Deleted

Remove clouds from Heroic Jin'Rokh?

Hi! In the lightning-storm phase, I dodge bolts with top-down view, but the clouds in the air gets in the way for me making it really hard to dodge them.

Oh and I play with everything on Ultra-settings, any setting that would fix it by adjusting it?

Does anyone have a console-macro you could write to make those clouds disappear in the air?

Cheers
    Last edited by mmocf94708a214; 2013-05-09 at 08:23 PM.

zoom in while in top down until you are below the clouds. Either that or get the highest angle you can without going into clouds.

Deleted
    Yeah might as well, gotta hate that RNG though with the balls.

if you arent alreaedy, you can help to reduce rng by standing closer to a wall/grate since lightning does not strike on the grate/wall (though it can get close). This way, you will have lightning coming at you from fewer directions most of the time.

The RNG at this boss is just insane -.- You can of course reduce the danger of this phase by pulling massive Raid CDs. Still there's a change to get hit by 4 of those stupid lightnings, because there is just no other way to run. Don't like this fight very much.

Deleted
    Thanks, will try that next pull! People die randomly to static burst even though we tanks do it properly, its strange :S It only happens sometimes though.
    Last edited by mmocf94708a214; 2013-05-09 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    The RNG at this boss is just insane -.- You can of course reduce the danger of this phase by pulling massive Raid CDs. Still there's a change to get hit by 4 of those stupid lightnings, because there is just no other way to run. Don't like this fight very much.
    Just curious, what is the "insane RNG"? The only random part of lightning storm is the pillar spawns and they're fairly easy to see and move away from. There are definitely ways to avoid getting hit by 4 of them at once, my most used strategy is to get hit by 1 and avoid the other 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Thanks, will try that next pull! People die randomly to static burst even though we tanks do it properly, its strange :S It only happens sometimes though.
    static burst is something the boss does throughout the fight that does raid wide damage. He often does it right after the lightning phase ends.
    static WOUND is the tank debuff that the tanks have to manage

Deleted
    Okay then the tnaks are not to blame whenever someone dies to Static Burst, am I rite? Stupid luck-based boss >_<

YES!! Downed the bastard
    Last edited by mmocf94708a214; 2013-05-09 at 09:22 PM.

I should probably mention that static burst applies static wound to the tank.

grats on kill. Sometimes the balls are a real pain, sometimes they are really easy. The more times you do it the easier it gets

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't have a way to cheese the storm phase (Diffuse Magic <3) then it can feel very RNG when you're still inexperienced at it. Eventually the members of your raid will develop an understanding of the pattern and you'll notice people without cheese mechanics never dying to lightning storm again.

One thing to note is that one of the 4 orbs from the pillar always fixates at a person and moves in a straight line towards them. If your entire raid is in one area you're gonna get a crapton of balls all focusing towards you. Some groups use this to their advantage and move as a clump, others make note of it and try to spread along a grate/wall.