Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    And yet every single statement past the first one says they weren't.

ITS BENGHAZI 2.0! COVER UP!

I bet you that Obama personally instructed the IRS to do this.
    and Hilary was involved somehow too don't forget her

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    300 organizations targeted for review.

75 were conservative groups.

Clearly, only conservatives were targeted.
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/irs-a...rvative-groups

In all, about 300 groups were singled out for additional review, Lerner said. Of those, about a quarter were singled out because they had "tea party" or "patriot" somewhere in their applications.

10+ Year Old Account
    The blaze is always accurate and unbiased...
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSageCorban View Post
    response: "...Lerner’s earlier claim that the IRS looked for groups that included the words “tea party” or “patriot” in their applications for tax-exempt status."
    in the article.

Let me be clear, if it comes out this is all a big miscommunication: My official stance is: Good. I would be just as appalled if they were targeting groups with liberal affiliations.
    No you wouldn't. Haha.

Do you know what the word included means? Here's my list of groceries: apples, bananas, oranges, rasberries, plums, blueberries, waffles, and syrup.
    It includes oranges and apples. (take a hint)

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    The blaze is always accurate and unbiased...
    and the AP trumps your source dismissal. (Erenax you have a 6th sense.)

No you wouldn't. Haha.

Do you know what the word included means? Here's my list of groceries: apples, bananas, oranges, rasberries, plums, blueberries, waffles, and syrup.
    Now, it includes oranges and apples. (take a hint)
    Now your pretending to know my views? And I'm not getting the attempt to talk down to me here. Please elaborate. Why would I be ok with the IRS targeting liberal organizations?
    Last edited by GreatSageCorban; 2013-05-10 at 06:57 PM.

Is that somehow a refutation of my statement? Here's a question, what's 1/4 of 300?

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that somehow a refutation of my statement? Here's a question, what's 1/4 of 300?
    No, it's called a source. Should try it some time.

[edit] To clarify, of course only conservatives weren't targeted. That wasn't the original complaint. If you'd have read the article, it says they were targeted for a specific reason based on profiling.
    Last edited by Naxere; 2013-05-10 at 06:59 PM.

[Roose] casts MMO-C Source Dismissal at the blaze.
    [AP] casts Intervene on the blaze.
    MMO-C Source Dismissal fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    You don't get it, the SPLC and the FBI have seen an increase of 900 new "patriot" "sovereign citizen" "minute men" "tea party" since 2008. These groups are armed, dangerous (especially to law enforcement), and due to their internet chatter, they are now being singled out because of the deaths and attempted crimes they have committed. If you find me a liberal movement that is armed, disparaging public servants, sending threats to judges, sheriffs, president, etc, and blatantly violating US and state laws, then yea they should be singled out.
    F'ing dirty colonists are the problem. Parliament should have slit their throats the first whisper of revolution.

Not paying taxes, threatening British troops, blatantly violating the laws of the crown.

Oh wait, that was a bad government. Today's government is awesome and these people should all be put down like dogs.

(I'm not actually versed on details, I'm just being obstinant)

Now your pretending to know my views? And I'm not getting the attempt to talk down to me here. Please elaborate. Why would I be ok with the IRS targeting liberal organizations?
    I have no reason to believe you would. Your post history shows how biased you are towards the right wing. Also did you understand my example of 'included'?

any news site set up by Glenn Beck loses all credibility in my books.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    F'ing dirty colonists are the problem. Parliament should have slit their throats the first whisper of revolution.

Not paying taxes, threatening British troops, blatantly violating the laws of the crown.

Oh wait, that was a bad government. Today's government is awesome and these people should all be put down like dogs.

How dare you call into question the practices and actions of our government. Treason!

Obstinate to a fault. Your comparison failed from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    No, it's called a source. Should try it some time.

[edit] To clarify, of course only conservatives weren't targeted. That wasn't the original complaint. If you'd have read the article, it says they were targeted for a specific reason based on profiling.
    And again: Groups that are violently opposed to taxation were given greater scrutiny for tax exempt status. Profiling isn't always evil.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

No taxation without representation sounds fair enough to me, except there is representation now. These people just want to be free of the responsibilities that makes the country function.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2013-05-10 at 07:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    any news site set up by Glenn Beck loses all credibility in my books.
    Sigh...Is the Associated Press good enough of a source or will you dismiss that as well? Lots of "shoot the messenger" going on here.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/irs-a...rvative-groups

I don't believe the issue here is the number. That's mainly due to a lot of "what ifs" that neither you or I know. What if 75 is 100% of the conservative applications? What if the other 200 were churches, and the remainder liberal organizations?

The issue is that they admitted to specifically targeting conservative groups. Like filtering a key word search.

I have no reason to believe you would. Your post history shows how biased you are towards the right wing. Also did you understand my example of 'included'?
    Then you don't know me very well. I just told you my views. I don't know how to further clarify it. I am not hypocritical in my "what is right, and what is wrong". (or to the best of my ability I try not to be.)
    Last edited by GreatSageCorban; 2013-05-10 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlon View Post
    A group that does not like taxes is targeted by IRS? Shocking.
    http://bit.ly/15wEUip
    "Sooner or later, you have to pay your taxes!"
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe the issue here is the number. That's mainly due to a lot of "what ifs" that neither you or I know. What if 75 is 100% of the conservative applications? What if the other 200 were churches, and the remainder liberal organizations?

The issue is that they admitted to specifically targeting conservative groups. Like filtering a key word search.
    For the third time: Groups that are violently opposed to taxation were given greater scrutiny for tax exempt status. Profiling isn't always evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.