The density changes have resulted in a big nerf to high MP farming

When reading the recent clarifications on drop rate modifications (nerfs) to lower hpt trash mobs, it seems obvious that they have just nerfed the hell out of high MP farming strategies. Act 3 is still the best farming location for mob density, but most of the mobs you would kill when doing high MP runs have had their drop rates cut in half with the recent changes. At high MPs there are also many problems with the 'trash mobs' in other Acts, for example in Act 1 you now run the risk of running into a room full of those club wielding mobs that will 1 shot you through 500 All res/40k+ hpt, whereas in Act 3 you only really had to worry about breaking through a door and taking an exploding fallen maniac to the face.

Act 3 was not 'too good' of a farming spot before these changes, they should have buffed drop rates instead of nerfing them since the vast majority of legendary drops are useless anyway.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

You need to remember that you get a bonus for being in a group now as well as NV stacking multiplicative and not additively.

In terms of exp/hr its vastly improved and I really can't complain in regards to drops either (2 legendaries of the same pack multiple time LOL)

You're basically saying that either your gear or build aren't up to farming MP10 reliably, you know.

Guessing barb? not sure of many other classes doing high mp efficient runs at 500ar and 40khp

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't think people care about exp/hour as much as, you know, FARMING.........
    i do not spew profanities. i enunciate them clearly, like a fucking lady.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A8lh%C3%A8im/

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    In terms of exp/hr
    Yeah that's really important at the moment.
    Don't really get it either - they went way over board with the droprate nerfs.

Drop rate nerfs, where? Did I miss something inn the patch notes.

I found the density changes, from what I checked to not really be a big deal. Just gonna say act3 solo MP3 is good as always for me if I even bother logging inn :]
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post

I found the density changes, from what I checked to not really be a big deal. Just gonna say act3 solo MP3 is good as always for me if I even bother logging inn :]
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...57797?page=1#7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post

Creatures give XP and drops based off their relevant health now. Meaning tiny creatures like the scorpions give crap XP and drop rate has been reduced. It's just balance, rather necessary.