Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Where to bury my brother's toon?

I need some guidance.

I just acquired my deceased brother's account (it was all legitimate, done through Blizzard). I really can't see myself playing any of his toons, and truth be told, having a hard time playing myself.

For my own closure, I'd like to bury his main character somewhere in Azeroth, logout, and possibly delete the toon.

Anyone have any good suggestions? He was particularly fond of BC and WoTLK and was immensely enjoying MoP prior to his passing. I just can't figure out where he'd want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by jcocrow View Post
    I need some guidance.

I just acquired my deceased brother's account (it was all legitimate, done through Blizzard). I really can't see myself playing any of his toons, and truth be told, having a hard time playing myself.

For my own closure, I'd like to bury his main character somewhere in Azeroth, logout, and possibly delete the toon.

Anyone have any good suggestions? He was particularly fond of BC and WoTLK and was immensely enjoying MoP prior to his passing. I just can't figure out where he'd want to be.

Personally, I'd choose Nagrand for TBC or Storm Peaks/Icecrown (the snowy mountain areas) for Wrath.

Sorry to hear of your brother's passing; I can't imagine how hard this has been for you.

Nagrand, on a funeral pyre.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's a good many floating islands in Nagrand. That zone was probably one of my favorite in BC, the first time I got there, I was just blown away. The throne of the elements there, on the waterfall overlooking the horde town is a good vista.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry for your loss.

For in-game, I'd go with Nagrand for TBC and Grizzly Hills for Wrath. Both are beautiful zones.

Deleted
    Stormwind graveyard has a tomb prepared for me.
    Alternatively I'd go for a nice spot near light's hope chapel.

For the non-religious I think somewhere around wyrmrest temple would be a good spot for a hero

My good friend is fighting a losing battle with cancer and I know he'd want his character to spends the rest of its days battling through Ulduar.

Any zone he particularly liked? We could suggest anything, but something that has a personal meaning will trump all.

Personally, There are many very nice places and I like the nature wooded type areas but my preference would be Booty Bay or Ashenvale. Both were really nice places when I first started playing in vanilla. The goblins seemed to get along peacefully and there's the big staue of the smiling goblin prophet. I liked it a lot.

Ashenvale just seemed so wonderful coming from games with worse graphics. Just a great forested area where everything was interesting and nice looking.

Otherwise, I'd choose the interesting rain forest/jungle areas. Sholazar, Stranglethorn, etc. Stranglethorn is nice.. it's near the ocean. Then again, there's Booty Bay again.

I guess those are my choices of where I'd like to live in the game.

-Nish

P.S. Sorry to hear about your brother's passing. Hope he is in a better place.
    I don't know everything about baseball. Most people don't know 'everything' about baseball. People fall into two two categories. Person A will, when they see I don't know something, try to explain it to me in detail so I understand it. Person B will use their knowledge to make me out to be stupid. Person B is no friend of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by jcocrow View Post
    I need some guidance.

I'd say pick Azeroth, but since he was fond of BC/WOTLK I'd say a bright nice place like Nagrand! As for deleting his toon, never do that! That will always live on in the code! Preserve his history!!!!!!!!!

Ruins of Lordaeron
    On the Frozen Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    My good friend is fighting a losing battle with cancer and I know he'd want his character to spends the rest of its days battling through Ulduar.

Any zone he particularly liked? We could suggest anything, but something that has a personal meaning will trump all.
    Sorry to hear about your friend. He was a dwarf warrior if that helps. We also had the best times in BC raiding Kara. Our guild wound up being a feeder guild and we could only ever run 10 mans. So we raided pretty much Kara and ZA throughout the expansion. He was into PvP as well but don't want to hinder an AV battle as that was his favorite.

Firstly i'm sorry for your loss and wish you any any family good health.

As for a place to put his toon to rest, as others have suggested Nagrand is a great place and would chose there out of TBC. For wrath I'd go with Grizzly Hills, should you decide Azeroth maybe Feralas that used to be my favorite zone in game pre-cata it has some beautiful overlooks.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget to mail all his stuff to your account first! I would choose THE TOP OF ICC!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry for your loss.

I'd agree that Nagrand is a nice place to do something like this, as someone else suggested, maybe on one of the floating islands.

Also as someone said, I wouldn't delete the characters, maybe just log them out there, so you know they're always there if you were to ever log back in on them.

I would have to say Nagrand. I find it to be the most tranquil place in all of world of warcraft. If I were you I would put him to rest on top of a floating islands, looking out into the nether. Poesy could be written about such a place.

He loved AV? I would take him to the Stormpike area in Hillsbrad, take him into the tunnel, and then log out. NEVER delete his character (the dwarf warrior, the others probably wouldn't be bad). A dwarf warrior that loved Alterac Valley would fit well with the Stormpike dwarves that follow Vanndar. But I highly suggest not deleting the character. There is a good chance you will regret it. It is another piece of your brother that will remain so long as Blizzard keeps the game up.

in Uther Ligherbringers tomb

Mushroom Circle in Tirisfal Glades

don't delete the toons
    it was once a part of his life