Question Blood Pact, Death Syphion or Conversion

just seeing what people decided to take.
    i took conversion

You might want to mention you spec, but I chose Death pact for frost, and Conversion for blood.

Well, for PVE dps, death pact is nearly always superior. You shouldn't need to waste resources on the other two and death pact is nice for saving messups.

For Blood tanking death pact is also superior because it is burst damage that tends to kill tanks. It also has good synergy with purgatory. On fights with high damage taken modifiers, death siphon is also a good choice because the heal will scale with it. ( I think horridon/jinrokh would be good). Conversion costs you rune strikes, prevents your generation from scent of blood and slows down your rune/rp cycle.

Since pvp is usually about burst, conversion is equal or better than death pact. Death pact is a stronger cd, but conversion can heal for much more. Especially if you need to play defensive, you can use all your rp for heals.

Deleted
    PvP or PvE?
    Frost, Unholy, Blood?

PvE DPS:

90% of the time I take Death Pact. It doesn't hurt your DPS at all and provides a large heal on a 2min cooldown (you can even use it on the summoned minions from the DPS tier15 2pc).

As DW (the only real mastery-stacking DPS spec) there are occasional encounters where Death Siphon works well. Any encounter where the boss ends up taking added damage or you get a damage buff (Elegon, Horridon, Wind Lord, Jin'rokh) you can just keep yourself alive with Death Siphons. It may reduce your damage slightly but takes a load of pressure off healers.

Conversion gimps your DPS and isn't worth it in a PvE environment.

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    PvP or PvE?
    Frost, Unholy, Blood?

PvE DPS:

90% of the time I take Death Pact. It doesn't hurt your DPS at all and provides a large heal on a 2min cooldown (you can even use it on the summoned minions from the DPS tier15 2pc).

As DW (the only real mastery-stacking DPS spec) there are occasional encounters where Death Siphon works well. Any encounter where the boss ends up taking added damage or you get a damage buff (Elegon, Horridon, Wind Lord, Jin'rokh) you can just keep yourself alive with Death Siphons. It may reduce your damage slightly but takes a load of pressure off healers.

Conversion gimps your DPS and isn't worth it in a PvE environment.
    I don't think Conversion is worth it in any situation

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Its quite worth it in PVP I have to say. It provides much more healing and since pvp isn't about sustained damage, you can use it and still be able to burst when you need to.

Deleted
    tbh with the amount of burst in the game atm in PVP death pact is pretty shite i mean it heals you for what 50% of HP and i have 391k on my dk which is 195k sounds alot but not when it can be bursted down in a matter of seconds, i might try onversion as frost in pvp might work better than a high heal on a 2mi nCD that is borderline useless

Tanking Marli on Council. In my 503-equipped blood DK I've done 35k hps (more than double my normal healing on other fights), and I'm terribad on my DK. Someone who also knows how to maximize DS/minute I'm sure could do a lot more.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

PVP without a healer. When people just tunnel you all day because you're a DK, one 200k DP is not going to save you.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 man heroic Tank:
    Jin'rokh, Horridon or other gimmick fights where you have a leisure time keeping yourself aliveand or the boss takes %-based bonusdamage: go Death Siphon for that extra dps. Tank dps matters nowadays and when you are not forced to build up BS to survive the tankswitch or need to prepare your a because of a boss burst I feel free to go the moar dps route of tanking.
    For Marli: If you are tanking just Marli DSi is useful as well since you are only required to stack BS when tanking Malakk (we're doing Council non heroic atm so i rather feel the need to HS and BB/DnD)

On every other occasion I pick death pact for that immense burst heal often coupled with vampiric blood. And unless you are tanking 25 man I don't see any reason what so ever to take purgatory. I'm sorry :->

offspecc 10 dd:
    Death pact. Free out of jail card every two minutes :-> Maybe DSi is worthwhile on Horridon (heroic esp.) but I can't state this without the remark that I tank the encounter. Jin'rokh normally kills raids via ionization (AMS lol) or in the transitionphase. So I would recommend pact there again.

PvP:
    I play random bgs quite a lot as dw frost but I have to admit: That is the scenario when conversion really really shines. I find myself more often than not defending or otherwise out of range of healer (or they are unwilling to heal me) so conversion has saved my arse a couple of times.
    Captain Endriel and his fearsome crew!

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Siphon is really good for leveling if you're Unholy. Especially early on between levels 60-80 where it basically 1-2 hits things and heals you for 75% of your health. Its really broken at low levels just like blood boil is.

Conversion is decent for leveling, but its better suited in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 arena pvp situations (patch 5.2, conversion is terrible for pvp in 5.3). Conversion is also better with Unholy because Frost loses too much damage using Conversion. Unholy is more of a pressure spec, and losing a death coil every now and then won't kill you.

Death Pact is just good for almost everything besides leveling.