Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Yes, if I'm feeling angry or feel stressed out because of what's happening in a game I usually just stop playing for the moment. It affects both performance and it's not good for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say games in general. Any type of PvP and competitive games like LoL and Starcraft stress me out, so I refrain from them. Maybe you should take a break from PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's obviously underlying issues if playing a game makes you that stressed out.

Deleted
    I get quite competitive so sometimes i do shout at the screen. I think call of duty is the worst, the amount of times i believe i shot someone, or they shot me when i've been round corners must be in the thousands, but the minute i turn the game of everything is fine again. Yes i have issues.

One of the reasons i don't PvP, that and i suck at it makes a bad combination so i just don't bother my arse with PvP in many games

10+ Year Old Account
    If a game is upsetting you so regularly to the point you want to kill yourself, yeah, you should stop playing that game.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I think that a very large number of online gamers has serious emotional issues and shouldn't be playing at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    When I play League of Legends, I honestly feel like I want to kill myself. Not really exaggerating, but it's remarkable how much a game can give you this much stress and mental pain.
    I feel you. I get so much nerd rage from people's negative and flame that I nearly quit the game. Now they've improved a lot, thanks to honor and tribual system. Not only that, you gonna have to grow some thick skin.

And yes, if any games for any reasons give you unnatural stress, it's probably good idea to take a long break from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    The very instant a game starts seeming more like "work" than play - I'm out. That's why I quit WoW. Guild raiding was not fun. I had to schedule time, block out other interests, grind at daily quests, yadda yadda yadda. For what? Gear that became obsolete a few months later. One day I sat down to "play", and realized I was deriving no enjoyment or pleasure from it. It was just a time sink that I felt obligated to do. So I quit. Any game that isn't fun - I dump. Simple rule, but it does wonders for my disposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    When I play League of Legends, I honestly feel like I want to kill myself. Not really exaggerating, but it's remarkable how much a game can give you this much stress and mental pain.
    i bet your enemys in these games are having a blast. hihi. :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    It is very childish to lose your temper and get stressed over a game, turn off the computer and do something else.
    I wouldn't call it childish, as much as pushing yourself for no reason is just plain stupid. I don't believe there's anything wrong with playing a game to the point of it stressing you out, so long as you know when it's time to Alt-F4 and clear your head for a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sound like someone I know. That game is poison. The 'vent about LoL' threads are so full of anger and hate it's just not a nice game imo.

Quit it and get a new hobby in life or a game that is less stressful.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Short answer: Yes. At least the games that are pushing you over the edge, might be other factors in your life causing the problem however.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    is this a serious question? why in the world would you play a game that gives you ANY kind of stress?

videos games are a form of entertainment and enjoyment, if you get neither from a video game you probably shouldnt play it....

I've been in that situation before with other MOBAs, usually with LoL I just laugh at how ridiculously unbalanced it is. But yeah, there are times when I get angry when I die to stupid shit in games that I shouldn't have died to, or when things just aren't going my way at all. I find if I play with friends that just about never happens, and I find if I'm playing alone I need to just play games that aren't going to make me mad. That is one of the reasons I don't play SC2 much alone though, just not good times.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Come on now. I and everyone here would be remiss if we didn't get pissed off every once in a while from playing video games. That's part of the appeal.

That being said OP, if you legitimately wanted to off yourself or another person because of video games you need to have your head examined.
    theres a clear difference between experiencing minor frustration over wiping or dying to something you know you shouldnt have and wanting to actually kill yourself.

Deleted
    This is what you experience mostly in online games. It also affects the way you play, you'll play like crap and it will make you even angrier. Take a break, and play something else like say, Skyrim.

League of Legends literally gave me migraines in some days, but whenever I had a completely horrible game I just stopped completely for that day. Thankfully I'm not a fan of that game anymore.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-05-10 at 10:21 PM.

Deleted
    I play games to have fun. If, at one point, I feel like I'm not, and in fact the game stresses me more, I stop playing for a while. It may be an hour, a day or a week. If the game continues to frustrate me some times in a row, I just quit it and uninstall it, I mean, why would I bother? There's so many other games out there, some even free and more fun.

Most likely yes.

That said, WoW PvP frustrates and stresses me out endlessly, to the point where I've (over time) broken one keyboard because of it. I've been doing a lot less PvP lately though.

You should quite playing, if you are getting stressed it is an indication your mind doesn't enjoy the very competitive and sometimes frustrating aspect of these games. Stress is being linked to more and more diseases every year, there is never a reason to add stress into your life, video games aren't important enough to allow for some stress.