new to feral and i got a question about energy

ok some im new to feral, came from a monk and a rogue and im having trouble getting used to the energy regen. I do like a rake and 2 shreds and energy is gone. I noticed it regens so much slower, is it something that changes with gear or is that just feral energy. im 83 btw

it's pretty much that, feral is dependent largely on energy use altering cooldowns (like berserk.) admittedly energy regen gets a BIT better as you gear up but not exactly an extremely big difference.

In raid gear currently I get 11.49 energy per second. The reason you wait on energy is also the reason none of our damaging spells have a cooldown. Almost all classes depend on using a few abilities on CD or when a proc happens. Feral is based around energy usage, which is personally much more interesting.

Deleted
    It won't get a whole lot better. It's the playstyle of feral. Some will like it, some won't. What you need to understand in order to play feral effectively is that:
    When you have Savage Roar, Rip and Rake on the target, you are doing maximum damage.
    Obviously there are always ways to increase your damage, but that is the general mindset you need to have.
    Energy and therefore combo-points are a finite resource. You need to get the best possible uptime/finishers out of that. Feral is a spec where you have to plan far in advance.

With feral you really need to Pool energy i.e let your bleeds tick and not use your abilities. You should always keep 40engery, there about, at your disposal. Feral isn't a spamming spec by any means. Generally you plan your rotation 30+ seconds ahead of time. If you aren't waiting about 1/3 of the time as a kitty cat you are doing it wrong.

Soul of the Forest can *help* if you are feeling energy starved but this will alter the basic rotation a tad and focus on weaving more FB.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post

Soul of the Forest can *help* if you are feeling energy starved but this will alter the basic rotation a tad and focus on weaving more FB.
    What? SotF is the standard feral dps talent to take and gives by far the most dps. Incarnation is in the order of 30k dps less in BiS gear.

Set bonuses will also help, T14 one gave you longer rips, t15 one gives you more double cp procs after TF and a high chance to get a extra cp after a finisher.

oh ok thx guys

Quote Originally Posted by inferior2 View Post
    What? SotF is the standard feral dps talent to take and gives by far the most dps. Incarnation is in the order of 30k dps less in BiS gear.
    Yes, I am well aware of that. The poster did not state if they focused on PVE or PVP. Feral. Incarnation is still the go-to talent for PVP.

sorry should have been more clear, was talking more about pvp

Feral has 3 main damage sources. Bleeds, auto attack (with savage roar), and then mange/shred. Once your bleeds are up, stay in auto attack range and use mangle when you can. I say mangle and not shred because it costs less energy. Keep savage roar up to keep your damage at a competitive level too. The feral "rotation" can be quite complex, but an excellent tool for learning the pve rotation is Ovale combined with Nerien's ovale script. I'm sure having a basic understanding of the pve rotation will help in pvp too; it'll teach you timing and energy use.

Also, hit, expertise and crit will all help with combo point use. Hit and expertise actually ensure that you get the combo point from the energy you spent. Crit will give you double the combo points on a critical hit for the same amount of energy. Crit is an excellent stat for smoothing out your rotation, and when combined with SoTF, excellent for getting increased amounts of energy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dont forget Tigers Fury, i am not sure at what level you get it but it gives you 60 energy every 30 secs thats quite nice
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE