43 23.76%
  • Once in a while with friends

60 33.15%
  • No, I don't role-play

78 43.09%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Poll: Do you Role Play?

Wow is a role playing game after all so I'm curious as to how many people still RP. Don't be ashamed if you do, I myself do not RP but I find that level of immersion in any game to be interesting and commendable that you can enjoy it in ways others can't. Tell us your stories if you do role play.

I like for my characters to have RP names but I don't RP.
    Zhulrak
    Kil'jaeden-US

I used to, but unfortunately it's shriveled up to a nonexistent aspect of the game now.

Feathermoon has only a handful of active RP guilds now, I'm afraid and I don't have it in my heart to leave my guild for them (plus they're namby pamby neutral position guilds rather than supporting war against the Horde).

P.S. Those active RP guilds who know I'm referring to them as namby pamby should be aware I luvs them lots and mean no offense and am being light hearted and jovial with that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhulrak View Post
    You're my favorite kind of non-RPer. Horrible names drive me nuts, especially on RP realms (where I'm totally cool with non-RPers being).

10+ Year Old Account
    I do as much as i can, Sadly alot of people are haters.
    If i RP on my server with some friends then alot of people will walk around and say 'FAGGOTS'
    But in general i love WoW RP

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 11:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I used to, but unfortunately it's shriveled up to a nonexistent aspect of the game now.

Feathermoon has only a handful of active RP guilds now, I'm afraid and I don't have it in my heart to leave my guild for them (plus they're namby pamby neutral position guilds rather than supporting war against the Horde).

P.S. Those active RP guilds who know I'm referring to them as namby pamby should be aware I luvs them lots and mean no offense and am being light hearted and jovial with that comment.
    There are daily massive RP events still but ofcourse be on a RP server then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zhulrak View Post
    You're my favorite kind of non-RPer. Horrible names drive me nuts, especially on RP realms (where I'm totally cool with non-RPers being).

lolno, RP is for nerds. (I realize this is ironic.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I do as much as i can, Sadly alot of people are haters.
    If i RP on my server with some friends then alot of people will walk around and say 'FAGGOTS'
    But in general i love WoW RP

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 11:25 PM ----------

There are daily massive RP events still but ofcourse be on a RP server then.
    Honestly that's terrible and blizzard should perma ban any idiot that would ever use such terrible and vicious language toward another player.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Well, yeah, but "we rock nerd life."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Those kinds like you i hate :3, nothing personal ofcourse but people looking down to RP is such awfull :3

Unfortunately I haven't had much time, or much drive, to RP, but it was one of my favorite things to do in and out of game.

Also... you DO know we have an RP forum here, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I do.. when its possible. On argent dawn EU. But lately the rp crowd has gotten less and less, you see them in cities and occationally around hubs, but not like before

Thing that pisses me off, are people playing on rp realms, and contributing nothing to it, either trolling, being hardcore raiders or pvpers, and yet never rping, or downloading rp addons to interact with.. WHAT is the point of that? Its like a none pvper playing on a pvp realm and complaining when he gets ganked.
    #boycottchina

I did once and I like to keep my names fairly RP'ish. Now I just don't feel like taking the time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Those kinds like you i hate :3, nothing personal ofcourse but people looking down to RP is such awfull :3
    I guess the irony is with people that dismiss role playing as bad that they play characters that they identify with.

If you have ever said "I am a paladin" or "I'm an Orc" etc then that's a form of role playing.
    Last edited by Snakehead; 2013-05-10 at 09:37 PM. Reason: iPads are retarded and like to autocorrect every fucking word

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    I guess the irony is with people that dismiss role playing as batens that they play characters that they identify with.

If you have ever said "I am a paladin" or "I'm an Orc" etc then that's a form of role playing.
    I roleplay with almost everything i do :P
    I was just doing Wintergrasp today and i was RP leading the whole group:P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't roleplay, but I don't think it's lame either. I don't really get the hate for it; it's just live-action story-telling.

I do find it amusing that there is a huge overlap between people who mock roleplayers and those who have extreme faction or class pride. Either you're roleplaying, homeslice, or you take the game way too seriously.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't roleplay, but I don't think it's lame either. I don't really get the hate for it; it's just live-action story-telling.

I do find it amusing that there is a huge overlap between people who mock roleplayers and those who have extreme faction or class pride. Either you're roleplaying, homeslice, or you take the game way too seriously.
    It's not a game.. It's a world

Get this person a cookie because they get it. You can't bash role players and then completely identify with the character, faction, race, class, role you play because you are role playing to an extent yourself jack.

RP guilds keep me playing when I'd otherwise be bored and lose interest in the game. <3 I can't even level a character if I don't like them as intheir look, their themes, their class, their personality, their story, their name, etc. It flexes my creative muscles as a writer. Improv is challenging and keeps my mind engaged.

Plus it's an RPG game. Even when I don't actively RP, I'm technically RPing. To each their own though. I think hardcore raiding-aka beating your head against mechanics for leet pride purposes-is boring and obnoxious as hell. /shrug

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 03:45 PM ----------

Also, so much this, lol!

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play on rp realm, however i like to pick race that fit to class, also name that fit to race, as well as choose nice transmog , for example barbarian looking armor for my orc warrior, and some Blood Knight color-themed set for my Blood Elf Paladin.

I'm going to publicly oust you, Tziva. She used to RP. Kinda. In fact, her "RP" is one of my favorite memories from Wrath.

I had found that druid dressed in the murloc suit in Borean Tundra and the following was said in guild.

Faroth: Um, Tziva, there's a fellow here saying he's the king of murlocs.
    Tziva: He's a liar. Stab him in the face. Twice!

(Tziva rocked the murloc suit from Blizzcon before raids in TBC. She was the murloc queen.)