Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Its more than that. Multiple Disc priests cannot coexist due to Weakened Soul debuff being global for all Priests.
    Who cares about weakened soul debuff? If you are spamming shields on the raid you are doing it wrong unless its tortos heroic before quake stomp. Which even then you can just arrange for you to take one group each. And as you can run with like 8k spirit now with the leg meta, you dont need to get rapture on cooldown as it returns no mana with that low spirit. Double disc, holy pala is right now the strongest healing composition.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Its more than that. Multiple Disc priests cannot coexist due to Weakened Soul debuff being global for all Priests.
    People seem to keep forgetting that Weakened Soul can be wiped away with a few quick heals (Strength of Soul), that said, I've never had any issues running double disc.

Deleted
    Maybe this is why Blizz introduced the DI talent-version for disc Can't really come up with another reason why it'd be worth taking.

Deleted
    We run double disc+rshaman, because we literally cannot find any good healer for our guild. Main healers are disc+rsham, and i go into offspec (shadow mainspec says hello...) when fight demands it during progress (now on farm, we're doing less boss with 3healers).
    As someone mention it before 2x Spirit Shell, 2xPain Suppersion etc is HUGE. Literally HUGE. Besides that in 10hc enviroment atonement is extremely good. We dont really need dps from disci because our dps is really high in guild, but for weaker guilds in this it will be huge boost aswell.

You have two real "big" concerns:
    Weakened Soul debuff and PoM.
    Honestly imo problems with Weakened Soul are overrated because probably on every boss where shield is important you can set who will be shielded given target (For example on Ra-den my friend shielded tank, and i ppl who will soak jumping lightning -sorry, i dont remember what it was called - and it works extremly well. Ofc not every boss is so double WS friendly but i dont really know any that will made real problems with this or WS "fights")
    PoM is freaking annoying when it jump to target with another they both will gone (or it seems in that way for me~~). But it didnt cause much real problems.

Summarizing if you dont have any other option like my guild or just want to go with double disci you should do that. They're no real contraindication with pretty good benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenaru View Post
    Maybe this is why Blizz introduced the DI talent-version for disc Can't really come up with another reason why it'd be worth taking.
    I liked it on tortos on the bat tank, but generally it really isn't a talent I can get behind. Most of the time it is useless and those times where it is worth taking it has the potential to cause balancing problems by allowing to heap even more and more frequent absorbs on a single target, thus potentially being a tool to circumvent meachnics and making disc mandantory. We can just hope we won't get such an encounter because it will most likely result in general nefs to PW:S followed by nerfs to whatever we would turn to next.

Deleted
    I'm not specifically standing behind the talent as such, Noradin, never use it myself. Merely mentioned it as a slight "ease" on weakened soul issues for those finding it unbearable.

Yes, that might be, most encounters offer alternatives anyway though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, that might be, most encounters offer alternatives anyway though.
    That is true, thus I never use it myself
    That said, I don't really run 10mans all that often either, but when I do I've never found weakened souls an issue. We just agree on who does which group/ tank (where Raptures matter). As someone mentioned before it's not like we'd be spamming PW's on the raid on cd anyway, as most of the time raidwide dmg comes more rarely than every 12 secs.

Deleted
    We are slowly starting to raid with 2 disco and i have a question, if somenone try to play two disc priest like

- one of them pure dps (crit reforge)
    - second of them pure absorbs (mastery reforge)

This combination looks good to me so would like to know if you try this already and how it works?
    Thanks for reply

For fights where 3 healers are necessary we have resto shaman who is for the combination perfect i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ycko View Post
    We are slowly starting to raid with 2 disco and i have a question, if somenone try to play two disc priest like

This combination looks good to me so would like to know if you try this already and how it works?
    Thanks for reply

For fights where 3 healers are necessary we have resto shaman who is for the combination perfect i think.
    Depends on their playstyle, but so long as they coordinate PWS for rapture it should work well imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ycko View Post

Thanks for reply

I personally doubt a disc priest, especially in a 10 man, could play something like "pure absorb" or "pure atonement" - unless the atonement one is a third healer or the boss is on farm. The difference between going pure mastery/pure crit is pretty small anyway, so best just leave them to use their whole toolbox, especially since absorbs are atm scaling from both crit and mastery really, so a crit build doesn't really mean less absorbs. The only absorb that doesn't scale with crit atm is aegis, but aegis is instead conditioned by crit, so, any way you turn the issue, you still need crit.

