Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Trash: Dark Animus trash. It obliterated us on our first attempt; we were not prepared.

Boss: 10H Tortos 'cause I'm a Mistweaver.

Weapon: Soulblade of the Breaking Storm

Rank: 2 but it's close. I choose ICC over it because I was so emotionally invested in Arthas and the whole WC3 story, even though I hated a lot of the ICC fights.
    Do you play SimCity 5? Come join us on the MMO Champion Regions!
    My Origin friends list is full but hit me up by PM if you want to build a city with me.

Best trash:

None, I really can't stand it ever since doing 2-3 clears a week since release, if only the reward for killing Ra-den was no trash!

Best boss:

Lei Shen is probably the best designed boss (Mechanics wise) that I've seen in a loooooong time so it's quite easily the simple choice but Ra-den gives the whole adrenaline rush in the fact that every attempt is worth 3.3% of the weekly lockout (During progress anyway, he's super easy during farm).

Best looking weapon:

The two-hander from Lei Shen, even though I can't wield it on a rogue it really looks nice!
    WoW Retired (December '13) - Titchy@PS4

I do not feel like you can realistically rate this tier, if you haven't completed it.

Heroic Lei Shen is like no other boss created that is a huge number check while any sort of small mistake instantly ruins the entire attempt. Probably on the same level as heroic Lich king, and slightly above Ragnaros. Do I think this is the best boss overall? No not really because I found phase 1 and 2 to be pretty boring overall and just there like any other end tier boss. Blizzard is kind of on this new path where every single end tier boss must have 3 phases + intermissions now and be around 10-15 minutes in length.

I personally found Heroic Durumu to be the best boss of this tier. While having personal responsibility, it really didn't force the best perfect play but did require raiders to know exactly what to do and when. Basically you could go the wrong way with Red beam and still make it, or have Yellow appear and be able to kill it, or have Blue appear and still be able to heal through the damage. If Durumu was the end tier boss, those would have instantly wiped your raid. The eye sore maze with frozen walls overall was a nice touch. Really made you focus hard on getting those walls down so you could get through the maze.

No trash is best trash. So Ra-Den trash is the best trash

Best item has to be the Heroic Voice of Quilen because it shoots lightning out of it (does normal?)

Worst boss absolutely is Heroic Dark Animus. You spend more time trying to figure out what the fuck Blizzard was trying to do with this boss, rather than actually do the boss. Once you figure it all out, the boss becomes a joke. I expect many guilds to have no problems with this once 5.3 comes out and many more videos and guides are out there.

I think Blizzard also really messed up this tier with Paladins in general. The new meta game seems to be if there's any sort of debuff you can BoP, you better have a paladin with clemency and 1 tank the fight. I expect them to address this in PVE only by forcing debuffs to stay on next tier. I also expect them to nerf monk tank damage because it basically trivializes many parts of Heroic Lei Shen and Raden by having a monk tank. You can easily kill the lightning balls by having a monk tank and using keg smash when they move into melee because of vengeance, and then monk tanks are doing 300k+ dps on Raden while other tanks are doing 150-200k.

So basically if you want to come out ahead and progress faster than you are now, get a Monk tank and Paladin.

This tier was okay. I do not like the linear style of raids that blizzard is doing now, and I assume it is because of LFR. Having to skip ahead to a boss to stay in the progression race, and then come back to the one you skipped next week really isn't fun but I guess it pushes the top guilds more. Ulduar absolutely did this right with 1 mandatory -> 3 any path -> 1 mandatory -> 6 any path (yes you could skip cat lady) -> 2 mandatory. Basically if I wanted to do Thorim first, I could skip council and go straight to thorim and come back. We need more of this again.

Best trash: Dark Animus trash, mostly because it didn't really feel like trash when you first got to it.

Best boss: Heroic Lei Shen, hands down.

Best looking weapon: Random drop 2H sword or random drop fist weapon.

Rank: This is my favorite raid ever by a fair margin. I didn't know Blizzard had it left in them to create a raiding tier this good.
    Kennyloggins - im afk

Trash: It's the trash before Primordius, I love watching our tanks pilling all the mobs up and then when lots die together feeling like you are going to get one shotted from the explosions!

Boss: Dark Animus, because he is SO DIFFERENT than all the others and it's quite a fresh idea, also that anima orb in the middle looks like chocolate candy!

Weapon: Staff from Twin Consorts, it's so pretty!

Rank: ToT is second right after Firelands and ONLY by a tiny bit difference because Ragnaros HC was just an encounter I will never forget! ToT is a great raid overall, with a pretty solid boss pool. The only thing I would change in it is a bit more freedom as to what bosses you would like to fight first (5 first bosses in firelands-style or ICC wing-style). Everything else is pretty well made, from the trash to the bosses to even these extra fun mini bosses, I don't care about the reward they give, it's just fun being lucky and discovering them as the resets go by and it sure keeps raid a bit more fresh!

Best trash: Ji-kun. Snails are amazing and they should do things like this again. So funny in LFR.

Best boss: Dark Animus. By far. It's the only fight where every single player has a very important job where 1 mistake can cause an instant wipe. Probably my favorite raid boss of all raids, with Heroic Rag being a somewhat close second.
    Also, I feel it's worth noting that I absolutely hate Tortos and think it's the worst fight they've ever designed, outside of Lei Shi because that is in a league of it's own.

Best looking weapon: Hand of the Dark Animus. Favorite 1h model in the game atm.

Where it ranks in your top wow raids: Probably #1. The only real contender is T11 for me. Ulduar behind that by a decent distance and T14 a decent bit behind Ulduar.

Edit to note that my opinion reflects that of Heroic mode only.

