Thread: We Did It

  1. #1

    We Did It

    Reverted the scatter/trap DR

    https://twitter.com/holinka

    Everyone who doubted me is askin for forgiveness
    If you aint been a part of it at least you got to witness
    BITCHES

  2. #2
    ''30% special ability CD reduction gone from BM''

    Uh... I do hope this is pet CC abilities only.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise, (Eternity), Incinerator, Bolt, Quip, Frostfang, The Moot, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Predator and Aether.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    ''30% special ability CD reduction gone from BM''

    Uh... I do hope this is pet CC abilities only.
    1st reply and the negative nancies are already out in force

  4. #4
    That's amazing news for all PVP hunters.
    Nerfing pet CDs means 1 minute sac, 3 minute pet trinket even for BM now, makes swapping pets midfight much more appealing atm(albeit 3 second cast), pretty much need that pet sac for to combat other 1 min cds for swaps(ie. dance, bw from other hunters, frozen orb etc).

  5. #5
    Epic! Arcanimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Posts
    1,592
    @Bovan: Specials are family abilities only.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

  6. #6
    Special abilities include Spirit Mend, debuffs and pet AoEs too. I hope they specifically apply it to CCs only.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    Special abilities include Spirit Mend, debuffs and pet AoEs too. I hope they specifically apply it to CCs only.
    Simple fix would be to remove the 30% reduction like they plan, then have them reduce those specific abilities by 30%. Just tweet the shit out of holinka with that idea and I'm sure it will happen.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Simple fix would be to remove the 30% reduction like they plan, then have them reduce those specific abilities by 30%. Just tweet the shit out of holinka with that idea and I'm sure it will happen.
    https://twitter.com/holinka/status/331465823195648000

    I'm late to the party, but that is what they did.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    Damn we're good. MMO champ stays saving this game from turning into total shit

  11. #11
    It's a welcome change honestly, a little nerf to hunter pet instant cc won't be as gamebreaking as a scatter dr trap nerf will be.

    From the PvE side of things, this implies a 2 minute rabid CD instead of 1.4 minutes for BM, for every other BW.

    If they are further nerfing the CD on pet CC abilities, that may mean that pet CC is probably 1 minute across the board on all hunter specs, and since BM doesn't get special pet CD 30% reduction treatment anymore, it will be the same for all specs. Shale is currently almost same cd as trap, and crane is a tad more.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowqt View Post
    It's a welcome change honestly, a little nerf to hunter pet instant cc won't be as gamebreaking as a scatter dr trap nerf will be.

    From the PvE side of things, this implies a 2 minute rabid CD instead of 1.4 minutes for BM, for every other BW.

    If they are further nerfing the CD on pet CC abilities, that may mean that pet CC is probably 1 minute across the board on all hunter specs, and since BM doesn't get special pet CD 30% reduction treatment anymore, it will be the same for all specs. Shale is currently almost same cd as trap, and crane is a tad more.
    They reduced the CD of the pve abilities to compensate for the nerf.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  13. #13
    Nvm, explained above
    Last edited by zenyatta; 2013-05-07 at 03:18 AM. Reason: explained above

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    They reduced the CD of the pve abilities to compensate for the nerf.
    Good to hear! I'm guessing this actually means that mm and surv pet pve abilities will be buffed.

  15. #15
    Epic! Anium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Posts
    1,701
    pet CC cooldown increased is going to hit us harder than you think, scatter trapping can be stopped easily if your team knows how to, trapping of pet stuns and sleeps not so much. but still grateful for the revert of DR

  16. #16
    Pandaren Monk vep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    1st reply and the negative nancies are already out in force

    First post in the thread and you call everyone "bitches"... Great reasoning there.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    pet CC cooldown increased is going to hit us harder than you think, scatter trapping can be stopped easily if your team knows how to, trapping of pet stuns and sleeps not so much. but still grateful for the revert of DR
    Nerfing scatter was dumb because that would have hit surv and MM much harder than BM. If an MM hunter had to use crane sleep for every trap, they would only be able to trap every minute at the most instead of every 30 secs like you could with scatter. Plus you have to deal with all the annoying shit that comes with relying on your pet to CC.

    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    First post in the thread and you call everyone "bitches"... Great reasoning there.
    Have you not listened to any music in the last 5 years? Those are song lyrics.

  18. #18
    OP is missing this: We did it!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowqt View Post
    I'm guessing this actually means that mm and surv pet pve abilities will be buffed.
    Probably, which is a good thing in PvE. It'll bump SV/MM single target up a little bit without touching BM.

    Though they still need to fix pet abandoning, or this is still only going to seriously hurt hunters playing the intended way.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Nerfing scatter was dumb because that would have hit surv and MM much harder than BM. If an MM hunter had to use crane sleep for every trap, they would only be able to trap every minute at the most instead of every 30 secs like you could with scatter. Plus you have to deal with all the annoying shit that comes with relying on your pet to CC.



    Have you not listened to any music in the last 5 years? Those are song lyrics.


    You ain't Drake homeboy....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •