Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Am I reading this right? they are buffing heals in PvP

Am I reading this correctly, Just read patch notes and I am not sure if I understood it..100 increase to battle fatigue

You read wrong
    Battle Fatigue now reduces the amount of healing and absorbs by 45%, up from 30%.
    Healing specializations receive a 100% bonus to healing from PvP Power.

So they are getting a buff then?

Deleted
    they're buffing the amount of healing you get from pvpppower.
    but at the same time nerfing the healing done by 15% due too battle fatigue going from 30% too 45%.

im not 100% sure if that means healing will go up/down or the same. but it probally wont change a lot.

seems more like a re-adjustment, healers heal more but people are healed less
    still buff though

Deleted
    Depends on the amount of pvp power you're sitting on.
    You'll be trying to find a balance between resilience and power to survive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's say you Flash of Light for 100k, have 50% power (healers receive 50% effectiveness from PvP power in 5.2), and suffer 30% Battle Fatigue in 5.2:

100k * 1.25 (50% Power * half benefit from Power) * 0.7 (Fatigue) = 87,500 Flash of Light in 5.2

In 5.3, you Flash of Light for 100k, have 50% power (healers will receive 100% effectiveness from power in 5.3), and suffer 45% Battle Fatigue:

100k * 1.5 (50% Power * full benefit from Power) * 0.55 (Fatigue) = 82,500 Flash of Light in 5.3

So for the same amount of Power, healers will receive a slight nerf out of this. However, the real change is that it makes Healers care about power twice as much, where currently they care about Intellect and Spirit and Resilience more than Power: since in 5.2 they only get half the benefit of Power.

Healers will be more likely to use Power (or take Power socket bonuses) than gem for Resilience or Spirit, or Int if they want stronger heals/damage. So the real nerf isn't the kind of small healing nerf, it's the effective nerf to Healer mana and damage since they are more likely to want some Power on their gear now.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Interesting post Yvaelle. This does concern me.

What I mean is with PvP power nerfing damage from around 50% power on live down to about 30% on ptr and a lot of classes getting burst nerfs.

Seems to me that healing through put is still going to remain very high yet dps are taking a big kick in the teeth.

Are we returning to the dark days of immortal healers? Sounds like dps are going to have a nightmare killing them if these changes go ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Yvaelle, you forgot about the nerf to PvP Power scaling and gems. Getting such a high value of PvP Power won't be possible in 5.3.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Interesting post Yvaelle. This does concern me.

What I mean is with PvP power nerfing damage from around 50% power on live down to about 30% on ptr and a lot of classes getting burst nerfs.

Seems to me that healing through put is still going to remain very high yet dps are taking a big kick in the teeth.

Are we returning to the dark days of immortal healers? Sounds like dps are going to have a nightmare killing them if these changes go ahead.
    The PvP Power nerf is global... it effects heals also. So, in 5.3, a healer will only have ~30% PvP Power also, plus battle fatigue. Healers won't be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophill View Post
    You read wrong
    Battle Fatigue now reduces the amount of healing and absorbs by 45%, up from 30%.
    Healing specializations receive a 100% bonus to healing from PvP Power.
    You also get less PVP power from gems and overall

Edit: Someone beat me to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    @Yvaelle, you forgot about the nerf to PvP Power scaling and gems. Getting such a high value of PvP Power won't be possible in 5.3.
    Ya I picked 50% for easy head math, but for example, for 40% Power you'd get:

100k * 1.2 (50% benefit from 40% Power) * 0.7 = 84k

In 5.3, you would get:

100k * 1.4 (100% benefit from 40% power) * 0.55 = 77k

So that actually makes the healing nerf more pronounced than it would be at 50% Power. One thing I dislike about this strategy of change is that it could lead to healers becoming less valuable to arena teams = more triple DPS nonsense. Then again since we're seeing the return of double healer / dk comps right now - that's probably why they are doing it.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Ya I picked 50% for easy head math, but for example, for 40% Power you'd get:

100k * 1.2 (50% benefit from 40% Power) * 0.7 = 84k

In 5.3, you would get:

100k * 1.4 (100% benefit from 40% power) * 0.55 = 77k

So that actually makes the healing nerf more pronounced than it would be at 50% Power. One thing I dislike about this strategy of change is that it could lead to healers becoming less valuable to arena teams = more triple DPS nonsense. Then again since we're seeing the return of double healer / dk comps right now - that's probably why they are doing it.
    I watched Dakkroth play double healer DK, he said it wasn't really viabe becuase any team with an off healing class is impossile to beat. I mean a DK alone can't out DPS a healer + SP/Ele/Feral/Boomkin/Ret/Enh etc and they have no burst like Warriors had last season which is how Dakk ended up R1 with double healer Warrior. A warrior can kill someone in 5 sec with Swifty, or at least they could, DK's need way more time and there's just not enough CC for that.

