Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Deport the lot of them, let them protest in Pakistan or Iraq.
    Agreed. You know the best bit? A lot of people are worried about being called racist. I don't care any more. I like to think of myself as a tolerant person, but if you're going to come to my country, spread hate and fear through a message of god, and try to convert people then you don't belong here.

And for the people saying about the homegrown extremists - cut off the head. Get rid of the immigrants.

I don't care what people say about islam being a peaceful religion, it's bullshit. It's a violent cult of weak minded men who just want to hurt people. Sweeping statement? Yes, but the fact is, again I don't care - I don't trust any of them.

Religion has turned into an excuse for any uneducated mongoloid to vomit all the preachy crap they want under free speech.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Let's just gather a mob of people and go to the UK and run by those women and pull their hoods off.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    It was almost 500 years of slavery in my country before the first Englishman bothered to help us. And that's just one country. Your nations are big and powerful, I'm sure you can deal with this problem much better. Anyone from Greece, Serbia, Armenia, or Copts and Assyrians from the Middle East can tell you what life under Islam was/is like, but the thing is, you almost always support the Muslims they're fighting against.

The US and UK has protected Turkey after the Turkish government slaughtered and ethnically cleansed tens of thousands of Greek Cypriots in Cyprus in the 1970s. They have't allowed any religious freedom for the subjected population on their half of the island. And this is a NATO member that's supposedly secular. Are you surprised their more zealous co-religionists are even more extreme?
    Yes, blame others for your countries past.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "Everyone has a right to protest, but I found their chanting provocative and extreme."

Yes, because "police, go to hell!" has never been said by British protesters ever.
    What a hypocritical bullshit -_-' normal UK-protest are ten times as bad as that.

Anyway, to get back on topic. (I hope this thread has a topic)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-shoppers.html

Husband did a bombing, wife knew of nothing but got arrested and accused of helping him.
    People were upset because there was no proof at all, so they protested.

Yeah, how dare those people use the same rights as everyone else in the UK?
    RIGHT?
    They should be sent away! :')
    If they are calling for the deaths of British police just for doing their jobs then damn right they should go, freedom of speech should end the moment you make a threat against someones life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeakanice View Post
    Hey everyone. I ran across this video on youtube. Admittedly, I think it's a couple of years old. However, I was wondering if this video was bias. If it's not, I'd like to know how the muslim interaction is over there in the UK. My experiences with Muslims in the U.S tend to see them as very different from the video. They seem I guess more westernized, in the sense that they aren't Sharia Law. This video just sort of surprised me since like I mentioned Muslims that I've known in the U.S are very different from this video.
    Is this the norm for muslims in the UK? Or are these just jerkoff making the rest look bad?
    It's the norm for muslims in Europe in general. I'd even argue that it becomes the norm once they make up a certain percentages of the populace and believe themselves to be reasonable well etablished. Just take a look at the the Netherlands where they do the exact same things just way for. They for example murder islam critics such as Theo Van Gogh and then set out to burn some churches.
    We had similar occurences here, girls who try to get out of the counter society or not adherr to their religion and try to break out are often killed in so called honor killings and so on and on and on. The problem is, they have a very different view on ethics, morals, religion and how things should go and instead of adapting to the country they moved to they are of the opinion the country should adapt to the.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Yes, blame others for your countries past.
    He blames the countries that supported the Ottoman. Have you ever heard of Benjamin Disraeli?

Deleted
    "Go to hell!" != calling for the death of

If that line is illegal, than most Rage Against the Machine-albums should be banned in the UK :P

And yeah, I always thought that being family to a criminal isn't enough reason to arrest someone.
    You do not know much about this group apart from what you saw on that video, right? They really do want the heads of our politicians and police, they want Sharia law throughout the UK and the UK to become an Islamic state, anyone that disagrees with them is an enemy and must be killed. This is not a protest by a peaceful muslim group, these are extremists that have killed in the past.

This is why people become racist's.
    They come into our countries running from war, we feed them, teach them our languages, give them places to live, educate them, and give them jobs.
    It's painful to watch how.....
    I gotta stop now, i'm off to search the web for unicorns and bright thoughts.

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Not all Muslims are batshit crazy by Western standards and it is wrong to paint them all as such even if the majority of them are indeed batshit crazy.

That being said I don't think many of them are batshit crazy, they just have different customs and after years of other nations trying to force them to reject those customs they have every right to be militant against us.

That being said when one of the batshit crazies attacks the media overhypes it and causes a major backlash of ignorant morons blaming an entire group of people for the actions of a few fanatics.

It makes about as much sense as grouping someone who doesn't believe in interracial marriage with someone who actively views other races as inferior and burns crosses on the front lawns of those other races.
    First of all, your attempted relativism and making up excuses for them does not help in the slightest, it's an overused attempt at killing of any kind of discussion before it can happen that people really aren't falling for anymore.

First of all, they have no right to anything whatsoever. The conflict between Europe and the Middle East for example is hundreds of years old and wasn't really started by the west. You might brush up some on your history lessons, but by the time the Europeans actually started to act they had overrun the mayority of the east Roman empire, they had taken and cleansed the entirety of North Africa and marched through Spain on their way to France.

For the entirety of the Middle Ages and up to the founding of the European Empires that would eventually overrun them they were starting incursions into Europe, they were raiding settlements and had a pretty big slave trade setup up to the 1800's. Even American sailors fell victim to them and were enslaved alongside uncounted hundred of thousands of other people.

And the problem is, it is not a tiny minority that is acting here but in fact a fairly high number of people and far worse they are supported by the not so silent mayority. When 9/11 happened the people around here were driving around all day and night in motorcades cheering and honking the entire time. There was no outrage, no one distancing themselves from it but only people bragging and being happy.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Muslim extremists are just the same as Christian extremists, or loud mouthed forum posters. The minority of idiots give the majority, decent folk, a bad name.
    This would hold true if it were a minority, it isn't.

When I was in Afghanistan the local Muslims were the kindest, most considerate people I've ever met. Had nothing and were willing to share their last loaf of bread. Good luck finding people like that in the west.
    If you were to wield a gun around as part of the of occupation forces and could end their life at any given time (from their pov) you can be sure as hell that a great many people would suddenly remember to be nice, very nice to you. Also you should look up taqiyya.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Muslim extremists are just the same as Christian extremists, or loud mouthed forum posters. The minority of idiots give the majority, decent folk, a bad name.

When I was in Afghanistan the local Muslims were the kindest, most considerate people I've ever met. Had nothing and were willing to share their last loaf of bread. Good luck finding people like that in the west.

It's extremists on all sides that are wrong with the world.
    Some were very nice, but then you see what goes on when your back is turned, it is horrific.

Would just like to point out that the people in the video represent a very small minority of people and the presenter/producer of the film have actively sought out these type of people to trigger such an emotional reaction out of people. I wholeheartedly disagree with the people saying this type of attitude is present among the average Muslim in the UK.

However with regards to such Islam extremist I think if they fundamentally disagree with the way the country is run they should maybe opt to go to a country that more suits their needs. Also it's a bit anti-libertarian but I think if they're regurgitating those messages in public they should be sanctioned by the authorities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gona be really controversial and ask why people reserve a special distaste for racists but deeply religious people who follow their scripture to the letter, including what they like and don't like, is fine. Being a racist isn't a crime, acting upon it is.

If I said I don't like black people, I'd be shunned. If I was "religion x" and said I don't like "religion y who we had a war with ages ago" it's not as much of an issue. That seems wrong seeing as they're the same thing and a good amount of people would call the latter a racist but until they thought to call it that they'd feel obliged to tolerate it whereas no such tolerance is shown towards racists.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Is this the norm for muslims in the UK? Or are these just jerkoff making the rest look bad?
    This is the norm for muslims all over europe. This is one of the reasons i would love to move to USA, since they dont take shit like this lying down.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Deleted
    This is one case where I think it would be fair to say - take your family and fuck off to where you're from.

Also (as always) people are confusing race with religion: you can't be racist towards a religion.
    Last edited by mmoc6d00db7716; 2013-05-10 at 11:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    This is the norm for muslims all over europe. This is one of the reasons i would love to move to USA, since they dont take shit like this lying down.
    No, this is not normal muslim behaviour. I'm going to assume you don't know many muslims either through choice or just there aren't many in your area. This is a tiny minority. Most muslims are embarrassed by these peoples behaviours. The majority of muslims are just like you and me except they hate pigs and worship in the direction of the Kaaba in Masjid al-Haram (that black cube thing in Mecca). Please don't be so ignorant in a public location, it's embarrassing. The only "crime" islam has commited by the majority of them is tearing down about ~95% of Saudi's 1000 year old plus buildings because the national branch of islam is against them becoming idols and therefore worshipping a false god. Which I find a little bit ironic considering the Kaaba but I'm no expert on islam...
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    No, this is not normal muslim behaviour. I'm going to assume you don't know many muslims either through choice or just there aren't many in your area. This is a tiny minority. Most muslims are embarrassed by these peoples behaviours. The majority of muslims are just like you and me except they hate pigs and worship in the direction of the Kaaba in Masjid al-Haram (that black cube thing in Mecca). Please don't be so ignorant in a public location, it's embarrassing. The only "crime" islam has commited by the majority of them is tearing down about ~95% of Saudi's 1000 year old plus buildings because the national branch of islam is against them becoming idols and therefore worshipping a false god. Which I find a little bit ironic considering the Kaaba but I'm no expert on islam...
    I agree, muslims are not the problem, extremists are, I hate the EDL just as much.

Deleted
    As a Dutch person myself I can honestly say you are talking bullshit.
    Hello Mr.Leftist or should I call you Apologist instead? You are on purpose only naming those occurence against Muslims and not those commited by them, which are extremly widespread. One of the biggest problem is that they are usually filled under normal "violence" or "crimes" instead of being labeled as what they are. Also you are ignoring how the murder of Theo Van Gogh sparked the reaction.

Why is it when they do something that spark a similar violent reaction it is proof for racism and discrimination against them and their initial behavior is excusable when on the other hand ANYTHING "done to them" even so much as drawing a caricature is a grave sacrilege and needs to be condemned.
    And that happened while statistics show us that Muslims in my country condemn the use of violence.
    I'd like to see that statistic if just to read up on what exactly was asked and who twisted it to serve their purpose.
    The situation in the Netherlands is getting out of hand.
    Not because Muslims are violent, but because "moderate" citizens who oppose the Islam are actually calling for civil war.
    Again, you're messing up action and reaction. This is an occurence that isn't just happening in the Netherlands but also Britain, France, Germany, Denmark and a lot of other places. For decades we had situation in which so much as criticizing these people would spell social death for the person doing so. A situation in which crimes went through the roof, in which fundamentalistic islamic groups (who are the ones to call the shots in the islamic community) have sprung up all over the place, a situation in which they attack European culture, democracy and values on a daily basis and violent attacks on people have become the norm.

So please don't try to sell me the reaction that is slowly but surely manifesting all over Europe and the anger that has build up in people as the root of the problem when it is just the result.

Some girl from my old school, a girl I only briefly met for example did not want to adherr to her families values and beliefs. She instead choose to adapt a western life style. The tension grew so bad that she eventually moved out from her parents house and in with her family. As a reward for that she was knifed down by her own brother. One would expect her family to be appaled and horrified, right? Instead they threw insults and threats at the judge eventually bullying her into dropping the case and forcing another judge to take over when they started to stalk her and once tried to assault her for daring to even put the brother before court.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    You really should read the Quran and brush up on your history. The Islam has commited a great many atrocities over the course of history and destroying some buildings is one of the smaller ones. And I am actually convinced you either don't know many muslims yourself or are not really objective at all.

I've grown up in a city where about 40-50% of the youth by now is made up of muslims and had constant contact with them during the entire time. I have been threatened by some guy I once considered a friend with a knife because I dared to kiss his sister (she wanted it, not so much that he found out though). I've seen them celebrating in the streets and cheering when 9/11 happened. I actually talk to them and they are pretty open about their future goals and believes. Hell quite a few of them tried to convert me to their cause.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2013-05-10 at 11:42 AM.

That's absolute rubbish and you know it, this behaviour isn't the norm at all.

It's pretty ignorant of you to say it's the norm across all of Europe when at best you've probably only visited a few countries in Europe.

I've encountered many Muslims here in the UK and never encountered one who preaches these type of messages, I only find that online or on television shows like this.

I would say the norm of 40%
    That's still is an insanly huge number.
    What do we get in return for helping them "With Arms Wide Open, We welcome them, We help them" And in return... They want us to burn in hell. Just because we do not share a belief.
    What purpose does it serve us to introduce sharia laws? Well Absolutely nothing at all!
    Not long ago a man said that Norwegian ladies who dresses in skirts "They ask for it, that's why they need to be raped"

Say what now? really?
    Uhm yeah Really, he also stated that their (Priest) i cant remember what they are called in a mosque, said that raping a girl who will not submit to islam law deserves to be raped and humiliated until she converts. But if the said girl converts she shall be punished by sharia laws and sentenced to death???!

Freedom of speech is great, but there sure as hell must be a line u should not be available to cross...
    And this is by far crossing the line by thousands of yards.

I will not allow annyone to say that what i said is racist because it isn't it's quoting really..
    I respect Religious beliefs. But i do not respect harassment of those who will not submit to a religion... Sadly European governments do...

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Deleted
    Im not bring funny, but this seems to be an english thing, not a UK problem, i live in scotland, go to uni with muslims, lived in a muslim area, and i have never seen anything extreme, when im walking home at night im looking over my shoulder for junkie white chavs, not muslims
    but the english are inherently racist and have some sort of entitlement complex so it doesnt surprise me they have trouble with minorities

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    You really should read the Quran and brush up on your history. The Islam has commited a great many atrocities over the course of history and destroying some buildings is one of the smaller ones. And I am actually convinced you either don't know many muslims yourself or are not really objective at all.

I've grown up in a city where about 40-50% of the youth by now is made up of muslims and had constant contact with them during the entire time. I have been threatened by some guy I once considered a friend with a knife because I dared to kiss his sister (she wanted it, not so much that he found out though). I've seen them celebrating in the streets and cheering when 9/11 happened. I actually talk to them and they are pretty open about their future goals and believes. Hell quite a few of them tried to convert me to their cause.
    One guy threatens to stab you and one towns worth of muslims (if that) cheer at a terrorist act and suddenly all muslims are spiteful people who want nothing more than death to the west?

Yeah. I advise you read the Quran actually. The first half makes the bible look like a violent book. The ayatollahs announcing that later texts take precedence over earlier ones is what caused the idea of violence in those who've not looked past the surface. I've been threatened at knifepoint too, I didn't suddenly decide that everyone in a hoodie with a bald head was a knife wielding maniac. Neither when I saw people celebrating Margaret Thatchers death decide that a good chunk of the UK revelled in death.

And complaining about "converting to the cause" - lets look at christianity, where one of the main goals is to convert others to believe. It's not confined to just islam.