Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Love getting a "good guy Greg" in selection.

Thats the guy who swops with you, even though he doesn't want what you have, as he was going to reroll anyway.

Then we have "scumbag Steve" who declines trade on one of your mains, then proceeds to reroll.

I try to be the former.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Love getting a "good guy Greg" in selection.

Thats the guy who swops with you, even though he doesn't want what you have, as he was going to reroll anyway.

Then we have "scumbag Steve" who declines trade on one of your mains, then proceeds to reroll.

I try to be the former.
    Agreed. I always ask if someone wants it before i swap. The horror when you see your fav champ get rerolled and you cant do anything.

Some people dont know that you can reroll afterwards though. Had a case of that where another teammate raged at the first for not swapping with him before he rerolled.

Deleted
    Actually, I pretty much always accept if someone wants to trade with me, even if I have a champion I really like, mostly because I will try to perform well on any champion, while there are people that wont even try if they don't have a champion they like/consider strong, so I always asume that the trade will be better for the team because I'll try my best anyways and the other person is on a champion that he/she likes more afterwards, resulting in an advantage for the team. If I get a champion I really dislike, there is always the option to reroll, even after the trade.

I shall drop this here: http://www.ultimate-bravery.com/?lang=en

Go try playing aram in this game mode. select the map the champion you got and click make me brave. You will get AWFUL items. announce in chat you are doing ultimate bravery as well!

Its so man mode its fucking brilliant. I played a trynamere with zhonyas hourglass as 2nd item (1st item to get is full boots with upgrades and you dont buy pots!)

some people dont get it others love it.

It bores me honestly. Never liked the format of proving grounds, actually needing to die to get items, just 10 champions beating at eachother, in the case of ARAM 10 random ones for even more entropy. Meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the whole I think its fun.

But there are definitely some huge issues with it.

(1) Some champions are just ridiculously amazing on a straight map with constant team fights. On the other hand there are some champs that are just flat out bad.

(2) Team match ups aren't always fair. Heavy melee, vs heavy ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    The only thing i dislike is when you get into a game, go "Yes, i got one of my favs" only for someone to quit. You get into game again and get yet another champ you like a lot. Aaaand some scumbag quits again.
    How even.
    I've not had a single leaver since ARAM got launched.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    It bores me honestly. Never liked the format of proving grounds, actually needing to die to get items, just 10 champions beating at eachother, in the case of ARAM 10 random ones for even more entropy. Meh.
    Yeah, you do have to die to purchase items.
    But you don't HAVE to purchase items.
    I've seen plenty of people go up to 10/0 with only starting items, just because they play safe/smart.

Heck I've seen a guy go 30 minutes with only a Doran's blade in 5v5, as cait with 0 deaths and multiple kills.
    Shit Excrement was ballin'
    Last edited by Aydinx2; 2013-05-16 at 02:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    Heck I've seen a guy go 30 minutes with only a Doran's blade in 5v5, as cait with 0 deaths and multiple kills.
    Shit Excrement was ballin'
    Played an ARAM last night with a friend; he was Caitlyn. He went 16/0/21 - completed the whole game with a vampiric scepter and a dorans blade. The other team must have really wanted to kill him by the end.

Edit: This was the team comp

Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-05-16 at 02:44 PM.

Deleted
    That's kinda weird. Playing against a Fizz, you'd figure he'd be able to go kill a Cait with those items only.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    My biggest issue with attempting is, from playing ranked you go 0/4 and ppl start going "report report" and I don't wanna risk a banning for a "just for fun" mode. You know.

In ARAM people is only getting reported for afk in my experience.

ARAM is really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    In ARAM people is only getting reported for afk in my experience.

ARAM is really fun.
    Pretty much this,

Although I report people for intentionally executing to a turret. Its a lame way to go and buy :/ (they ace you and ones low hp and turret sponges!) I feel its against the spirit in which aram is played.

But normally as long as you are not afk and are not just running from altar and just jumping in to die constantly you should be fine.

Since my account merge I have all the champions in the game now and 100k IP and 10k RP to spend. runed pages are maxed out so I guess I am good for buying champions for a while? XD its also handy in Aram as it takes by around 3/4 games im maxed out on rerolls. I still pretty much end up getting trynd or some other melee :/

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Ranked and ARAM are not really comparable; even if some idiot does say report for being bad in an ARAM, everyone's likely to just laugh at him.
    I don't mind people being bad at the champion they have but I do mind people being douchebags and feeding because "it's over anyway" / "lol op team. we can't win" or they didn't get a champion they wanted.

Adding an ARAM queue was the best thing ever. So much fun and everyone is actually quite relaxed making it enjoyable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    How even.
    I've not had a single leaver since ARAM got launched.
    I need to throw that question back at you. How?! I've had a lot of leavers in the games i've done. Most of the times, when i've gotten a champ i really like. If people don't want to play some champions they shouldn't bloody go ARAM, it's meant for random fun, not "omg i didn't get the champ i wanted ragequit".

I find that it's great when I want something more low-stress and just want to mess around a little, but want more challenge than an AI stomp.

People seem to care a lot less about screwups or bad play- I've had a few people get grumbly, but an "Sorry, I'm just really bad with this champ" usually keeps things fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    27/9/29 as Fiora. *yay*

ARAM was okay... I don't really like staying away from Summoner's rift for too long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    I need to throw that question back at you. How?! I've had a lot of leavers in the games i've done. Most of the times, when i've gotten a champ i really like. If people don't want to play some champions they shouldn't bloody go ARAM, it's meant for random fun, not "omg i didn't get the champ i wanted ragequit".
    I'm the same as you. Almost everytime I luck out and get Lux, some mofo leaves . Rejoin queue, end up with Shaco... Lux is almost a guarenteed win if played right, and as I main with her I'm pretty confident when the game starts!

I love ARAM, although it is obvious that a team with massive poke will win in the end. We managed to get a game where our whole team was classed as an ADC (I had Cait, then there was Ashe, Varus, Teemo and MF!!!) My god, the other team didn't have a chance...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with ARAM are the people creating accounts just to play ARAM. I keep facing ridiclously good teams on this map, and I sincerely doubt it's just chance.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 04:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon-AN View Post
    I'm the same as you. Almost everytime I luck out and get Lux, some mofo leaves . Rejoin queue, end up with Shaco... Lux is almost a guarenteed win if played right, and as I main with her I'm pretty confident when the game starts!

I love ARAM, although it is obvious that a team with massive poke will win in the end. We managed to get a game where our whole team was classed as an ADC (I had Cait, then there was Ashe, Varus, Teemo and MF!!!) My god, the other team didn't have a chance...
    Shaco isn't bad at all. Put them boxes in the brush, you'll be collecting careless people in no-time.

Yeah. No. I've had enough of games where you meet random teenage boys and have them yell at you. Its a game. It's supposed to be entertaining. No, my mom is not that fat.