Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb A new item color.

Greetings,

I have seen alot of threats about people saying that gear isn't as proudly anymore as in back in the days, because everyone can obtain them now.
    This is true that everyone is able to obtain a full epic set in like less then a week time, this doesn't make epics feel 'epic'.

But what about if blizzard came up with a new kind of color?

Let's say you got normal raiding, these items rewards you the standard Epics items.
    But let's now make it that Heroic raiding would give you 'Yellow' named items. (Or what color could fit it best)

With other colors maybe people will like gear more again? like old days?

And they can do this with more things.

Like special PvP gear where u need to have the best of the best ranks to obtain them.

What do you guys think how this will work out, or is this something that is just rubbish and shouldn't ever be added ingame?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Greetings,

I have seen alot of threats about people saying that gear isn't as proudly anymore as in back in the days, because everyone can obtain them now.
    This is true that everyone is able to obtain a full epic set in like less then a week time, this doesn't make epics feel 'epic'.

But what about if blizzard came up with a new kind of color?

Let's say you got normal raiding, these items rewards you the standard Epics items.
    But let's now make it that Heroic raiding would give you 'Yellow' named items. (Or what color could fit it best)

With other colors maybe people will like gear more again? like old days?

And they can do this with more things.

Like special PvP gear where u need to have the best of the best ranks to obtain them.

What do you guys think how this will work out, or is this something that is just rubbish and shouldn't ever be added ingame?
    No because we already have Legendaries (Orange) just not enough of them, they should make more Legendary items but indeed make them very hard (not impossible) to obtain.

Thunderforged is essentially the new prestigious gear.

I don't understand the "epics need to mean something" arguement.
    I know when I started playing back in Vanilla, I didn't care that the armor's name was purple, I cared that it was high level and from raid dungeons with neat bosses, and that it looked cool and was something I could try getting eventually.

That feeling hasn't left from wow, I don't pvp much and so when I see people on the Glad cloud serpent, I still think "Man that looks awesome, I wish I had the commitment to go after pvp mounts and titles". The same is true when I see meta-raid mounts.And in a similar fashion, when I run through low level areas, I don't get whispers saying "whoa where'd you get that x colored gear" I get questions asking cool looking weapons, or things like the golden lotus crane mounts.

Eventually you're going to loose some of that noobish awe. Raid gear isn't impressive to me anymore, not because raids and gearing are easy, but because I know where it comes from now, I've raided before, I've been at that level.

Having a swimming pool in your backyard seems lavish if you've never had one, but once you have one for a couple years it isn't such a big deal.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-05-10 at 09:28 PM.

Well the color "Red" is already available in guy for use on items, but most refer to these as Artifacts as they haven't been used yet. That's a possibility. Though the color argument is just something people use to try and when their argument when they know the thing they are arguing is pointless and doesn't make a difference at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Thunderforged is essentially the new prestigious gear.
    No, heroic still is.

You can be 1/12N and have a Thunderforged piece.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 05:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Well the color "Red" is already available in guy for use on items, but most refer to these as Artifacts as they haven't been used yet. That's a possibility. Though the color argument is just something people use to try and when their argument when they know the thing they are arguing is pointless and doesn't make a difference at all.
    I'm curious as to why Red isn't actually used.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thunderforge is still color epic, and even though it's difference it still feels exact same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    Raid Finder
    <none>
    Elite
    Thunderforged
    Heroic
    Heroic Thunderforged

There are already six kinds of epics for 5.2, you really think a new colour is different to this?

edit: oh wait, they didn't put in any elites for throne of thunder did they shame. still, that is five kinds :P
    I think people would be more proud if thunderforged items and/or elite items are colored in Yellow names then in epic, because then they got a diff color items too :P

More elitism isn't conducive to creating the social relationships on which a MMO seeks to create.

Red would be fuckin sweet as fuck...

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    More elitism isn't conducive to creating the social relationships on which a MMO seeks to create.

Because LFR has contributed so much to the social relationships for a mmo? Ironically the social bond was MUCH higher in BC when people had to work together to accomplish something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    Because LFR has contributed so much to the social relationships for a mmo? Ironically the social bond was MUCH higher in BC when people had to work together to accomplish something.
    Blizzard is doing their best though to get that back.
    Like Challenge mode you MUST communicate or else you won't get anywhere.
    Heroic Scenarios i heard you need a good decent group aswell.

So they are going back to communicating, and yes there will still be plenty of things that u can do alone.
    But it's something

I wouldn't see why not, IL is colour independent anyway. Would feel new though, I vote for red as new colour

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Blizzard is doing their best though to get that back.
    Like Challenge mode you MUST communicate or else you won't get anywhere.
    Heroic Scenarios i heard you need a good decent group aswell.

So they are going back to communicating, and yes there will still be plenty of things that u can do alone.
    But it's something
    Both of which are aimed at coordinated groups which people then go ahead and call elitism .. OMG getting something for working for it.

What I am trying to say is the game actually fared better when people had to work for what they received. The community was better and the game grew. Now its in a steady state of decline.

Someone needs to make an addon that changes:

Item Name [purple]
    Raid Finder [green]

into

Item Name [blue]

... and:

Item Name [purple]
    Heroic [green]

into

Item Name [orange]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    Both of which are aimed at coordinated groups which people then go ahead and call elitism .. OMG getting something for working for it.

What I am trying to say is the game actually fared better when people had to work for what they received. The community was better and the game grew. Now its in a steady state of decline.
    The players in Vanilla weren't casuals either, so it's about the same.

Dosent red currently mean that your gear is broken? I for one do not want all broken gear :P
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Dosent red currently mean that your gear is broken? I for one do not want all broken gear :P
    That's the gear icon being shaded red. Ingame they do have some items that were datamined at some point where it would say the item name and it was red instead of grey/white/green/blue/purple/orange.

New colors:

Eggshell :: The tier between vendor trash and whites

Seagreen :: A step between greens and blues to make you feel that much luckier when your potion of luck hooks you up

Fuscia :: The new LFR drop, cuz you are not 1337 enough to get real purples, YOU CASUAL PIECE OF SHIT!

Burnt Sienna :: The new thunderforged drop. It's basically a euphemism for poop brown, specifically to remind you that you are now licensed to talk shit to LFR scrubs and less fortunate normal mode raiders, but also what you deserve to hear from everyone else for being so conceited.

But what I really think should happen, is that all gear should have the same font color. Because are DPS meter posts in a public channel not the best way to whip out your uncircumcised, blue veined E-peen to show the world?
    Last edited by Mikey P; 2013-05-10 at 10:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey P View Post
    New colors:

Eggshell :: The tier between vendor trash and whites

Seagreen :: A step between greens and blues to make you feel that much luckier when your potion of luck hooks you up

Fuscia :: The new LFR drop, cuz you are not 1337 enough to get real purples, YOU CASUAL PIECE OF SHIT!

Burnt Sienna :: The new thunderforged drop. It's basically a euphemism for poop brown, specifically to remind you that you are now licensed to talk shit to LFR scrubs and less fortunate normal mode raiders, but also what you deserve to hear from everyone else for being so conceited.
    Got to admit, that made me Laugh out loud

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if the gear is rainbow colored. It means nothing to me as far as difficulty goes, really. All purple means is that it has superior stats to blue, and far superior stats to green. It doesn't have spit to do with how hard or easy it is to get. Raiding = purples. Doesn't matter if it's LFR, Normal, Heroic, Hardmode, one hand tied behind your back, bosses are cheating, I don't give a fuck. Dungeons typically give blues, quests give greens. While there is a difficulty disparity between those, I get tired of people complaining that LFR gives epics even though it's 'easymode'. It's still raiding. Raiding gives epics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.