Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Sensitive mods at wow general forum...

I simply made a post saying I unsubed and some suggestion on how to improve the product to it once was. Even saying the usub was not permanent and hopefully improvement will be made.

The post got deleted a minute later.

So blizzard is now informing these moderators to quickly get rid of any post related to this huge elephant in the room. I've seen 100 times worse I quit threads. Mine was very informed and civil. They seem to be trying to control an inevitable situation with more bad decisions. I know now one thing for sure. The wow forums is riddled with fake blizz employee posters trying to herd the sheep into profitable ideas. The very thing they can not admit is the thing that is destroying them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its attitudes like that, and the snobby "i know it all" attitude from GC that has helped the WoW subs to fall off the cliff.

10+ Year Old Account
    There must have been a reason for a deletion.

I bet you named the things 'WoW has died', 'PvP is unballanced' or anything to that trend

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its attitudes like that, and the snobby "i know it all" attitude from GC that has helped the WoW subs to fall off the cliff.
    Why that? Like millions of people care about that, People care about Gameplay mostly, not the attitude of Dev's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

I swear nothing like that. It was a very kind post because I don't hate or blame anybody for the condition of the game, but maybe I hit the spot with my evaluation.

I think it is just the mods trying to keep ppl from further "poisoning the well" so to speak w/ the amount of sub losses they've experienced this past quarter. That's just my opinion and we all know what they say about those.

I'm testing it out right now lol, gonna see how fast my post gets deleted (it talks about how the game got watered down).

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit threads aren't allowed here either. We would have just closed it but the overall effect is the same.

This wasn't an I quit post. It was an usubbing post. Which I thought was a bit more appropriate for the timing. In no way shape or form was it a rant, but I do agree with them trying to stop the poisoning of the well, but how are you going to hide something that is so obvious right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Darsithis said along with the addition that if I spent maybe 20 seconds looking for it I'll bet I could find an already existing thread to put those sentiments into without creating yet another thread that essentially duplicates several others. As often as not thread deletion is about that as much as anything. 'Unsubbing' versus 'I quit' is just parsing words.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Are you kidding? So I suppose the wow community is a paragon of integrity and open mindedness? Its common knowledge that GC answers back to the wow community with the same negative BS they've been throwing at them for years.
    What goes around comes around.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I simply made a post saying I unsubed and some suggestion on how to improve the product to it once was. Even saying the usub was not permanent and hopefully improvement will be made.

The post got deleted a minute later.

So blizzard is now informing these moderators to quickly get rid of any post related to this huge elephant in the room. I've seen 100 times worse I quit threads. Mine was very informed and civil. They seem to be trying to control an inevitable situation with more bad decisions. I know now one thing for sure. The wow forums is riddled with fake blizz employee posters trying to herd the sheep into profitable ideas. The very thing they can not admit is the thing that is destroying them.
    I may hazard a guess that your post was deleted because there's 200 more exactly like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I quit threads aren't allowed here either. We would have just closed it but the overall effect is the same.
    This.

However, how is anyone surprised that they are especially testy as of late? If my job could be in jeopardy (don't get carried away by that) then I wouldn't be very happy either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    This.

However, how is anyone surprised that they are especially testy as of late? If my job could be in jeopardy (don't get carried away by that) then I wouldn't be very happy either.
    I don't think anyone at blizzard's job is at state outside those who might work in China since China is about to die out of subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you freeze your account, you basically get asked "why are you leaving us?" and get to leave your feedback.
    So why would you need to make a forum post doing the same thing.

Post like that are just going to get overwhelmed by trolls and flaming anyway, and get closed. Why people feel the need to announce to the world that they are unsubscribing, quitting or whatever is rather strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Why that? Like millions of people care about that, People care about Gameplay mostly, not the attitude of Dev's.
    You'd be GREATLY surprised. GC's assholishness and "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude definitely doesn't help, in addition to the decreasing "fun"/content in the game.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Are you kidding? So I suppose the wow community is a paragon of integrity and open mindedness? Its common knowledge that GC answers back to the wow community with the same negative BS they've been throwing at them for years.
    What goes around comes around.
    I am not a GC hater, but I think customer service and game masters are way different than they used to be. Game masters used to be a part of the community for feedback and to have fun with them all while helping with issues. Now it's like calling a help line for any other company. Community is was made this game, and unfortunately the way the game is structured (even kicking players) is not working. When the community policed itself it was a much better situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    You'd be GREATLY surprised. GC's assholishness and "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude definitely doesn't help, in addition to the decreasing "fun"/content in the game.
    GC is 1 of the dev's there are more then just 1 remember that. I still love them all, Especially Chris Metzen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I don't think anyone at blizzard's job is at state outside those who might work in China since China is about to die out of subs.
    I'd say after two expansions of population loss, some person's head is inevitably going to roll. Or maybe in this case persons..

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    When you freeze your account, you basically get asked "why are you leaving us?" and get to leave your feedback.
    So why would you need to make a forum post doing the same thing.

Post like that are just going to get overwhelmed by trolls and flaming anyway, and get closed. Why people feel the need to announce to the world that they are unsubscribing, quitting or whatever is rather strange to me.
    Far from an announcement. More like good feedback. I've been playing since BC. I've seen all the changes, and have been a loyal good customer. Why wouldn't they want feedback, and it's not like the "why are you leaving us" questions are pertaining to good reasons.

I dont think it has anything to do with them being overly sensitive. Its likely them doing damage control. You and prob hundreds of others created similiar threads. So if i was to wander on those forums and all I saw was "wow sucks - unsubed" "WHY WOW IS FAILING" "WOW Down 1.3m subs lolz" etc my impressions arent going to be that great. People become a product of their environment, and if they are immersed in a forum where on each page there are 5+ posts saying why they unsubed, that thought will likely cross my mind.

Facade > Reality
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking