Thread: CE Question

CE Question

There is a small computer shop in my equally small hometown that is selling a sealed CE of SWTOR for 45 bucks. This seems incredibly cheap and I've been wanting to give the game a serious try since the restrictions in the current F2P model kind of put me off, I know you guys may be biased, but would you recommend grabbing it and I'm going to assume that it comes with one free month of gameplay, is that correct? Thanks in advance.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's worth a price that low, though most places marked it down to $30 to get rid of them. Just for the physical items it's a good deal. It should come with a month free, but don't quote me on that since they've gone F2P. It does make your account preferred and comes with an authenticator as well.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    There is a small computer shop in my equally small hometown that is selling a sealed CE of SWTOR for 45 bucks. This seems incredibly cheap and I've been wanting to give the game a serious try since the restrictions in the current F2P model kind of put me off, I know you guys may be biased, but would you recommend grabbing it and I'm going to assume that it comes with one free month of gameplay, is that correct? Thanks in advance.
    Well..... I frankly loved the CE box... but apart from the statue, the authenticator and the story book, there is not yet this much ingame for CE owners. I remember myself thinking what Bioware would CE owner let purchase from the CE area and it was kinda underwhelming. However they seem to want to add more stuff so.... well but 30 or 45 bucks, I could think of worse ways to spend this kind of money.

heh you forgot to mention that CE is getting exclusive access to certain dyes in 2.1!

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    heh you forgot to mention that CE is getting exclusive access to certain dyes in 2.1!
    That is 'important' at this moment yeah. I would say that for the big box you will recieve, it surely is worth it. The nice Darth Malgus statue, which I keep dusting off.
    I'd say, go grab it. It's worth it for 45 bucks (most paid around 150 for it, if I'm not mistaken)

everytime I look at my darth malgus statue I cry...my cleaning lady broke the saber while cleaning, tried to make it look like she didnt...then denied it when I asked her about it...new cleaning lady! I got tired of trying to fix it so now I just do FE runs and everytime I finish malgus off by pushing over I just knock my statue off the desk.

everytime I look at my darth malgus statue I cry...my cleaning lady broke the saber while cleaning, tried to make it look like she didnt...then denied it when I asked her about it...new cleaning lady! I got tired of trying to fix it so now I just do FE runs and everytime I finish malgus off by pushing over I just knock my statue off the desk.
    haha amazing, I love it. My Malgus is still standing strong on top of my book shelf.

10+ Year Old Account
    if it's the full CE 45 is worth it just for the statue .

the F2P is CRAZY restrictive, but you can get by if all you want to do is try out the storylines (I recommend SI and IA, both cool)
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Yea, all 3 of them out of 48...

I picked it up today and Ill likely install it tomorrow and start my new adventure. Honestly really looking forward to it. Thanks for the feedback guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pensz View Post
    Yea, all 3 of them out of 48...
    I don't know the point of this post. Its 3 unique ones, out of a total of 48. The other 45 can be obtained by everyone where as the 3 from the CE vendor can't.

I am pretty sure if you buy one of the boxed copies still floating around (a new one not a resale mind you) you still get a month of "sub status" for free. You'll still have to input cc info when you create the account but you should still be able to cancel immediately after.