Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by NotLuto View Post
    The bad ass gangsta is always going to do it regardless of free or paid transfers. Opening up a guaranteed free transfer for everyone is going to create more people caring less about others. Look at what LFR did to the community. You can't ninja gear but you can definitely AFK through every wing and get away with it.

    A twice a year, free transfer is perfect. I can pull two long cons a year.
    Yeah so instead of saving the dead servers we should let them rot because people could potentially ninja a bit more even though they already can with paid transfers,deleting a character and the occasional free transfers?Simply No.

    Also Blizzard doesn't care about your dramatic ninja worries,they rarely involve themselves in these matters as it's mostly the responsibility of players to be wary of who they trust and share loot with.
    Your ninja troubles are millions of years away of actually scaring Blizzard into not saving dead servers.
    Last edited by ZRebellion; 2013-05-10 at 10:35 PM.

  2. #102
    Elemental Lord Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,057
    Quote Originally Posted by NotLuto View Post
    It's wrong because I set requirements high enough that it was realistic to be obtained but probably not going to happen by a pug. Kill an MC on lady deathwhisper and you don't get loot. I'd go out of my way to ensure that an MC was in a situation it would die. Also, the rules were only enforced when it was of benefit to me or a friend.

    And I did it for so long because I got away with it and while it was morally wrong, it wasn't suspend me wrong. My and my friends loot > anyone elses.

    What realm and guild are you in? Give me six months and I could con my way into an officer position and make off with your bank.
    Did you actually ATTACK the MC to near death while one of the pugs was attacking them? (e.g., you trying to pre-kill it for them)

    If so, then yeah, that's kinda fucked up.

    Seeing as how you're too lazy to easily obtain said information (which I've pretty much given away through this thread), we wouldn't let you in because methinks you'd be too bad to join our raids (Plus we're full)

    Progression pre-nerfed: [T17] 6/7H; 0/10N

  3. #103
    Elemental Lord Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,057
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Your ninja troubles are millions of years away of actually scaring Blizzard into not saving dead servers.
    This too. Ninjaing really isn't that big of an issue in comparison.

    You can play fine without loot (and if you're pugging, you definitely don't NEED good loot). Your play experience will be greatly diminished with a dead server.

    Edit: The fuck? Why didn't the posts merge? .-.

    Progression pre-nerfed: [T17] 6/7H; 0/10N

  4. #104
    Simply because people will pay for it. No company will give away what the customers already pay for gladly.

  5. #105
    High Overlord Dunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lewsiana
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Anyone who has had to choose between playing a character in an empty world with no friends and a barren auction house and shelling out a hundred bucks just to be able to have some kind of normal game interaction can speak to this. I'd be willing to bet most people would rather just quit than pay that money. It's something Blizzard probably should address as one of their top priorities.
    Had a few friends do this already.

    Also, someone mentioned above maybe allowing people who've been un-subbed for 2-3 months to come back to a free transfer. I mentioned this to some friends who are still subbed and got a pretty unanimous answer of: "I'd probably un-sub until SoO if it meant I could come back to a free transfer."

    I definitely think people want to transfer, but they'd rather quit than pay money.

    Interesting thread all around though.

  6. #106
    Dreadlord AbsolutVodka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Copy and pasted for your benefit
    Lol thanks for the benefit! But I don't know, personally I wouldn't care about the in game name, seems like something so minimal to obsess over the grander problem. Sure it may be forced upon you, but I would see it better than spending $25 x characters to transfer to another server. Plus I would think if they merged servers, they would merge a bunch of dead servers together rather than absorb it into an already populated server.

    However that is all my opinion and how I see it lol. Your proposed idea is real awesome, but if people just get free transfers, wouldn't the already dead server just get worse? Might as well just merge it, rather than having a server with like 100 players lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I'm sorry I have a penis. WHY? WHY AM I A MONSTER?!

  7. #107
    Once a month with no character limitation is quite different than once every four years, limited time, free character migration.

    @Dragon, I wouldn't actually do it. I meant more like within six months (the new time frame set forth between free xfers in this scenario) someone could attain the rank of officer in your guild and, providing officers have gbank access, take the bank. You have to acknowledge the different types of ninjas. A WoW con man can, will and has put in that much time or longer to take a bank. And yes, I went out of my way to hit MCs near the melee AEing so I could get or give Whispering Fang Skull. I'd set a 10k DPS requirement and bring people with low ilvls who would get carried by my group ensuring they'd never reach the DPS req but not low enough that we wouldn't hit enrages.
    I can't tell you who I am, but I can tell you who I'm not.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    I actually have a question to ask anyone who cares so much about the AH thing: "Who cares?"

    Gold doesn't really hold much significance when all the vital stuff just keeps getting nerfed in price. To get ALL levels of mount (including 310) and Northrend, Azeroth, and Pandarian flying, it's only ~12.5k. Exclude 310 and it drops to ~7.5k. Of which as you level, you gain that, if not, more than that, with all the gold from quests, dungeons, kills, and stuff you vendor across the way.

    Besides to a new player, the only big thing about gold atm is the BMAH and vanity items. Repairs, enchants, gems, food, and flasks are typically given to you by your guild. If you don't raid or are part of a serious PvP team, why do you need these items anyways? And if you "need" them for some reason, they really aren't that expensive when dungeons and LFR practically hand you gold (remember all those times you didn't get gear/got gear you didn't need in LFR? LOOKIT ALL THAT GOLD IT IS/BECOMES).

    I don't see making a profit as that big of an issue anymore because of it. Should you still have money issues, change your professions accordingly so you can:

    - Get ore/gems on a miner toon
    -- Give ore/gems to a JC toon to get cut gems for your main's gear
    -- Give ore to a BS toon if you're a plate user for plate gear

    - Get herbs on an herbalist toon
    -- Give herbs to an alchemist toon to make potions/flasks for your main's raids
    -- Give some herbs to a scribe toon to make the shoulder enchant for your main's gear

    - Get leather/scales on a skinning toon
    -- Give leather/scales to a LW toon if your main uses leather or mail for your main's gear
    --- Also for the leg enchant if you're a Melee, Hunter, or Tank

    - Collect cloth on your main (or a tailor to collect it a bit faster)
    -- Give cloth to a tailor toon to make you bags and cloth armor if your main uses cloth
    --- Also for the leg enchant if you're a Caster or Healer
    --- Also use said cloth to make greens to give to an enchanter toon

    - Collect greens on your main (or BoP items on an enchanter to be vastly more efficient; make your main an enchanter for this reason if you want to be as efficient as possible)
    -- Give BoE items you find to your enchanter for your enchanting needs

    So where gold was needed for all this stuff, you're now self-sufficient in:
    - Gems
    - Enchants
    - Consumables (feasts are usually supplied by RL anyways, but should they not be, take up cooking; it's very cheap nowadays anyways)

    The only thing you'll need to supply (if your guild doesn't for some reason) is repairs, which, when you do a lot of LFD/LFR or Dailies, it isn't that bad at all.
    Farm everything yourself?You do know the majority of players are casuals in WoW?What if they don't have an efficient guild to help them out with?
    Just spend half your time farming everything yourself when on a normal server you could actually just level up a profession,make a profit and buy everything you need right away?No it doesn't seem too bad.
    And you're actually right,the ah is the least of the problems players have on dead servers.

  9. #109
    Scarab Lord Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    4,991
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Simply because people will pay for it. No company will give away what the customers already pay for gladly.
    I doubt anyone pays for it 'gladly'..
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

  10. #110
    Elemental Lord Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,057
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Farm everything yourself?You do know the majority of players are casuals in WoW?
    If they're that casual, they are VERY unlikely to be raiding at least normals (of the current tier). You don't need gems/enchants/flasks/food for that.

    If they do raid, they should be getting the stuff from their guild.

    If they're casual, raid, and DON'T get stuff from their guild... Well that population is smaller than the players on dead servers. I say tough shit to them for not having the time to do LFR to get gold for the shit you "need". BUT HEY, AT LEAST YOU DON'T NEED TO SPEND REAL LIFE MONEY FOR IT!

    Progression pre-nerfed: [T17] 6/7H; 0/10N

  11. #111
    The gold thing matters because the more you have, the easier it is to dominate a market. If that's your route over being an ass to the population, a couple server hops and investments can take you from far and away from the gold cap to gold cap on at least one toon. If transfers were free, you just plot them out and when you've made a good nest egg, you settle down and just focus on one realm's economy. Suddenly flasks are 500g each because you have enough gold to purchase EVERY flask listed under your price. A couple million gold will get you very far. Flasks being so expensive means herbalists are going to raise the herb price. It changes a player's mind set about giving a buddy a 60g flask or a 500g flask. Herbs being so expensive raises the price of glyphs. All that crap is more expensive now so the other professions need to make more money so gems climb a little. It's all connected and yeah it could take a month but guess what? By the time everyone is charging 500g for flasks and your cheaply bought supply is gone, you can transfer again.
    I can't tell you who I am, but I can tell you who I'm not.

  12. #112

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Semantics, maybe, but I don't think Blizzard goes back on their word so much as people take their word as Set-In-Stone-Forever. Blizzard makes choices for WoW based on the current game circumstances. Sometimes it makes sense to do things one way but there can always be a time when it makes sense to do things another way. Frankly I think it's a positive sign when a company is willing to change and adapt. Being inflexible for the sake of being inflexible is silly.

    In the past, it didn't make sense to offer free or cheap faction transfers. People were willing to pay the money, there weren't a lot of dead servers, people didn't have a lot of alts to transfer, and there were enough players in the game to cover all the servers. But it isn't that game anymore. Empty servers are no longer seen as a cool new place to start fresh and build a community -- they are established servers whose population has died or is rapidly falling. Most players have an entire team of high level alts with years of history behind them and transferring all of them is an insurmountable cost. Many players would rather quit than play on a dead realm or shell out a hundred bucks to transfer their favourite characters.

    In other words, Blizzards transfer cost and policy made sense in the past but it no longer does. It would be laudable, not wishwashy, for them to change their policy now.
    This would make sense bc business is not a static entity for it is continuously evolving and you either adapt to the change at hand or you may go to the wayside. Hell talk about dead my server when I played was/is Warsong which has the lowest population I think out of all servers. It is the mother of all emptiness .

  13. #113
    Elemental Lord Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,057
    Quote Originally Posted by NotLuto View Post
    The gold thing matters because the more you have, the easier it is to dominate a market. If that's your route over being an ass to the population, a couple server hops and investments can take you from far and away from the gold cap to gold cap on at least one toon. If transfers were free, you just plot them out and when you've made a good nest egg, you settle down and just focus on one realm's economy. Suddenly flasks are 500g each because you have enough gold to purchase EVERY flask listed under your price. A couple million gold will get you very far. Flasks being so expensive means herbalists are going to raise the herb price. It changes a player's mind set about giving a buddy a 60g flask or a 500g flask. Herbs being so expensive raises the price of glyphs. All that crap is more expensive now so the other professions need to make more money so gems climb a little. It's all connected and yeah it could take a month but guess what? By the time everyone is charging 500g for flasks and your cheaply bought supply is gone, you can transfer again.
    And then the market is BETTER.

    It won't suffer from its horrible deflation. Suddenly, players, even casuals, will make Herbalists in that scenario and make much more than the shitty 40g/stack they were making previous to this. A "dominated market" like the one in your example is actually a GOOD thing.

    Think about it logically. If you were selling flasks for 60g and suddenly now selling them for 499.99g (to undercut the "dominator" guy), you just made a ridiculously higher profit margin.

    On the buyer's side, you'll do one of two things: Start farming items to make money to buy flasks (or farm herbs to make flasks), or start farming items because you make a ton more money in general.

    Progression pre-nerfed: [T17] 6/7H; 0/10N

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    If they're that casual, they are VERY unlikely to be raiding at least normals (of the current tier). You don't need gems/enchants/flasks/food for that.

    If they do raid, they should be getting the stuff from their guild.

    If they're casual, raid, and DON'T get stuff from their guild... Well that population is smaller than the players on dead servers. I say tough shit to them for not having the time to do LFR to get gold for the shit you "need". BUT HEY, AT LEAST YOU DON'T NEED TO SPEND REAL LIFE MONEY FOR IT!
    How about they're casual as in they PvP and do LFR or pugs?Or they join a raiding that isn't looking for an extra players that wants all his enchants,gems,potions thrown at him for free?
    Are you saying LFR gold is enough income to pay for gems,enchants,potions,flasks and whatelse?This assuming we're talking about a normal server.
    Where prices aren't skyhigh because your auction house is healthy,or there's an outright number of items that are not even in the ah?

    Also did you forget that farming up gathering professions requires to go out there agaisnt world pvp in contested zones versus an enemy faction 1 to 8,1 to 6,god knows how dead your server or faction is?
    So are they still just to weak to man up and fix their problems or you're just someone who doesn't play on a dead server and you're ignorant of how truely problematic it is to be stuck on a dead server?

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    And then the market is BETTER.

    It won't suffer from its horrible deflation. Suddenly, players, even casuals, will make Herbalists in that scenario and make much more than the shitty 40g/stack they were making previous to this. A "dominated market" like the one in your example is actually a GOOD thing.

    Think about it logically. If you were selling flasks for 60g and suddenly now selling them for 499.99g (to undercut the "dominator" guy), you just made a ridiculously higher profit margin.

    On the buyer's side, you'll do one of two things: Start farming items to make money to buy flasks (or farm herbs to make flasks), or start farming items because you make a ton more money in general.
    Except "the world we live in" and "the society" we're a part of does not share this mind set. We all want to make more money, but we don't want to work more or harder for it. And since those mindsets are applied to a similiar but very different economy and world, it doesn't work out that way. You'll have the opportunistic FotM rerollers who will drop LW and BS to pick up herb and alch to cash in on the market just causing a new crash very soon after. By the time the more casual players catch on, the market is coming down and you're off on your merry way to a new realm or a new niche. This would happen on both factions on almost every realm. Free xfers frequently would be plotted. It would take materials off one realm and moved to another to cash in, raising one market on one realm, crashing one on another.
    I can't tell you who I am, but I can tell you who I'm not.

  16. #116
    Elemental Lord Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,057
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    How about they're casual as in they PvP and do LFR or pugs?Or they join a raiding that isn't looking for an extra players that wants all his enchants,gems,potions thrown at him for free?
    Are you saying LFR gold is enough income to pay for gems,enchants,potions,flasks and whatelse?This assuming we're talking about a normal server.
    Where prices aren't skyhigh because your auction house is healthy,or there's an outright number of items that are not even in the ah?

    Also did you forget that farming up gathering professions requires to go out there agaisnt world pvp in contested zones versus an enemy faction 1 to 8,1 to 6,god knows how dead your server or faction is?
    So are they still just to weak to man up and fix their problems or you're just someone who doesn't play on a dead server and you're ignorant of how truely problematic it is to be stuck on a dead server?
    I mean, if you're stuck on an Alliance-dead PvP server, then yeah, it really sucks to be you and a transfer would fix that. I was referring to the market on NON DEAD SERVERS, as in, the repercussions of allowing a free transfer a month. Sorry you can't follow along with the discussion and chose to attack me instead. I never once argued anything about dead-server markets... Don't believe me? Go through all my posts on this page where I talked about the market. People argued that "markets on servers would crash because of this", as in NON dead servers. I disagree.

    A bad market is the LAST thing dead servers need to care about atm. A bad market on a healthy server as a PENALTY of fixing dead servers is a bad thing that needs to be taken into consideration. My idea to give a transfer a month may (will) cause some players to take advantage, and while they WILL be making a ton of gold, it should actually bring inflation (a GOOD thing) to many servers.

    Quote Originally Posted by NotLuto View Post
    Except "the world we live in" and "the society" we're a part of does not share this mind set. We all want to make more money, but we don't want to work more or harder for it. And since those mindsets are applied to a similiar but very different economy and world, it doesn't work out that way. You'll have the opportunistic FotM rerollers who will drop LW and BS to pick up herb and alch to cash in on the market just causing a new crash very soon after. By the time the more casual players catch on, the market is coming down and you're off on your merry way to a new realm or a new niche. This would happen on both factions on almost every realm. Free xfers frequently would be plotted. It would take materials off one realm and moved to another to cash in, raising one market on one realm, crashing one on another.
    TBH I really don't see how this is necessarily a bad thing. (at least in WoW where general currency can spawn from midair): Deflation ruins the economy. Inflation is a good thing.

    If people don't want to put ANY effort into their money pouch, tough shit to them.

    Case in point: I put little effort into my money-making. I'm sitting as a nice 500k atm because of how much money is simply thrown at me in my daily game time (which actually isn't that much nowadays)

    Progression pre-nerfed: [T17] 6/7H; 0/10N

  17. #117
    Tough shit to someone, or some someones, or the majority of someones doesn't make a game playable. Most things need to be able to be bought at a price that the majority of players can afford. Most players can't afford the 54k it costs for a BoE 522 crafted epic. Some can afford the 32k it costs if you gather the mats yourself. Some can only afford to gem and enchant their regular gear drops. The economy prices are, for the most part, driven by what's an acceptable price. If flasks hit 1000g they'd only be used on progression fights. As it stands at 60g, we pop them for fun in LFR and heroics to see bigger numbers.

    Also, good discussion with you, it's been fun. I'm out for a bit.
    I can't tell you who I am, but I can tell you who I'm not.

  18. #118
    Elemental Lord Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,057
    Quote Originally Posted by NotLuto View Post
    Tough shit to someone, or some someones, or the majority of someones doesn't make a game playable. Most things need to be able to be bought at a price that the majority of players can afford. Most players can't afford the 54k it costs for a BoE 522 crafted epic. Some can afford the 32k it costs if you gather the mats yourself. Some can only afford to gem and enchant their regular gear drops. The economy prices are, for the most part, driven by what's an acceptable price. If flasks hit 1000g they'd only be used on progression fights. As it stands at 60g, we pop them for fun in LFR and heroics to see bigger numbers.

    Also, good discussion with you, it's been fun. I'm out for a bit.
    No, I'm more or less saying tough shit to the dead server players because blizzard refuses to do ANYTHING about it as it stands. If you're on a Horde-dominated PvP realm, and you're Alliance, whelp, you chose a PvP realm. If it was PvE, then at least you wouldn't be ganked if you tried to do anything.

    So... Don't bother buying the crafted BoEs when you could probably just raid to get an even better piece, like tier? (And if you don't raid, AGAIN, WHY DO YOU NEED CRAFTED BoE 522s?!)

    Okay, but they're not MANDATORY for LFR. I'd even say, unless everyone's gear is pretty low, they aren't mandatory for Normals, though they help. For heroics though, you need every bit of help you can get til you get mostly heroic gear, and even then you'll still need the extra boost.

    Progression pre-nerfed: [T17] 6/7H; 0/10N

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    Player happiness is an indirect source of profit.
    Yes, but making every player happy will cause profits to drop like a rock to the bottom. Gotta balance player happiness with profit income.

    Also, a point nobody is mentioning: nearly every has THAT kind of player. The player whose sole purpose of being in game is to troll their own faction, ninja item drops from dungeons and pugs, and is an all-around ass to everyone. Once he's blacklisted by nearly every guild and player in a given server, free server transfer would allow him to hop to a different server, get a new race and/or faction and/or name, and presto! New beginning to troll and disrupt everyone's enjoyment of the game.

    Sig image by Best-Signatures.com

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yes, but making every player happy will cause profits to drop like a rock to the bottom. Gotta balance player happiness with profit income.

    Also, a point nobody is mentioning: nearly every has THAT kind of player. The player whose sole purpose of being in game is to troll their own faction, ninja item drops from dungeons and pugs, and is an all-around ass to everyone. Once he's blacklisted by nearly every guild and player in a given server, free server transfer would allow him to hop to a different server, get a new race and/or faction and/or name, and presto! New beginning to troll and disrupt everyone's enjoyment of the game.
    here we go again?
    we had this discussion the last 2 pages like really

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •