Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I will say I've seen some pretty crazy numbers on the ptr just tonight while attempting to test ret in PvP and failing miserably I decided to see just how much damage the class is really capable of so I paid a visit to a dummy in my PvP set and was rather surprised to see my first templar's verdict did a total of 683k.

Now while this is in fact on a dummy you can imagine just how painful that would be in PvP with 31% pvpP on top of that after resil and to top it off this was with no outside buffs simply normal cool downs and might.

For those looking to try this I use t15 4pc with tyrant head and my gems of choice are str/mastery, pure mastery, and mastery/pvpP as well reforging mastery > crit > haste.

Deleted
    5.3 was not supposed to fix it because they dont think there is anything wrong
    I dont expect any good major changes to PVP in this expansions. (burst,cc,self healing of some classes)

Mastery is the best stat for Chaos Bolt and Shadowburn damage on PTR, it also increases ember tap healing. Overall it may not be best, incinerate etc but most people on PTR are so bad you usually only need the big guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Mastery is the best stat for Chaos Bolt and Shadowburn damage on PTR, it also increases ember tap healing. Overall it may not be best, incinerate etc but most people on PTR are so bad you usually only need the big guns.
    Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2acJtbiGA0g

I think it's safe to say warlocks will be gemming intellect. I cant think of a dps class which will go for something else than main stat really, maybe fire mage and so on. It's even better than resilience.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ill give you this hint, 5.4 wont fix it either, neither will 6.0
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Some possibilities-

A) The players in question are in 522+ PvE gear, and fighting in world pvp (which seems to be what you are doing). These players have a significantly higher stat budget/weapon damage then players in 496 PvP gear, and, with the PvP Power nerfs, do about 30% more damage to such players, not counting various tier set bonuses/uber powerful trinkets.

B) OP's PvP resilience is bugged at previous 40% baseline. Possible since this is a PTR
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Retador View Post
    that lock hit me by 63k-86k shadow burn none crit, if the shadow burn does not kill me, all he needs to do is press it again

Ghostcrowler says all classes needs to be unique.
    Assessination Rogue's Dispatch: 23k-46k depending on the target's armor, 43-67k crit depending on armor, warrior's execute hits for 40k-60k none crit, 80k-130k crit, hutner's killshot 30k-60k i dont know if crit or flat, all i know is not overpower as it was on wrath, paladin's hammer of wrath, well on my paladin, hits for about 25-45k cus is holy, but i had been hit for 80k, most of the time 60k

now all classes have stuns,

finishing moves that are allowed to use at 20% of the enemy health should not deal 50% of the enemy health. not even 30%

Not seeing how this matters in pvp. If you're at 20% hp, and you have say 50k hp left, what would it matter if that ability did 60k vs. 500k? You're still going to die.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can heal 110k in x seconds. I can't heal more than my player's maximum health.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Not seeing how this matters in pvp. If you're at 20% hp, and you have say 50k hp left, what would it matter if that ability did 60k vs. 500k? You're still going to die.
    People said the same thing about wrath killshot didn't stop it from being nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    if does matter if you have a damage taken reduce buff or absorb like power word: shield, a reflected shadow burn could kill the caster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovansjo View Post
    That answer was just... Did you even try to answer his question?

If you'd ask me what I prefer, vanilla or chocolate, can I answer "Yes!"?