Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Blizzcon Q&A's This Year - Boiling pot ready to blow?

    Just looking back at the level of frustration with the community, what are people's thoughts on how the Q&As will go down this year? Every Blizzcon there are a couple testy questions where something stupid is done by Blizzard and they get called out on it. This year though seems the frustration is just at an all time high. With regards to how WOW has been handled to the problems we are all familiar with when it comes to Diablo.

    I definitely don't condone being an ass towards Devs for the sake of just being mean, but it does seem that a few need to get slapped to take theirs heads out of the sand and pay attention to what is being said.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    The Diablo 3 Panel is going to be especially interesting.

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,467
    I heard Diablo 3 is doing pretty decent right now, I don't think haters will pay that much amount of money just to talk trash towards blizzard ;p
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

  4. #4
    Scarab Lord Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    4,587
    I doubt the usual panel will even still be on WoW by the time Blizzcon rolls around.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I heard Diablo 3 is doing pretty decent right now, I don't think haters will pay that much amount of money just to talk trash towards blizzard ;p
    Are you on meth? Have you seen the news lately?
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Are you on meth? Have you seen the news lately?
    haters like to complain for free, while fanboys like to pay to suck up.

    you'll find many many more fanboys willing to go to blizzcon than haters.

    I am leaning towards fanboy, yet I'm not enough of a fanboy to pay that huge price and travel all the way to the US just to go to blizzcon, so I'll be happy with the virtual ticket
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,851
    considering the price on blizzcon tickets, people who don't like the games are not that likely to go to blizzcon, so i don't expect anyone more than usual.
    dragonmaw - EU

  7. #7
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,842
    It's months away. There will be at least six--count them--different things that everyone will be outraged about between now and then.

    And really: do a lot of people really spend however much it is per ticket to get in just so they have a miniscule chance of asking a question?

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 03:13 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Are you on meth? Have you seen the news lately?
    Which news? The news that after many months it's still the #2 selling PC game in the world? That's the most recent news about D3 that I've read. Honestly, they'll do a slide show on the expansion, probably mention the words 'itemization', 'new acts', and likely 'ladder' and people will fall all over themselves to congratulate Blizzard on doing a fine job. I still believe that the absolute best thing they could do to sell the expansion is to reskin D2 with the D3 art, leave the rest alone and include it as a bonus. But I wander off-topic.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-05-10 at 10:17 PM.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  8. #8
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,844
    D3 is doing just fine. There are 4 times as many open games during primetime now than there were half a year ago.

  9. #9
    Scarab Lord Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    4,587
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Which news? The news that after many months it's still the #2 selling PC game in the world? That's the most recent news about D3 that I've read.

    The gold dupe that trashed the economy?
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

  10. #10
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    The gold dupe that trashed the economy?
    Oh, the reason the AH is down. News like that isn't really a priority with me since I've found that everything is much better once you check out of the economy altogether. Back to the topic though: From what I've seen of the typical D3 hater, they'll have even more than six--count them, six--outrages to head for the fainting couch about before November rolls around. Seriously, it's six months away.

    The typical D3 complainer and long attention spans don't really crop up often in the same thought.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Which news? The news that after many months it's still the #2 selling PC game in the world? That's the most recent news about D3 that I've read. Honestly, they'll do a slide show on the expansion, probably mention the words 'itemization', 'new acts', and likely 'ladder' and people will fall all over themselves to congratulate Blizzard on doing a fine job. I still believe that the absolute best thing they could do to sell the expansion is to reskin D2 with the D3 art, leave the rest alone and include it as a bonus. But I wander off-topic.
    It is not the number 2 selling PC game it was in the top 10 which is still impressive.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Oh, the reason the AH is down. News like that isn't really a priority with me since I've found that everything is much better once you check out of the economy altogether. Back to the topic though: From what I've seen of the typical D3 hater, they'll have even more than six--count them, six--outrages to head for the fainting couch about before November rolls around. Seriously, it's six months away.

    The typical D3 complainer and long attention spans don't really crop up often in the same thought.
    I am having a blast playing D3 right now. Its in a much better place than it was at launch. The gold dupe on US realms brought the AH down, but they are working on it and should be fixed soon.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 10:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    It is not the number 2 selling PC game it was in the top 10 which is still impressive.
    According to Blizzards financial call it is.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    According to Blizzards financial call it is.
    No it is not, according MMO-C's reporting of the call it was, which I note has now been removed from the front page, what was actually in the report was "For the first quarter, Blizzard Entertainment had two top - 10 PC titles in both North America and Europe with Blizzard Entertainment’s StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm and Diablo ® III" Nowhere does it say that D3 is the number two selling game and neither does it say that SC2: HOTS is the number one selling game, so they might want to remove that from the front page as well.

  14. #14
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    It is not the number 2 selling PC game it was in the top 10 which is still impressive.
    For the first quarter of 2013, Blizzard says it is. It's on you to prove them wrong.

    OK then.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    For the first quarter of 2013, Blizzard says it is. It's on you to prove them wrong.
    Oh no, Blizzard don't!

  16. #16
    Immortal Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    7,388
    Quote Originally Posted by atrixx View Post
    I definitely don't condone being an ass towards Devs for the sake of just being mean, but it does seem that a few need to get slapped to take theirs heads out of the sand and pay attention to what is being said.

    Thoughts?
    Ghostcrawler, Christ Metzen, and whoever designed the talents (ESPECIALLY MAGE L90 TALENTS >:C) deserve a good slap.

    Whoever's idea it was to allow Jay Wilson to lead anything deserves to be shanked.

    Whoever hired that new guy to lead D3 deserves a raise from what I've heard. D3 is slowly going up. WoW is quickly going down.

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (I'll only accept with notice/name is recognizable)

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Alceus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wolf's' Den
    Posts
    3,637
    I hope we have some knights to show blizzard some

    I m willing to bet that this year we will have some fireworks to watch
    Frostwolf clan is best clan!
    Tauren Shaman - Pandaren Monk - Orc Hunter - Troll Druid

  18. #18
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,329
    I hope someone calls them out on the terrible PvP of MoP, although they've made a lot of changes in 5.3 to *hopefully* balance stuff out.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    haters like to complain for free, while fanboys like to pay to suck up.

    you'll find many many more fanboys willing to go to blizzcon than haters.

    I am leaning towards fanboy, yet I'm not enough of a fanboy to pay that huge price and travel all the way to the US just to go to blizzcon, so I'll be happy with the virtual ticket
    I was gonna to make some snarky comment about how you're wrong, but what you said actually makes sense. The ticket prices alone will weed out a lot of the haters.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Ghostcrawler, Christ Metzen, and whoever designed the talents (ESPECIALLY MAGE L90 TALENTS >:C) deserve a good slap.

    Whoever's idea it was to allow Jay Wilson to lead anything deserves to be shanked.

    Whoever hired that new guy to lead D3 deserves a raise from what I've heard. D3 is slowly going up. WoW is quickly going down.
    Jay Wilson was lead designer for the Original Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War, which was a pretty great game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •