Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My only gripe with OpenRaid are the raid leaders that accept people of low skill. I was in one group that advertised 6/6 N HoF clear, but half the group haven't ever killed N Amber Shaper (I checked WoWprogress).

For me it's simple. I only take players who have positive feedback and clear experience from other chars to my raids.

I would never join a raid with a leader who has 10+ comments of "Ninjaa looter", "Bad leader", "Jerk" etc. Click the characters and check their feedback. It's easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    the choice of who you openraid with is up to you. make smarter choices and research before committing!
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    The site's reputation will continue to decrease as more stories like this get told. Yes, individual's are to blame, but it is the tool (the site) which allows people to continue to get away with behaviour like this.
    And the site's reputation will continue to increase as stories of success get told? The site is in no way responsible just because you end up with a raid leader who ninja loots. It's not their job to monitor events and ensure everything goes right. That's just bad luck. Openraid provides a service that lets you band together with players who are looking for the same thing. It is entirely up to you and the others if the event itself is successful. Check out the raid leader's feedback and reputation. I do that for everyone who wants to join my raid. I have read feedback of players that clearly describe them as immature and does not show up for events. I have handed a good amount of positive and negative feedback.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farnswurth View Post
    Eh, I'm in a decent enough guild that I don't need to resort to Openraid.
    "resort to openraid"?

i'm also in a good guild but i still use it to get achievements that my guild isn't interested in doing, however recently i've been having bad experiences. i've been downvoted a lot even though i never made mistakes and did good dps.

You'd think you would generate a trusted friend list and go from there. When you do that you get a section that lists just your friends events.

Openraid can be just as bad as pugging on your own server if you just blindly get an invite and expect to mow over stuff. When I enter any pug I start looking at their kill stats/achievement/gear. I assume I am building the raid until we enter the instance as to know I'm not going to be carrying and to easily decide whether a person is carrying their own weight.

I like the idea behind this site, especially on really dead servers. But I would've always approached raids I join on this site from a get achievements and stuff done - but never count on drops. It's like you are meeting up with 10/25 strangers to buy a lottery ticket - and when it's a winning one you expect everyone to be nice and fair about who gets the money (this is an un-splitable lottery winnings).

I used to run pvp events on openraid from march till oct last year under my rogue Kakashi, I literally hosted events 15 hours everyday. I brought in 100s of people, if not a few thousand to my events and open raid decided to ban for "rep farming" thus killing off their largest pvp host for the site. Literally a few weeks later there were slim to few pvp events and almost everyone had switched to OQ. You can't expect a site to survive if they kill some of there biggest supporters over a stupid reason of site rep.

Spreadsheets I used
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...&usp=drive_web
    Last edited by kilj; 2013-05-11 at 01:40 PM.

Hmm, I've had the opposite problem: No one will accept people for runs unless they already have the achievement. If I already had the achievement, I wouldn't be looking for a run now would I? Add to that I've had about six instances where I've been accepted and then the raid never actually happened -- no invite, no cancel email, nothing. /shrug
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Ive had positive experiences with openraid.

I always check the armory of others that have signed up and read the comments. 6/6MV HC runs where people write "not actually killed anything but watched fatboss!" are to be avoided. I also avoid bonus roll stuff and read comments about the lRL carefully. I find if I do this then I get higher success rates.

Also, if you give feedback it needs to be concise and without emotion. "RL ninja'd the mount when agreed system was x" rather than "lolwtf bastard stole MY mount I hope his dick drops off in rl"

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow this is disheartening to read. Though I've not used the site in several months I've literally had only 1 bad experience out of probably hundreds of runs of varying kinds. I was just looking over the new site to see about knocking out some achievements from the previous tier.

It would be sad beyond belief to see the community aspect of OR go down the drain. It was one of the things that kept me coming back.

I finally got a ticket response from openraid staff about this, basically the raid leader declared me as a "no show" on the raid after I called her for stealing epics, she did this so I could not get her bad feedback on the site and openraid say there is "nothing they can do" despite 4 of us from that raid informing them of ninja looting. Seems like avoiding hosted events is the way to go
    Whoops, sig too big

Quote Originally Posted by Nalfeinn View Post
    I finally got a ticket response from openraid staff about this, basically the raid leader declared me as a "no show" on the raid after I called her for stealing epics, she did this so I could not get her bad feedback on the site and openraid say there is "nothing they can do" despite 4 of us from that raid informing them of ninja looting. Seems like avoiding hosted events is the way to go
    I've had the same thing happen to me once. I wanted to give negative feedback but I couldn't.

other than that one raid though, openraid has been very good to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't done any "hosted" events but I use the site for older content and have had almost universally positive experiences. It's true it can very per group -- it is a PuG site afterall -- but if you're selective it is a wonderful tool. The worst I've ever had was a disorganised raid leader who accidentally overinvited and had to ask if anyone was willing to step out. In fact, just yesterday I did two open raid groups -- a HM Rags and a Terrace normal -- and both went lovely. But even if it goes bad, it's hard to imagine it going worse than some of the /trade PuGs I've been in over the years.

I don't think having a couple bad experiences is a signal of the "end" of the site, but I would leave feedback about that particular raid leader and be wary in the future.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I only join raids that are run by people I know. I did try to get into some other runs once, but they were cancelled before the raid night, soooo...
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I've been wiping in ICC for the past two hours and now we finnally get to LK and the RL turns it to normal even tho the post says "Full heroic" "Invincible will be freeroll"

God fucking damn it I hate this site.
    That is the ppl in the group not the site. Who wipes in ICC for hours? Even if you were doing an at lvl run that shouldn't happen. If you were can you blame them, if you are wiping on the faceroll stuff then why would ppl want to spend the rest of the day wiping on Arthas?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I agree it's not what it used to be though I just use it for low level achievements and xmog runs (avoiding the bonus rolls) so I don't require much and haven't done Staff hosted runs.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    That's not the site's fault, is it? Blame the player, and not the site itself.
    It has become impossible to leave negative feedback on it, though, which Openraid bears the responsibility for because of the stringent rules. And as others have said, the moment one person complain in raids, the raid lead immediately marks you as a no show preventing you from leave the appropriate feedback.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is usless now, just filled with LFR kiddies looking for a carry. All the good players have moved on.

Got my 9/9 gold challenge mode through that site . I liked it better before though .