Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the most important fact in this argument is being left out.

This is world PvP, which barely even exists as it is right now. If it does get as bad as doomsayers are going on about here then it will just be as popular as it was in Wrath. On a PvP server and don't like the world PvP? Reroll or stick to something you'll enjoy, like rated BGs and arena. If you wanted fair world PvP then you are asking for something that never even pretended to exist in the first place due to faction balance issues.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-05-11 at 10:32 AM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

I don't know why everyone is complaining about this. If this were 2011 I don't care what kind of gear you had on I'd still wreck you on my warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    If you are a good player you'll kill a full HC fotm class.

If you are not you wont kill it and blame it on the gear, fotm, etc ... But you'll still be able.
    this. if your a pvp player you stil have the pvppower advantage + you SHOULD be more skilled with your char in pvp combat than your "pve hero enemy" and be in a pvp build.

I don't see the issue other than ppl qqing that they cant blow up pve geared players in the open doing dailys ect.

anyone can beat a scripted boss even in hc mode with the right mix of rotation/gear and luck but pvp isn't scripted. so they lose a lot.

Blizzard are bending over backwards to Care Bear PvE players who claim to have no interest in PvP. These same players will happily lame out PvP content (TB the best example) in order to get access to PvE rewards. The same players play PvE content on PvP realms and complain about getting ganked.

Now, with their raid gear they are going to be more than competitive in WPvP environment with those who have taken the time to grind Honour and Conquest gear. This is supposedly because its tough going into a PvP environment without PvP gear.

Fact is. Its possible to farm a complete set of Honor PvP gear in LESS THAN TWO DAYS. There is absolutely no need to be giving PvE players a "leg-up" in PvP.

Heres looking forward to PvE gear dominating arenas again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by redderz1 View Post
    Heres looking forward to PvE gear dominating arenas again.
    How did we get here again? Seriously? I thought we had this sorted out, There is 496 ilvl cap in arena and bgs.

This discussion is about usefulness of pvp gear in world pvp, where is no such ceiling.

I was going to correct everyone who thinks they have a clue about 5.3 World PvP but Deleth pretty much nailed it. This all happened on 5.3 PTR: Before PvP power nerf my damage was a LITTLE better with PvP gear than normal 5.2 raid gear. Now with the PvP power nerf the PvE gear has superior damage, survival and secondary stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlPzchgKvBM

5.3 will fix it gear scaling will fix it pvp power nerf will fix it-keep drinking the cool aid kids.

421,000+ damage in less then 1 sec with a mix of pvp and pve gear.but but 5.3 was supposed to fix it right?
    Last edited by meathead; 2013-05-11 at 02:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I was going to correct everyone who thinks they have a clue about 5.3 World PvP but Deleth pretty much nailed it. This all happened on 5.3 PTR: Before PvP power nerf my damage was a LITTLE better with PvP gear than normal 5.2 raid gear. Now with the PvP power nerf the PvE gear has superior damage, survival and secondary stats.
    But Mr."I'm rank 20 US PvE!" despite not even having killed Lei-Shen or Ra-Den says otherwise!

Infracted.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-05-11 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    You'll still be hit by ridiculous amounts in wPvP though. Even if you have 600k hp from PvE gear and 400k from PvP gear, the person with PvP gear will still be doing at least perhaps 40% more damage than you will do (comparing gain of primary stats from pve gear versus pvp power here).
    Lol no. PVP Power is getting a coefficient nerf in 5.3. To top that off, PVP Power and resilience on gems is being halved. The person with PVP gear will not be doing "40% more damage" against a heroic-geared player, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlPzchgKvBM

5.3 will fix it gear scaling will fix it pvp power nerf will fix it-keep drinking the cool aid kids.

421,000+ damage in less then 1 sec with a mix of pvp and pve gear.but but 5.3 was supposed to fix it right?
    Trinkets allowing for this is old stuff too. Sad that Blizzard haven't managed to balance things like this since PvP balance became an issue for the dev team. I think it was Talisman of Ephemeral Power that first saw this issue of trinket procs allowing this to happen. Same old shit
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!