Deleted
    Depends on their playstyle, but so long as they coordinate PWS for rapture it should work well imo.
    The atonement priest probably doesn't even have enough spirit to make pw:s + rapture mana neutral. I only use shields for the speed boost or if I need to do a dispel (like on Jin'Rokh hc). So that's usually on myself, I hardly ever use it on a tank. It's a mana and dps loss after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeba View Post
    The atonement priest probably doesn't even have enough spirit to make pw:s + rapture mana neutral. I only use shields for the speed boost or if I need to do a dispel (like on Jin'Rokh hc). So that's usually on myself, I hardly ever use it on a tank. It's a mana and dps loss after all.
    DPS maybe. It costs 13,725 mana off the top of my head. For Rapture to be a mana gain, you only need 9,150 spirit. Which is extremely easy to obtain if you're in ToT - I have over 11k and I'm only LFR geared (505)

Deleted
    I don't even have 8k spirit and am 524 ilvl (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Judine/simple). If you do things the atonement way, there is no need for so much spirit and no need for pw:shield and rapture. So I can totally see two discs working, though I think it's a waste to play disc the normal way if you look at the dps potential.

Deleted
    and you dont need anything over 8.5k if you have the legendary meta. If you are ending a fight on full mana you are doing it wrong. If you are using meta and 11k spirit you are doing it terribly wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osheri View Post
    If you are ending a fight on full mana you are doing it wrong. If you are using meta and 11k spirit you are doing it terribly wrong.
    First bit, yes. Second bit I dont agree with. Having LMG (I envy those who do with my 1 secret / reset pace, 12/20 wooppiefuckingdoo) and 11k spirit can work just fine, depending on your healing "style" as it was. It's certainly too much if you atonement spam away, but I wouldn't go as far as to saying its "terribly wrong" to have 11k spirit with LMG if you have to rely more on expensive spells, such as Shields. Even in 25 man raids.
    Last edited by mmoc94cac24f38; 2013-05-16 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenaru View Post
    First bit, yes. Second bit I dont agree with. Having LMG (I envy those who do with my 1 secret / reset pace, 12/20 wooppiefuckingdoo) and 11k spirit can work just fine, depending on your healing "style" as it was. It's certainly too much if you atonement spam away, but I wouldn't go as far as to saying its "terribly wrong" to have 11k spirit with LMG if you have to rely more on expensive spells, such as Shields. Even in 25 man raids.
    In a 10 man environment which is what this post is about, if you have the meta you really really dont want to have that much spirit. I have finished jikun and horridon heroic with full mana with 9k spirit. If I could get it lower I would. Optimally you are supposed to know roughly how much spirit you need for each fight as they are all different, and you should be reforging on the spot with a reforge mount.

in a 10 man environment you use the caster dps meta because it's OP for atonement throughput, and mana isn't a problem to begin with. people going on about weakened soul still... either you haven't played disc since 5.2 patch or you are just unaware of how effective disc can be when played/geared optimally.

weakened soul from multiple discs was manageable even in 5.1 just by using PWS on a dps or yourself and standing in fire during mana tides. the only reason that rapture was so important was because 1) it worked with procs/tide (sometimes yielding over 120k mana from the two raptures you could get during mana tide) and 2) the optimal rotation (POH overheal spam) wasn't mana neutral. both of these factors have been changed or removed since 5.2.

right now, with 8-9k spirit atonement is mana neutral even with the haste meta, and you can make up for the occasional bubble spam absorbtion boost with your shadowfiend/HoH. plus since you're speeding up boss kills significantly through your dps, regen stats are further devalued.

Has it's strengths and weaknesses, would suggest one going holy though.

2 disc priests is fine for a 10-man, just coordinate between them and it's no problem. Just avoid both of you throwing your PoM on the same target (still a problem if one goes holy), and don't try to both shield the same person and you'll be fine.