Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    planning to release Warcraft 4 and World of Starcraft
    I hope there never comes a World Of Starcraft... since that would mean no more starcraft strategy games. See what WoW did to the warcraft franchise.

if wow dies ailiens will come kill uss all

I feel like everyone is freaking out again about the eventual end of WoW due to the sub drops - mostly in the east. IN THE EAST. I'm sorry, but those servers never really changed my gameplay anyways and I see little to no difference on my US server?

Anyways, I highly doubt that WoW will go anywhere for atleast another decade - even if they make it F2P or not - or have a shop like most F2P games have. For them to do that now - which my friend thinks they should - would be a pretty dumb decision, imo. 8+ mil subscribers is still an insane amount of people. The only reason SWTOR went F2P is because they screwed up at launch, made too many servers - everyone was like 'man, this feels deserted!'. So they had little choice - WoW still has the choice to NOT go F2P. Also, someone made an awesome point about Rift - it's a smaller pop game, still P2P - doing fine, making expansions and patches. The Warcraft universe is Blizzard's baby. For as long as Blizzard is running, there will be Warcraft in some way, shape, or form. It's like Maxis with the Sims - or whoever the hell the company is that keeps making Tomb Raiders. Maybe it'll be a WCIV - hope so - but the lore will continue, maybe not the WORLD of Warcraft, but Warcraft for sure.

Also I'm sure they aren't done with the lore from the original Warcrafts - but I mean, they wrote the lore in the first place so they've always been just 'making shit up'- and nothing wrong with expanding it and just making it more vast. I think they did a great job with the new lore in MoP - detailed, in depth - loving doing arch and discovering things about it. They are amazing storytellers - granted, sometimes a few loose ends should PROBABLY be tied up - but I have faith they will get to it eventually. Hopefullly. Lol

they would make money if they released a warcraft 3 with new graphics

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    they would make money if they released a warcraft 3 with new graphics
    I would buy the hell outta that.

Did you see the video where someone got a REALLY freaking amazing computer and ran a game as old as it on top settings? It looked fantastic. Maybe I just need a 7000 dollar comp.

Deleted
    By the time WoW's last expansion is closed up and done for, Titan is either on the way out or is already out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    By the time WoW's last expansion is closed up and done for, Titan is either on the way out or is already out.
    Not sure how this matters, it is too early to tell what Titan will actually be, for all we know, it may be a mediocore game. I hope that it will be a outstanding game and once again king of the hill like WoW (is / was) but I don't have my hopes up and especially after all the new game releases, lackluster.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    Not sure how this matters, it is too early to tell what Titan will actually be, for all we know, it may be a mediocore game. I hope that it will be a outstanding game and once again king of the hill like WoW (is / was) but I don't have my hopes up and especially after all the new game releases, lackluster.
    Haha exactly, Everyone was so hype for Diablo 3. Then when it came out, "we waited all these years for this?"
    My name is what makes me so manly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creations View Post
    Haha exactly, Everyone was so hype for Diablo 3. Then when it came out, "we waited all these years for this?"
    Yep, although the game was still decent it really did lack so much, it simply was not "up to par" with todays age where content and gameplay are of such high value (players burn through content fast). The standards for games simply is getting higher and higher (see SWTOR, game which would be a huge hit back in 2004-2005).

I might be just chattin' %!"£t but that's how I feel at least.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Right, I'd say when they run out of stories they will just start making shit up, but they've already started making shit up and they haven't even exhausted the pre-existing lore yet.
    This made me laugh. The entire warcraft lore is "made up". If the people who made warcraft lore want to make more warcraft lore they a free to. It's there story.
    Aye mate

its funny how the "Er Mah Gerd! The Skieeeeee is Falling!!!" posts every single time there is an announced sub loss...its well into ToT and the "clear and unsub/wait" people have unsubbed.../shrug...its almost like this is a cycle or something...and WoW loses and gains more subs per year then most other games put together

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping there might be some kind of bridge between the last level expansion WoW and the "Titan" future mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Magepot View Post
    Also I'm sure they aren't done with the lore from the original Warcrafts - but I mean, they wrote the lore in the first place so they've always been just 'making shit up'- and nothing wrong with expanding it and just making it more vast. I think they did a great job with the new lore in MoP - detailed, in depth - loving doing arch and discovering things about it. They are amazing storytellers - granted, sometimes a few loose ends should PROBABLY be tied up - but I have faith they will get to it eventually. Hopefullly. Lol
    Theres at least a couple xpacs left worth of lore to tie up, a couple off the top of my head:

-Where did Turalyon and Alleria go?
    -Shouldnt the Titans have noticed that Algalons "Everything is a'ok, definitely no evil old god corruption here, nope..none at all" beam was sent out thousands of years early?
    -The Lich King. Yeah yeah...rehash content I know..BUT: we really didnt SOLVE the problem did we? We simply replaced the current genocidal maniac with someone who will eventually become a genocidal maniac...not a good long term solution
    -The Emerald Dream, we never did go fix that (and dont give me any of that: go read the graphic novel bullshit. It would be like watching Batman: the Dark Knight without the Joker in it, and the whole movie is about cleaning up after, and when you ask about the Joker, they say: well we made a novel about it before the movie, didnt you read it?)
    -The Infinite Dragonflight has never been dealt with
    -The Burning legions return...i doubt KJ and Sargaeras are sitting around drinking tea

and thats just a couple I thought of in a couple minutes, im sure theres a hundred more

i highly doubt that when the day comes that blizzard has to end wow that they would abandon the warcraft universe
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

WoW 2 will be a virtual reality game, WoW 3 will be played on the holodeck.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on if you mean last storyline expansion or last actual expansion.

There'll reach a point where expansions won't have the same level of story because the "story of WoW" is over. It'll just be filler for the people still playing. Like EQ has been pretty much since EQ2 came out.

They'll have few new features, just some new zones to visit and quest in. Maybe they'll even start doing player-made group content. Either way, subs will start to slowly float downward and eventually WOW will become a F2P with at best 500k players.

WC4 and another MMO will follow. Note I'm not saying it'll be WoW2. May be Titan at the rate subs are falling.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

There'll reach a point where expansions won't have the same level of story because the "story of WoW" is over. It'll just be filler for the people still playing. Like EQ has been pretty much since EQ2 came out.

They'll have few new features, just some new zones to visit and quest in. Maybe they'll even start doing player-made group content. Either way, subs will start to slowly float downward and eventually WOW will become a F2P with at best 500k players.

WC4 and another MMO will follow. Note I'm not saying it'll be WoW2. May be Titan at the rate subs are falling.
    Unless Warcraft 4 BECOMES the next MMO.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spelle View Post
    if wow dies ailiens will come kill uss all
    As long as Aliens can't use pantry doors I am fine with aliens invading us. LOL...

In all seriousness, I love World of Warcraft and I want to see it last to its core. Meaning I want everything the World of Azeroth has to offer and Blizzard to take their time, but I know they said they wanted to speed up the World of Warcraft, and I want a expansion to be enjoyed and last for the other people.
    I have been playing since Vanilla, and I kinda missed a few expansions her, but I have catched up now with to the game and now I only have Horde characters among my account and might make another one just for Alliance. I am troubled to that I still like the Horde and Alliance, but I really want to keep my Horde and Alliance from each other and probably get someone's account that they don't want anymore and use it for my own. I don't mind as well that World of Warcraft has been around since the good old days and came right after Warcraft III, but I am going to play World of Warcraft until it dies and see if I can level more of my chars and make more into the game and level them when I can.
    My life has also changed, because of World of Warcraft for the better in regards I learned so much, learnt many good things to, learned a lot from good words and more and more things happen to let me feel and love the game. Sorry if I have been gong on about me, but I think that World of Warcraft should last as long as Blizzard can provide them, but I really want World of Warcraft to live through this years. Titan also sounds like a good game to but I love World of Warcraft more though.
    For the Horde!

Diablo 2 is still running and that's F2P.

If WoW goes into rundown mode I think at worst they might stop making expansions and the patches will peter out. But that's several expansions away at least.

As for Warcraft 4 and WoW 2, who knows?

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 05:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

If the story is over how would they make Warcraft 4 or another MMO? The story covers the whole franchise.

And if they find enough story to make WC4 why not just do that story in WoW?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll put out in an in-game cinematic in which our toons wake up, revealing the entire thing was just a dream.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.