Thread: Swimming in Hit

Swimming in Hit

Just a quick question I've been unable to find a specific answer to.

I'm finding myself with a ridiculous amount of hit on my gear, and even reforging out of it on every single piece, I'm still a good 1-2% over the cap.

That being said, is it ever beneficial to skip blue gems, even if you're giving up a +agility bonus? Would I be better off just throwing in a Delicate Primordial Ruby? Seriously confused on this. Wtb Agi/Exp gem...

Assassination btw, if that makes a difference.
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Earth View Post
    Just a quick question I've been unable to find a specific answer to.

I'm finding myself with a ridiculous amount of hit on my gear, and even reforging out of it on every single piece, I'm still a good 1-2% over the cap.

That being said, is it ever beneficial to skip blue gems, even if you're giving up a +agility bonus? Would I be better off just throwing in a Delicate Primordial Ruby? Seriously confused on this. Wtb Agi/Exp gem...

Assassination btw, if that makes a difference.
    Can you link your armory?

-Nish
    I don't know everything about baseball. Most people don't know 'everything' about baseball. People fall into two two categories. Person A will, when they see I don't know something, try to explain it to me in detail so I understand it. Person B will use their knowledge to make me out to be stupid. Person B is no friend of mine.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...earth/advanced

Sorry probably should have done that from the get-go. A few things are ungemmed/unforged because I'm just not quite sure what to do with them.
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

You really just need to swap gear out. You have that hit trinket which is not great. That's a ton of hit there and there are a ton that are better. DMC, Bottle of infinite Stars (even raid finder). You just have to get different gear.

Also you can replace that pvp ring with one without hit.
    I don't know everything about baseball. Most people don't know 'everything' about baseball. People fall into two two categories. Person A will, when they see I don't know something, try to explain it to me in detail so I understand it. Person B will use their knowledge to make me out to be stupid. Person B is no friend of mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    First, nearly every piece you're wearing has hit on it. Swap those pieces out. Second, you say you're trying to dump hit yet according to your armory profile you're gemming into it?

Everyone is swimming in hit, tbh, swapping out gear is the obvious solution but not something you do in 1,2,3 seconds. Our warriors complain, our death knight is not getting rid of enough hit too, and my warlock is at 15% sharp and I'm a gnome, so that's 1% over the cap - there's just so much hit on stuff. It doesn't help that stuff like Wushoolay's trinket has shitloads of hit and is still a very, very decent trinket to have - I guess every class has something like that going.

Anyway, try to swap pieces, that's really all you can do, but it's a persisting problem.

DMC, Bottle of infinite Stars (even raid finder). You just have to get different gear.
    Yeah, I've had terrible luck in regard to my trinkets. Just trying to make the most of what I have, at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugru View Post
    Second, you say you're trying to dump hit yet according to your armory profile you're gemming into it?
    Which relates to my question. I'm only gemming the blue agil+hit gems if I have a +agil socket bonus, but I'm wondering if I should ignore the bonus altogether and gem straight agility.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 08:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Anyway, try to swap pieces, that's really all you can do, but it's a persisting problem.
    Okay, thank you. I figured as much, just trying to see if there was any way for me to alleviate the issue until I can replace some pieces.

Yeah, I've had terrible luck in regard to my trinkets. Just trying to make the most of what I have, at the moment.

Which relates to my question. I'm only gemming the blue agil+hit gems if I have a +agil socket bonus, but I'm wondering if I should ignore the bonus altogether and gem straight agility.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 08:19 PM ----------

Okay, thank you. I figured as much, just trying to see if there was any way for me to alleviate the issue until I can replace some pieces.

do the math, if you gem agi+hit in the socket will the bonus be more agi than if you went pure agi? if so do it, if not dont.

other tahn that it's just gear. upgrade a lot of stuff and it'll even out.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    That depends on what the socket bonus is. I don't play rogue, but surely there are gems that are better than AGI + HIT for you.

Use this as a starting point:
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/u...ne/silentearth

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather than AMR, consult Shadowcraft. Please note that for us, white hit is a non-0 value - hit past the specials' hit cap is not a wasted stat the way it is for casters, arms warriors, hunters, etc.

If agi is *close*, gemming agi/hit should pull ahead. For individual pieces, see Shadowcraft. Ideally, get different pieces that allow you to have more mastery/haste in place of white hit, but that's just not always an option.

I almost always gem for the bonus, esp if it's +agi. If it's a blue socket, you can always use an agi/stam gem if you're way over hit - more health isn't a bad thing.
    I don't understand why you're gemming w/ exp gems if you aren't combat?? Red sockets should always have agi gems. Also generally, reforging to mastery>>> exp at your ilvl for mut spec.

As others have said, go to Shadowcraft to see which pieces/reforges would work best for your dps. GL!

Quote Originally Posted by undeadrogue View Post
    I almost always gem for the bonus, esp if it's +agi. If it's a blue socket, you can always use an agi/stam gem if you're way over hit - more health isn't a bad thing.
    White hit >>>>>> stam.

Ya, white hit is still worth quite a bit. Not as much as the secondary stats but shadowcraft still has him gemming blue agi/hit gems at his hit level. I don't know what other gems are out there to fill the spot, otherwise.

With you gear gemmed and reforged according to Shadowcraft, agi is valued at 2.662 EP and hit valued at 0.538 EP.

Now take the gloves for example. Blue socket with 60 agi bonus.

A 160 agi gem gives you 160 x 2.662 = 425.92 EP
    An agi/hit gem gives 140 Agi and 160 Hit which ends up being (140 x 2.662 ) + (160 x 0.538 ) = 458.76 EP

Like others have said hit still holds value past the yellow cap.
    Last edited by Peggybundy; 2013-05-11 at 04:22 AM.