long story short its a nerf based on the readjustment to stack pvp power but pvp power itself was also nerfed.

if they didnt nerf pve gear in arena's and rbgs then it would be like 3.3 all over again lol

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    they're buffing the amount of healing you get from pvpppower.
    but at the same time nerfing the healing done by 15% due too battle fatigue going from 30% too 45%.

im not 100% sure if that means healing will go up/down or the same. but it probally wont change a lot.
    The change is there to stop PVE gear from entering PVP with resilence gems
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    I watched Dakkroth play double healer DK, he said it wasn't really viabe becuase any team with an off healing class is impossile to beat. I mean a DK alone can't out DPS a healer + SP/Ele/Feral/Boomkin/Ret/Enh etc and they have no burst like Warriors had last season which is how Dakk ended up R1 with double healer Warrior. A warrior can kill someone in 5 sec with Swifty, or at least they could, DK's need way more time and there's just not enough CC for that.
    And when a streamer says something, its a fact, definitely. Uh dk wears out other healers mana, he spreads the pressure, kills stuff with help of druid healer with heart of wild, possibly monk or priest, it's not like he's bursting anything.

Anyway to the topic, healing got nerfed, just like damage got nerfed, even though healing got nerfed a bit more, but as healers will now have more time to react, and will be able to sit some more in cc, it might end up being buff for them. Especially to healers like rdruid, which have trouble with quick switches. As well as nerf to dps classes, and boost to pressure classes.

Deleted
    PVP power is getting a 50% nerf in 5.3 most people are gonna gem primary stats since it will benefit you more

10+ Year Old Account
    well if i am not wrong, pvp power from tyranical gear was about 50%, heals benefit for 50% of the pvp power, so it was a 25% , pvp power reduced by 50% taking the healing to 12.5% , will benefit from 100% of pvp power wich is increased to 25% again, resillience got changed to pvp power that increase pvp power to 32% sience the healing benefit from pvp is 100% then 32% pvp = 32% healing increase, battle fatigue reduce the healing by 45% = 13% reduce

Healing
    live: 25-30=5 +25% healing from pvp power - 30% from battle fatigue= -5% of healing
    PTR: 32-45=13 +32% healing from pvp power - 45% from battle fatigue = -13% of healing

Damage
    this will be calculated based on pvp geared player

Live: 55-65= -10 55% damage increase by pvp power reduced by 65% resil= 10% damage taken reduced
    PTR: 32-65= -33 32% damage increase by pvp power reduced by 65% resil= 33% damage taken reduced

healing over all
    damage reduce will be considered as healing
    Live: -5+10=5 -5 of healing + 10 from damage reduce = 5% healing
    PTR: -13+33=20 -13 of healing + 10 from damage reduce = 20% healing

if i am not a tard, healing got buffed by 15% over all

note that warriors, rogues and other classes reduce the healing down to -10% and target stunned by nerve strikes rogue to -20% for 6 seconds

this buff is to counter the amount of burst on 3s+, remember, the pvp is not balanced on 2s or less
    Last edited by Retador; 2013-05-11 at 07:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovansjo View Post
    That answer was just... Did you even try to answer his question?

If you'd ask me what I prefer, vanilla or chocolate, can I answer "Yes!"?

Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    And when a streamer says something, its a fact, definitely. Uh dk wears out other healers mana, he spreads the pressure, kills stuff with help of druid healer with heart of wild, possibly monk or priest, it's not like he's bursting anything.

Anyway to the topic, healing got nerfed, just like damage got nerfed, even though healing got nerfed a bit more, but as healers will now have more time to react, and will be able to sit some more in cc, it might end up being buff for them. Especially to healers like rdruid, which have trouble with quick switches. As well as nerf to dps classes, and boost to pressure classes.
    A dk can't peel for his healers and will never outpressure 2 DPS.

Double healer DK is not as good as it was with a Warrior back in 5.0 because you don't have gag order to peel with or shockwave, charge stuns. It's not a good comp and if you use your brain a bit you would understand that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    The PvP Power nerf is global... it effects heals also. So, in 5.3, a healer will only have ~30% PvP Power also, plus battle fatigue. Healers won't be immortal.
    yes but on live they only gain 50% of power and on PTR they will gain more.