Offensive Healer?

I am a newer player to rift and I wanted to know if there is a rift soul that heals/supports by doing damage and is completely viable endgame? In WoW, the equivalent would be Mistweaver Monk and Discipline Priest, both can heal through doing damage, and aren't completely hindered by doing so.

You should roll a mage

Chloromancer (a Mage soul) does 80% or more of their healing by doing damage. Mistweavers and Disc Priests have some similarities but aren't as extreme. Personally I regularly go entire fights without casting a direct heal when playing my Mage.+

Yeah, not much to add besides ^

_ _
    Sentinels are bugged at the moment, Wrathful Exuberance was changed to hit for 75 % of the amount healed. It's just that it ignores valor (pvp damage reduction stat) and resist and most important of all - you can't LoS it. At least they disabled the 100 % of your max health heal to proc it... http://i.imgur.com/bfcequD.jpg (people made a justicar/sentinel hybrid to get as much health as possible) topping killing blows and damage as a healer....... Hitting for 3-4k damage every 1.5 seconds.

It's been going on since the 24/4 patch. 2 weeks.

Not my picture btw, it's taken from the official forums from one of the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Chloromancer (a Mage soul) does 80% or more of their healing by doing damage. Mistweavers and Disc Priests have some similarities but aren't as extreme. Personally I regularly go entire fights without casting a direct heal when playing my Mage.+
    This is true. When I heal, I use Healing Torrent and Resurgence at the pull then only Bloom and Essence Surge in times of movement or if I fat finger something. Flourish too if I feel like throwing out some aoe a bit. I'd go as far as to say it's more like 90% of heals are done through pewpewing as a Chloromancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Frimelda View Post
    I am a newer player to rift and I wanted to know if there is a rift soul that heals/supports by doing damage and is completely viable endgame? In WoW, the equivalent would be Mistweaver Monk and Discipline Priest, both can heal through doing damage, and aren't completely hindered by doing so.
    How do you define "viable endgame"? You mean for raiding?

There are Cleric melee souls that are incredibly survivable because the damage they do also provides healing, and also AoE healing. These are generally not favored for raiding though because their damage tends to be relatively low and damage taken is usually spikier whereas this healing comes in smaller and steady amounts. It's a very useful build for public rifts and zone invasions though where there are few dedicated healers, and so such AoE healing is a big benefit. And of course soloing while slower, tends to be very, very survivable.

Quote Originally Posted by Frimelda View Post
    For Mage, you can either be Chloromancer or Archon.

You said "support" so I'm hoping you realize there's 4 roles in Rift (T/H/DPS/Support), not three.

Chloros heal via damage done. I haven't played my mage (much) since SL, but it basically was/is exactly what you're looking for. I call MW Monk "Chloro-lite" when I play it.

Archons remove their own stats (via buffs) to give to others, then via damage, re-buff themselves to gain back the stats they took away. You have 5 (is it still) auras that last 5 minutes, and a semi-simple dps rotation to regain the stats. As well as a few very valuable raid CDs.

For Cleric you can be Defiler or an +Icar build.

Defiler is a new SL soul. You can DPS some with it, though it shines as what I call an "anti healing" soul. You link yourself to party/raid members and take then damage for them, then heal yourself. You do get a (tank) pet, though it's 100% stationary, and you can direct the damage it takes to you, the threatyou generate to it, and paired with a dps soul, throw some mean dps. My Cleric is only L52, but it's a fun class.

For the +Icar builds, someone might have to chime in on how viable they are, as I haven't played a ton since SL. Used to be basically anything paired with 12 Justicar could damage + heal at once. Some souls paired better than others, but yeah. Not sure if they're good anymore, though.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

I played a Chloro Mage to 45 and had a blast with it.