. You would have to choose between doing dmg or building an absorb depending what cd's up your team has up to land a kill, and this would work for both frost and unholy without being op.
    Last edited by liljc711; 2013-05-10 at 12:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by liljc711 View Post
    Only change i'm not super happy with is that the necrotic nerf was too harsh. Everything else understandable, and i know necrotic strike needed some tuning adjustments. I just didn't see the reason to nerf it to the ground making it unusable.
    What necrotic nerf? I don't see one in the 5.3 patch notes, and I havent played my DK on PTR if it's a stealth one to know otherwise. Yet I hope you mean some stealth nerf, because anyone saying NS is unusable on live is fucking retarded. Multiple times this week in Arena I have completely countered Life Swap with a necrotic stack.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

It used to not be affected by resil, now it is and the healing absorb itself was nerfed.

the nerfs to unholy were just stupid retarded. they in no way were broken like rogues, spriests or mages. they were not crowding top tier pvp ranks. they really were in a great spot. the blood presence nerf irritates me more than anything because it just seems so arbitrary and a big middle finger to us. when i can die in a dance, a deeped shatter or chaos bolt, blizzard decides to nerf unholy might by 5%? yea suck my nutz. with the nerf to pvp power, our pressure is gonna be even worse and that's who we are.

according to holinka, deep/shatter are a mage 'thang' so they're not gonna nerf that shit; but its ok to nerf dk pressure? pressure is our 'thang' holinka.

Deleted
    Why is it i always see nerfs to classes in PVP that dnt need it and either buffs or berfs that wont affect the class at all, look at mages and locks they can burst you down so fast yet mages havnt seen any gamebreaking nerf in the 8 years wow has been around and i played in classic on my warrior never had a mage

because "classes that need it" is often a matter of perspective, some people can crush 5 person groups solo with a class/spec that is considered weak and while people may not see it blizzard can, not saying that all nerfs are fully deserved but we do tend to get very defensive of our own specs and classes (I should know, I play feral and feel like raging whenever I see something that seems to hurt my specific play style.) and a tad annoyed when there's nothing that goes against a class that's strong against us.

I dont understand the crying. These arent even things I would call nerfs. 5% reduced strength HOLY SHIT MIGHT AS WELL NOT EVEN HAVE THE CLASS!!?!?! Seriously, and festering strike isnt even on my dks bars is so useless already, SS getting buffed hell yea. Gorefiends nerf doesnt affect arenas, and the sudden doom proc doesnt make blood useless it just makes dks less stupid and actually have to use a brain cell or 2 and change presences. DKS ARE FINE

i still take dk anyday over enhance/ret

have a feel for them, enhance have never been fotm and rets only been chuck norris for 2 weeks pre wrath

Dks were fine with FS being nerfed and SS being buffed, the only nerf concerning me is 5% str nerf.