Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by mbrodie0 View Post
    we must have played 2 different games.. SWTOR was anything but amazing, i honestly cant imagine it's got any better either considering how hard they locked it down with the freemium model they give you... Aion, GW2, TERA, Neverwtiner... those are decent free to play models... SWTOR is a terrible game with a terrible model
    Lol, I definitely meant to add the word "Loosely" after the phrase "Worthy of a sub" in that parenthesis. I agree, it isn't the greatest game, but it's still making due with a somewhat sub based model.

Edit for spelling / grammar.. I'm tired

Aveline's amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    I don't mind if the game isn't free but a company shouldn't be charging me $50 for a game Disk I cannot use without a monthly investment.
    So yeah Either charge me to purchase the game and don't require a subscription fee or charge me a subscription but don't require me to buy the game.

I mean the movie industry does not charge me to buy a movie then expect me to pay a fee every time I view it.
    (though they would be much more profitable if they switched to digital distribution and simply charged $1-2 per view)
    no but how many hotels give you a cheap room but force you to pay 20 euro for a cheap ass breakfast? and alot of cable companys let you pay for there service. and want to use there service? you need to buy a settop box. yet no1 is whining about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    You're on my ignore list, I wonder why loooool.
    you put a grown man on ignore? lol that's sad

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate F2P games! Quality down the drain Give me more sub games!!
    Stationed at McGuire, AFB.
    PC Specs: i5-3570K, GTX 690, Gigabyte UD5H, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, Corsair AX750, H100i, Phantom 630 case, Asus VH236H

Quote Originally Posted by savethetuna View Post
    I hate F2P games! Quality down the drain Give me more sub games!!
    its the same thing with mobile phone plans. you get a better overall rate etc from being on a plan even after you buy the phone. the only people who are on prepaid are the ones who barely use it, but the downside is you pay more.

no one complains about that. f'ing gamers man im telling ya.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    Of all the genres mmo gamers are the most welfare in attitude. They want to avoid a sub cost at ANY cost as with a box price if need be, just like someone pirating games, think they have a right to have it all for nothing and just 'pay when they think the developer deserves my support' kind of mentality.

Its also ironic that in the same breath, these very same people will complain and cry over the complete full frontal monetisation of nearly every aspect of their said 'free game' and never piece the dots together as to why its suddenly become pay 2 win?
    Very good point.

Deleted
    Internet culture in general is absolutely disgusting. Ignore all those morons, trolls and sad excuses of people.

Deleted
    This is fantastic, another thread from some stranger telling me exactly how much MMOs cost to develop and run, supporting the traditional sub model while broadly demonising the F2P model (because they are all the same). Strange how the reality of several F2P models and content development contradict the OP's thesis, but when did facts get in the way of a good, uninformed internet tirade?

its the same thing with mobile phone plans. you get a better overall rate etc from being on a plan even after you buy the phone. the only people who are on prepaid are the ones who barely use it, but the downside is you pay more.

no one complains about that. f'ing gamers man im telling ya.
    actually most of the people on prepaid are the ones who cant afford the plan.. my samsung galaxy S3 came included in my plan.. i didnt have to buy it...

actually most of the people on prepaid are the ones who cant afford the plan.. my samsung galaxy S3 came included in my plan.. i didnt have to buy it...
    errr dude, you're paying it off LOL hence the plan.

errr dude, you're paying it off LOL hence the plan.
    actually there is no MRO (Mobile Repayment Option) attached.. it's a $59 plan and i pay $59.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't personally think of a better entertainment-per-dollar value than WoW or something similar.

Me and some friends went to see IM3 in Imax 3d. Tickets were $14.50 apiece and food/drinks came added $13 on top of that. So for a little over 2 hours I spent nearly $30 - the cost of 2 months of WoW.

So yeah, I'm quite happy to pay the monthly cost, and don't care whether or not it ever decreases.

Lol no, please Don't. Ever. Try. To. Generalise. All. The. MMO. Gamers. Under. One. Statement. As. False. As. This. One.
    I'm definitely a MMO gamer for years, and I hate passionately any MMo that has "free" option. That "free" always means you'll have to pay TONS of your money to make your game comfortable, and by "tons" I mean a lot more that a subscription costs. Even if all that sells online for real is cosmetic looks, that means that in-game free armours and weapons are so ugly you'll have to buy something. Microtransactions are evil, and should die forever. Too bad that people have much more money than brains nowadays and can't be afforded to count.

If you're an MMO player that means you play many MMOs. Free to play model or Buy to play model is the most convenient model for that type of gamer. Subscription was never the perfect model, it followed the "If it is not broken, don't fix it" logic for awhile, but MMO players show with their MONEY that they prefer the freemium model.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Lol no, please Don't. Ever. Try. To. Generalise. All. The. MMO. Gamers. Under. One. Statement. As. False. As. This. One.
    I'm definitely a MMO gamer for years, and I hate passionately any MMo that has "free" option. That "free" always means you'll have to pay TONS of your money to make your game comfortable, and by "tons" I mean a lot more that a subscription costs. Even if all that sells online for real is cosmetic looks, that means that in-game free armours and weapons are so ugly you'll have to buy something. Microtransactions are evil, and should die forever. Too bad that people have much more money than brains nowadays and can't be afforded to count.
    play Aion or TERA or GW2 you dont have to pay anything if you dont want too and you dont miss out on anything from not paying... you just made the biggest generalisation yet.

play Aion or TERA or GW2 you dont have to pay anything if you dont want too and you dont miss out on anything from not paying... you just made the biggest generalisation yet.
    of those 3 I felt Tera had the true mmo meat, the other 2 were just grindy shallow 'looking pretty' games which, while true in what you say, had nothing worth striving for.

of those 3 I felt Tera had the true mmo meat, the other 2 were just grindy shallow 'looking pretty' games which, while true in what you say, had nothing worth striving for.
    your definition of MMO meat is clearly a strong PvE background.. some people actually enjoy PvP

i'm really confused why people complain about how there are f2p games that are just as good as the sub based games. if that is true why are you crying on the internet? shouldn't you be playing these superior games? i know if i had two viable options and one cost me and the other didn't i'd be playing a game not whining like an entitled brat.

your definition of MMO meat is clearly a strong PvE background.. some people actually enjoy PvP
    agreed. im definitely a pve'er. always have been but nothing against pvp though.