Diablo 1 fans should take a look at this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geAmYRWEz74

HD D1 conversion, with higher-res graphic, some new lighting effects and shit and some (very needed) quality of life improvements (waypoints, bigger belts). still early alpha but got me kinda excited.

similar thing for fallout1/2 has been around for quite some time now and it turned out pretty great.

i'm keeping and eye on this one.

Pretty cool, love these wierd internet things Never played Diablo1 myself, was just to young.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Doesn't look that much better,. and aside that - without the d2 "running", d1 will always feel way too slow paced.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Doesn't look that much better,. and aside that - without the d2 "running", d1 will always feel way too slow paced.
    game is almost 20 y/o, dont expect miracles. slow pace is actually part of it's charm/tense atmospere (not like in d2/3 when you get overwhelemed but you're like whatever - just gonna sprint the fuck out), althouh i do wish they added running/teleport for everyone in town for faster re-resuppling.

Looks good. Diablo 1 is my favourite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must... fight... nostlaiga

Otherwise really nice stuff
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it bad that the main thing I remember about D1 was the potion item dupe. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    ahahah ye, they never managed to fix this. i think it was some kind of hard-coded bug, unfixible unless they re-wrote half the game code. or something ;p

Oh man, that brings back memories of good days when games weren't about enslaving minds and making millions.
    Also, when story > gameplay > graphics, instead of graphics > gameplay > money > time waste > possible movie deal directed by Uwe Boll > a bunch of random crap > story.

Well to be honest, Diablo 1 didn't have such an amazing story, gameplay was pretty primitive/clunky compared to D2 which is pretty primitive/clunky compared to D3, and I find it hard to see how anyone could say that the main focus of D3 was graphics. There are other reasons why perhaps D2 is the best of the series, but certaintly not D1 (as much as I loved it).

This is pretty cool though, but I don't think I could play it for more than 30mins without getting bored, even that would only be for nostalgia reasons.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Potion item dupe? I always used 1 gold coin for duping. But for sure that's one of the things I most remember about D1. Also: The epic town music, the Butcher's and his room, and the AAA
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    Oh man, that brings back memories of good days when games weren't about enslaving minds and making millions.
    Also, when story > gameplay > graphics, instead of graphics > gameplay > money > time waste > possible movie deal directed by Uwe Boll > a bunch of random crap > story.
    Diablo 1 had an impressive story? It was pretty standard go into dungeon to defeat the evil floor by floor until you reach him. Diablo was actually more impressive in game play and graphics for its time then story.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    All I remember is the 2 players gold exploit. :P