10+ Year Old Account

Which is a dps increase,

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...izoroth/simple

dats my current helm, should i wear 483 tier helm or my current helm at 502, if I put on the 483 helm I would get my 4 set bonus. Anyone got any infos?

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...izoroth/simple

dats my current helm, should i wear 483 tier helm or my current helm at 502, if I put on the 483 helm I would get my 4 set bonus. Anyone got any infos?
    Wear your 4 set.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your 4set would be better as the helm alone wouldn't equal to a 4% gain in your obliterate damage.

Generally; regarding rather or not you should use a tier bonus or not; if the tier piece is only a patch old it will be better using it (unless it's something worthless like t11 4pc.) rather then an off-piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
    Your 4set would be better as the helm alone wouldn't equal to a 4% gain in your obliterate damage.
    4piece is 5% more str when you use pillar of frost...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    4piece is 5% more str when you use pillar of frost...
    Well, the helmet still wouldn't be an upgrade over a 25% str 1 min cd over a 20% str 1 min cd.
    Helmet isn't an upgrade in either situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
    Well, the helmet still wouldn't be an upgrade over a 25% str 1 min cd over a 20% str 1 min cd.
    Helmet isn't an upgrade in either situation.
    it's actually pretty similar. also depends on how well his pillar of frost usage is.
    just off his battle.net page: str gained from the extra 5% of pillar: 802. divide 802 by 3 to get average str per minute: 267.3
    what he gets from the helm: 210 str + 80 extra str from better gem socket = 290 more str + more secondary stats.
    also gives 58 more str during a pillar of frost over his old gear so 19.3 additional str.

i'm sure if you sim them they are almost identical. This doesn't include any damage boosts or stacking cds or anything else though.
    and since I was bored: 502 helm: 97932.5
    t14 lfr 4piece: 98221.6
    used: 50000 iterations, low latency, length 450s, vary length 20%, fight style: light movement, num enemies: 1, player skill elite

so yeah, if his pillar of frost usage isn't great then the 502 helm will be better. if it's good then the 4piece is better, but not by much.

and when I switched the sims from player skill: elite to player skill: good the 502 helm > t14 4 piece.
    Last edited by bals; 2013-05-12 at 07:00 AM.

hold on to the helm, just in case for a few scenarios. 1) you pick up t15 lfr helm, 2) you completely get all the other t15 peices to use the head. 3) pick up a 522 helm.