Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Id love to have BC Beast Mastery Back. I stopped playing my hunter as main with Wrath BM nerf. Havent played him since TOC release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    And why is this a problem?

Honestly it feels like I'm one of the few people who is actually happy with Hunters right now. Just reading that they are considering some changes already makes me nervous. We have very few small issues which in my opinion should be addressed, but I'm perfectly fine with Hunters right now.
    I agree. Aside from a couple of small issues I very much love the current hunter design, I wouldn't be happy at all to see it overhauled.

As for the OP of this topic.... read between the lines much? There's no 'hint' of a grand redesign and GC himself even said 'I use that word with caution'. Case of seeing what you want to see I think.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Id love to have BC Beast Mastery Back. I stopped playing my hunter as main with Wrath BM nerf. Havent played him since TOC release.
    BC BM was horribly shallow and one dimensional (and that's coming from someone who has loved BM spec since vanilla) compared to now. The spec actually has depth in Mists, I push more buttons in my 'opener' than I would the entire boss fight in BC.

I think what you actually want back is the fact that in BC, BM was overpowered as hell (which is why Blizz nerfed it into dust in Wrath and for most of Cata).

10+ Year Old Account
    traps. fix traps and id be much happier. i would so rather have traps applied to arrows instead of a trap launcher. i like being able to lay traps.. so the toggle thingie works. but i would much rather click the button and now i can fire an iceblock arrow that hits its target and freezes the target in place. sorta like wyvern sting. instead of the clunky feeling of trying to throw it on the ground.

would also like to see some kind of utility CD for 25m stuff. something not directly tied to a pet. thats wonderful and all, but ugh i hate the BM spec. i wish my SV pets had more use, so that i can bring something to my raid team instead of just in there for mail gear.

pleasepleasepleaseplease give us ranger looking tmog gear also.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I'll change the title so it's not misleading.

Also, I'm fine with hunters, I don't want to have to learn another class

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    I don't, i like being the only ranged class that isn't a wizard.
    focus is great they just need to tweak things a bit, the biggest problem with hunters right now is all 3 specs are almost exactly the same, except 1 signature ability, main shot cooldown, and a couple passives. can't wait to see what they have in store for 6.0
    100% agreed. My character is like the hired mercenary. The Bobba Fett to everybody else's Jedi or Sith lord. The Dutch to their Yautja. The space marine to their xenomorphs. And the only thing I need to know is where. They. Are.

Every hunter spec functions almost exactly the same way. We have a signature shot, arcane shot or multi-shot to dump focus, and cobra shot or steady shot to regenerate focus. The only reason there is even a choice between specs is because Serpent Spread exists. Hunters need pretty huge changes if they want there to be spec diversity, because at this point there is practically zero.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    So... You want to spam Cobra Shot 100% -> 0% Boss health?

The OP's title seems misleading, because GC actually said Hunters won't get meaningfully redesigned like warlocks did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh i like the way hunters are atm ( from a survival perspective). But all in all hunters could get little tweeks. Don't know if you would agree with me but i would like BM hunters to be somewhat like Rexxar, or something along those lines. As for other specs i have no idea how they could/should re-work them :/

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

Bm hunters will get given The Wrist Mounted Dog Cannon from Final fantasy 8

That's disappointing news, I feel hunters need a warlock-like redesign myself.

I think this may signal a mass exodus of hunters to the new class, since the new class has a good chance of being an agi mail wearing bow user. And if it doesn't have a pet? Goodbye to hunters - you'll have almost every top raider foregoing hunter for the new class because 1) guarantee of seeing attention as a class because it's the "new class of the xpac", 2) no buggy pet AI, 3) similar role filled.

And I'll say it now, if the new class is Dark Ranger, I'll be seriously considering switching.

Good. I hope they delete steady focus first.

I really hope they rework MM to be a completely pet-less spec.

I think Hunters and Rogue need a complete revamp at the level of Warlock. I also think Elemental Shaman need a small rework to fix haste problems (the only class that hit's GCD problems in the first tier of raiding) and their scaling problems(Shamanism passive talent gets buffed every single patch to keep Ele from falling into the dps abyss)

I'm hoping BM becomes sort of like Dota's Lone Druid or HoN's Wild Soul. (You are a ranged class but you can activate an ability to become Melee only and get really tanky. Sort of like a Meta form for Demonology, they could even add in a pseudo tank glyph like dark apotheosis.

Also would really love it if they turned MM into a pet less spec!
    Last edited by Volitar; 2013-05-11 at 01:35 AM.
    Hi Sephurik

Also, what can you expect when you try to diversify three different specs around the same resource system? I really think the most compelling solution to make hunters more interesting is to create additional resources. This goes for rogues as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyloggins View Post
    Also, what can you expect when you try to diversify three different specs around the same resource system? I really think the most compelling solution to make hunters more interesting is to create additional resources. This goes for rogues as well.
    Well look at Mages for example they have no secondary resource unless you count Arcane charges or whatever the hell they are called now yet all specs play very differently from each other.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    That's disappointing news, I feel hunters need a warlock-like redesign myself.

I think this may signal a mass exodus of hunters to the new class, since the new class has a good chance of being an agi mail wearing bow user. And if it doesn't have a pet? Goodbye to hunters - you'll have almost every top raider foregoing hunter for the new class because 1) guarantee of seeing attention as a class because it's the "new class of the xpac", 2) no buggy pet AI, 3) similar role filled.

And I'll say it now, if the new class is Dark Ranger, I'll be seriously considering switching.
    This is very valid point. Is there any point making new classes when old ones are abandoned? Atm in-game there are so many specs that dont work like they should in 10/25/PVp.

If the only valid point is switching, is there actually any valid point to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Well look at Mages for example they have no secondary resource unless you count Arcane charges or whatever the hell they are called now yet all specs play very differently from each other.
    Mages don't use energy or focus. Having energy/focus by themselves as a pure resource system basically constitutes one way of playing. For hunters, it's having a signature shot, a focus dump, and something to get focus back. For rogues, they spend energy on a combo point builder and a combo point consumer. All specs behave that way due to the energy and focus mechanics. To break away from that and create more diversity, they need something else.

I think a couple of small changes could be made that would help separate the specs a bit more:

BM: A resource that builds up for either the hunter or the pet (kinda like Eclipse for Boomkin). When this new resource maxes out, the main attack of either the hunter or the pet (arcane shot and Kill command currently) have their focus cost lowered, damage increased, and cooldown removed. I know arcane shot currently has no cooldown... I think BM should dump Arcane and get their own signature shot.

SURV: 1) Redo Explosive Shot... Make it do more damage than current but remove the DoT effect. (ie: make it tick once for a similar amount of damage that the 3 ticks do now)

2) Redo Black Arrow as "Immolation Arrow" and each tick of immolation arrow has a chance to proc a stack of "explosive charge", stacking to 3. Each stack of "explosive charge" causes explosive shot to do double damage and adds a DoT effect equal to the number of stacks. Basically, use it more often for consistent damage or hold it to max stacks for a huge burst.

3) Immolation Arrow: lasts 20 sec, no cooldown

MM: Remove Careful Aim and Steady Focus....

Instead make MM more of a cooldown oriented spec that has a new resource allowing you to "use' it to lower the remaining time left on your cooldowns. Almost like a readiness resource.

And.... a talent that buffs them if they "have no pet"

I mean, C'mon.... not every hunter needs a companion.
    Last edited by Rackfu; 2013-05-11 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I say this over and over again. Hunters have no complexity with them. They play Whack-A-Mole with all their short CDs and manage their focus with 2 spells. In my opinion every Hunter spec need a complete re-design in order to be interesting at all, considering they are all pretty much the same when it comes down to it. And PLEASE make Marksman a petless spec.

If we look at other classes just about every class has some sort of unique mechanic that makes them somewhat interesting to play.

Paladin: Holy Power
    Priest: Shadow Orbs
    Warlock: Do I need to say anything?
    Rogue/Feral: Combo Points
    Balance: Eclipse
    Monk: Chi
    DK: Runes

There are a few classes/specs that don't really have anything really special (Warrior, Ele, Enh, Mage) but they still have things like Ignite/Combustion, Mana (for arcane), Colossus Smash which give some sort of complexity together that doesn't involve mashing buttons.
    Funny enough, the dev's recently stated that hunter's were the most popular class. I don't see anything "wrong" with having a class that has no "Unique mechanic" If all classes suddenly got a "Special" mechanic, they wouldn't be unique anymore. Sure they have different styles (combo, runes, chi etc) but they all function roughly they same way. Rogues and Druids felt unique and different because they were the only class to have a secondary mechanic. Now Everyone but a small handful do not have this extra gimmick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.