Best trash: Horridon trash (yeah that's right!)
    Best boss: Right now I'm feeling tortos. NT cleave all those turtles
    Best looking weapon: Lei Shen axe
    Where it ranks in your top wow raids: ToT > Firelands (only played since FL >.<)

Best trash: Primordius slime stuff. I like gauntlets that encourage chain pulling. I actually like most of the trash in ToT, just some sections (to Council, Ji-Kun, Horridon) could have a couple less pulls and still fill the pacing goal.

Best boss: Lei-Shen easily, with Durumuu as a close second.

Best looking weapon: Dunno, me and my raid all just auto-tranmog stuff to our old nostalgia sticks

I like the instance, the settings and boss fights are good and it all looks very nice. One thing I can't stand and in 8 years it hasn't bothered me like it does in ToT is the *wait for it.....* trash.

Seriously 90% of it is pointless and just a bore, im all for having trash to split the boss fights up but it's just too much. It's actually depressing and pointless in ToT. Whoever thought adding that much mind numbing boring trash should be slapped in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Castia View Post
    I like the instance, the settings and boss fights are good and it all looks very nice. One thing I can't stand and in 8 years it hasn't bothered me like it does in ToT is the *wait for it.....* trash.

Seriously 90% of it is pointless and just a bore, im all for having trash to split the boss fights up but it's just too much. It's actually depressing and pointless in ToT. Whoever thought adding that much mind numbing boring trash should be slapped in the face.
    How can you complain about ToT trashs if you have played for 8 years?

Vanilla trashs. TBC trashs. TBC trashs respawn timer.

Best trash: Never really liked trash at all, but I quite like the Ji-Kun trash because of the Gastropods.

Best boss: Lei Shen, no contest. Though I do love Horridon, Ji-Kun, Durumu and Primordius too.

Best looking weapon: Lei Shen's 2-hand axe, that's gotta be one of the coolest weapons in the game.

Where it ranks in your top wow raids: #1, beats out my previous favorites being Black Temple and Blackwing Descent.

Quote Originally Posted by Castia View Post

While I agree that there's a little too much trash, particularly between Tortos and Megaera, it's still much better than in Molten Core or Blackwing Lair's depression room.

Best trash: Far too much trash. But if I had to choose one, i'd say Ji-Kun trash - snails of death!
    Best boss: Lei Shen, or Iron Qon. Both are really fun in a mage PoV.
    Best looking weapon: The LS axe!
    Where it ranks in your top wow raids: Second to Firelands (played since 3.1)

Best trash: Jin'rohk, simple and non-gimmicky.
    Best boss: Jin'rohk, simple and non-gimmicky.
    Best looking weapon: Soulblade of the Breaking Storm, but I don't think there are any really good looking weapons in there.
    Where it ranks in your top wow raids: I have done T4, T5, T7, T11, T12, T13, T14 and T15. This is the worst tier I've seen so far.

Best trash: Hard to say... Probably Dark Animus' the first time? Was fun trying to figure it out. Ji-kun's is already an all-time classic trash too.
    Best boss: Call me crazy but... Horridon. I fucking love dinosaurs!
    Best looking weapon: Bo-ris, Horror in the Night (I like simple weapons)
    Where it ranks in your top wow raids: My experience is limited, I raided T1, T2, T2.5 T4, T5, T11, T12, T13, T14, T15 (I didn't raid during WotlK, except from pugs and stuff) so I'd place ToT in, say, second? Maybe third. I know Molten Core and Zul Gurub are probably shitty raids by today's standards but the nostalgia speaks way too high for me on this one :P.

Best trash: I don't really like any of the trash here. I'm not a fan of trash mobs, I like creative trash mobs like the pack before atramedes in BWD.
    Best boss: Out of my LFR experience (My guild is benching almost 2-4 people a night, so I opted out & just casual it up now) I would have to say either lei-shen, ji-kun, or megaera
    Best looking weapon: I like all the ranged weapons in this raid (crossbow/bow/gun)
    Where it ranks in your top wow raids: I'd probably put it about #5 between BWD(#4) & Throne of the four winds(#6)

Stood in the Fire
    From a 25 man heroic perspective.

Best trash: none all of the trash is horrible.

Best Boss: Lei Shen, definitly a worthy end-boss which requires both personal skill and team effort from everyone in your raid

Best looking weapon: Torall, the one handed spellpower mace from Lei Shen

Where do I rank TotT? Top 5 togheter with Ulduar, Tier 11, BT and SSC

Best trash: Iron Qon trash because of the sheer numbers.
    Best Boss: Toss up between H Durumu and H Lei Shen.
    Best looking weapon: Uroe. Overall, though, I didn't like this tier's weapon designs a whole lot.
    Where do I rank ToT?: Definitely the best raid in my book.

Boss : Lei Shen or Durumu for me, haven't done hc lei shen but helm of command is apparantly hilarious
    trash : Durumu
    Weapon : Iron Qon's boot knife
    I rank ToT as the best raid, up there with ulduar and tier 14

how the hell can u have best trash? its called trash because its shit, wtb more of the circus (totgc) style wer u just straight into boss with no fkn about

Best trash: I love the bridge to horridon. It feels new and refreshing compared to the quite ,monotome trash we find elsewhere. it has a certain uniqueness to it.

Best boss: This is a tough one, id like to say lei shen but for some reason the boss i rly enjoyed the most was horridon for some odd reason. I guess that arena and that big damn dinosaur smashing throu teh gate just felt epic somehow Ji-kun and trotos also deserves an honorable mention imo.

Best looking weapon: Dunno, dont care much about visuals on items.

Where do i rank tot: a tie with ulduar and karazan making it a shared firstplace among all wow raids imo