10+ Year Old Account

PW:S crit addon?

Hey guys
    Is there an addon that shows when PW:S crits?
    I cant seem to find anything but I think its more to do with the search words im using

Cheers

Why would you like to have an addon for that? If I'm not mistaken, Divine Aegis won't trigger from PW:S... so why is it important to know when it crits?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    Why would you like to have an addon for that? If I'm not mistaken, Divine Aegis won't trigger from PW:S... so why is it important to know when it crits?
    For people running the bleeding minimum of Spirit to complete encounters, a crit PW:S can wreck their chance at getting a Rapture proc and by extension their mana. I myself wished I could tell if my PW:S crit or not so I could intentionally stand at the correct distance during Lei Shen to just barely break it.

There isn't one that I know of anymore. When the 4pc bonus from T13 did the same thing, you used to be able to make Miks SCT notify you because there was an actual proc (time slip) involved in doing such things. I do not believe that there are any underlying procs for that now since its just like any other crit calculation, so I don't know if there is any real way to make an addon track this. I suppose you could get really precise with an absorb tracking addon and make it light up a certain color with a certain amount of absorbs that equal a PWS crit, but I doubt you could make that work well with the crap ton of other absorbs floating around nowadays.

In terms of trying to figure out how much spirit to have, it is far too subjective since its going to vary based on role, healer comp, playstyle and trinkets. I FINALLY got my hands on a HLG this week, so with that and a Legendary Meta, I sit at around 12.5k when using spirit flask/food, but that is mainly for 25M H Lei Shen progression. Once we get him down, I'll probably just switch to Int flask/food which puts me around 10.8k spirit. Until you get at least the trinket or meta gem, I personally wouldn't go below 12k spirit unbuffed in a H 25M fight, unless you have an rsham or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Asyra View Post
    I sit at around 12.5k when using spirit flask/food, but that is mainly for 25M H Lei Shen progression.
    Why would you use a spirit flask and food, sacrificing 1620 intellect for 1620 spirit? Especially as an alchemist, you're pretty much halving your profession bonus. If you need the extra spirit, it is far better to either reforge more spirit or gem more spirit.

OT: What are you using for your raid frames? Most have an option to show you the amount of absorbs, although this will show every absorb so it might not work for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use vuhdo as my frames which can show when a shield is up obviously but pretty much as Espoire said.

Quote Originally Posted by Einai View Post
    Why would you use a spirit flask and food, sacrificing 1620 intellect for 1620 spirit? Especially as an alchemist, you're pretty much halving your profession bonus. If you need the extra spirit, it is far better to either reforge more spirit or gem more spirit.
    Because I don't feel like regemming/reforging for just one fight when I don't need to?

You can use Ingela's Absorb Tracker to see the amount of your shield on your target, mouseover, self, or focus. Just make sure to disable all the other absorbs. It won't necessarily tell you that your shield crit, but it will tell you exactly the amount remaining on your shield.

Because I don't feel like regemming/reforging for just one fight when I don't need to?
    This is a terrible attitude to have for someone working on heroic Lei Shen. This "just one fight" is something that you are going to spend many, many wipes on. You're too lazy to go reforge for 10 seconds? I would say that 1620 intellect is something that you NEED.
    Last edited by Einai; 2013-05-11 at 09:12 AM.

Deleted
    you can't tell when shield crit's...because game isn't taking that as crit, but only as absorb with double amount...because of that WoL is not showing critical shileds etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheers for the replies guys, Will give Ingela's a try

Quote Originally Posted by Einai View Post
    This is a terrible attitude to have for someone working on heroic Lei Shen. This "just one fight" is something that you are going to spend many, many wipes on. You're too lazy to go reforge for 10 seconds? I would say that 1620 intellect is something that you NEED.
    Yes, because 1620 int is GAMEBREAKING....oh wait....Considering we are working on P3 already, it clearly isn't a problem.

Deleted
    Yes, because 1620 int is GAMEBREAKING....oh wait....Considering we are working on P3 already, it clearly isn't a problem.
    No wonder its taken you this long to get there with that attitude ^^

just sayin'

Deleted
    I agree, running spirit flask and food this tier, you are not doing your raid any favour. gem/reforge the amount you need and go all out int.

^ math is math
    Invasmanì - 13/13 25 Men

I mean, you gear for the fight you're progressing on. It's far better to have enough spirit for lei shen without spirit flask/food and have too much spirit for farm fights than to gear for the farm fights and run sub-optimal for the progression. As long as you're not in blues, spirit flask is never an option.

Deleted
    As other people said, these things do not actually count as crits, which makes them pretty hard to track. The best thing you can do is probably just getting an addon to show absorb amounts. They are pretty useful anyway for healing in some cases, I mean it might make a big difference if the shield on your tank is 300k or 1k, especially if his health is low.