Missouri Movie Theater

So...this happened:

Iron Man 3 Publicity snafu

(huffington article)

The sort of thing that might sound good on paper...until someone accidentally gets shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    whos idea was that?! after what happened with the bat man screening who thought, why dont we send a man with a gun into the theatre!
    dragonmaw - EU

Actor with a fake gun in our movie theater? That's taking it to far.... Real armed strangers protecting our schools with real guns? Sure go ahead.
    -NRA
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2013-05-10 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow...we have some pansy-assed people in this country. They try to make it sound like there was only ONE person dressed up there, when in fact there were about 10-15, but nobody bothers to mention them, just the one guy who looks 'suspicious'. Never mind the fact how absolutely brainless this makes people look. No faith in the human race left at all to care, sorry. People seriously need to lighten the fuck up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The sort of thing that might sound good on paper...until someone accidentally gets shot.
    Nothing about this sounds like a good idea anywhere. You can't go into a crowded theater and yell "FIRE," why would you think it would be OK to hire an actor to do something like this? They are lucky no one was hurt and they should be thrown in jail to reflect upon how their actions effect the people around them. Just goes to show you some people make it to adulthood without actually becoming an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Actor with a fake gun in our movie theater? That's taking it to far.... Real armed strangers protecting our school with real guns? Sure go ahead. -NRA
    Nail meet head, courtesy of Shop Ebay.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

HAHA what a bunch of morons. that theater is about a 10 miles from where i live.

What is someone was carrying a legally concealed pistol and shot the person pulling this stunt.

The fact that people would even be scared of seeing something like that in a theater is just wierd in my opinion. If i ever saw something like that in a theater my first reaction would be "Hey, must be some kind of show".

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    What is someone was carrying a legally concealed pistol and shot the person pulling this stunt.
    Then he would earn a Darwin Award and hopefully get convicted of murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    The fact that people would even be scared of seeing something like that in a theater is just wierd in my opinion. If i ever saw something like that in a theater my first reaction would be "Hey, must be some kind of show".
    So we're just pretending no one would have the events of a certain other superhero opening weekend in the back of their mind, then?

What made him think that would be a good idea?

They're lucky nobody was carrying and decided to shoot the actor(s).

10+ Year Old Account
    Whose stupid idea was this?

This is a PR nightmare after the Aurora incident.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    How fucking stupid do you have to be to pull off something like this. I mean WTF.

I fail to see how the costumes half of those actors are wearing are even related to the film.

Deleted
    Go to a public event carrying a rifle, I see no downside....