View Poll Results: Does higher level mean higher value?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    12 46.15%
  • No

    8 30.77%
  • Depends on the pet

    4 15.38%
  • Depends on the quality

    2 7.69%
Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Does pet level affect the value of a battle pet to you?

    Ive been seeing lots lately that people are selling pets that are level 25 for some rather high prices. Now granted, the pets themselves are nothing special. Usually some easy to get pet or some green quality pet that normally doesn't sell for too much. For example, someone was just selling scooter the snail for 6k, because he was level 6. However in the AH one was level 1 for a mere 1k. Leveling to level 6 is no hard task and is quite easy, but this is just one example of how people charge more because of the level. So I was wandering, Does a pets prices mean anything to you personally when taking into account its value? Weather you leveled it and are selling it, or you just see someone selling a random level 10 pet. To me I think I may fall into the whole "its worth more at higher levels" if I was the one leveling it, but buying it I just don't see it being worth as much as some think.

  2. #2
    Not really. Although the only pets I would buy on the ah are the tcg pets.

  3. #3
    It depends on the pet, for me, but some people are really shooting for high collection "values," and that takes level into account, so for people who ALWAYS want to level cap a companion pet, regardless of its combat utility, the value of time saved can be worth a decent price mark up.

  4. #4
    The only level that should matter is 25. For people that have multiple pets at max level it's rather easy to level other pets, but the price shouldn't be high.(e.g. ~3k for scooter the snail if it was rare quality originally)

  5. #5
    I am Murloc! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,200
    I bought a level 25 MC imp, allowing me to completely skip the initial leveling grind.

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire S Blieft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SoPoCo
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I bought a level 25 MC imp, allowing me to completely skip the initial leveling grind.
    You must've had a 25 already... You can't just buy a 25 and learn it without a 25 in your stable already.
    I've got more 25s that I want to know about but I do know for sure that every time I've tried to trade
    a lvl 25 to someone in my guild who does not have a 25 at all, they were unable to learn the pet.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

  7. #7
    Dreadlord Tarx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    787
    IF the pet is rare and lvl 25 it worth to buy it. You save a lot of time.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    You must've had a 25 already... You can't just buy a 25 and learn it without a 25 in your stable already.
    I've got more 25s that I want to know about but I do know for sure that every time I've tried to trade
    a lvl 25 to someone in my guild who does not have a 25 at all, they were unable to learn the pet.
    I've bought level 25 pets I didn't even own and had no problem. I've never seen or heard of what you describe.

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    380
    I agree with Zebuh, only level 25 is worthy of higher price. But I want to add that another reason why pets on AH can be expensive is because of their breed. Some combinations, like moth with 100% power, are quite good.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I've bought level 25 pets I didn't even own and had no problem. I've never seen or heard of what you describe.
    You must have at least one pet leveled to 25 before you can learn a level 25pet. It doesn't matter if the pet is the same thing as the one you got or not.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    You must have at least one pet leveled to 25 before you can learn a level 25pet. It doesn't matter if the pet is the same thing as the one you got or not.
    That makes more sense then. With 200-300 pets I'm sure I leveled one to 25 somewhere along the way. So that explains that.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebuh View Post
    The only level that should matter is 25. For people that have multiple pets at max level it's rather easy to level other pets, but the price shouldn't be high.(e.g. ~3k for scooter the snail if it was rare quality originally)
    24s are valuable to achievement hunters that don't necessarily like pet battling.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    IF the pet is rare and lvl 25 it worth to buy it. You save a lot of time.
    It depends on how many pets you need to level to 25...you can have a lvl 25 pet in about an hour or so. So, depends on the size of the premium over a lvl 1 version.
    Last edited by azurrei; 2013-05-11 at 05:31 AM.

  14. #14
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lost in the Ether
    Posts
    828
    To the original question, I have to reply with a "no s*, Sherlock" answer. I mean, duh?

    So, more seriously - the real question is probably, "is a high level pet really worth *so much more* than a level 1?"
    How much more, of course, makes a difference, but to me, the answer you're looking for it "no".

    Level 6? That's one battle, maybe 2.
    I can take a level 1 pet to 25 in about 2 hours if I'm in a hurry, or I can spend a week doing it doing two battles a day.

    I do buy pets, occasionally, but I'm probably not going to spend more than 500g, maybe 1000g, for a level 25 than a level 1. My time is worth something to me, after all; if I don't have to level this pet, I can level another one.

    Mind you, none of the above will keep me from charging an extra 5,000-10,000g for a level 25 if I can get it!

  15. #15
    What about those who don't care about the level? There are those who only get pets to collect em, and care nothing for the level of the pet itself. If someone doesn't care about the pets level, should the price still be increased?

  16. #16
    i only buy rare level 1 pets from AH

    sometimes green level pets if they are cheap i do not have them yet

  17. #17
    It's pretty funny when people buy a level 25 pet from you, can't use it because they don't have a 25 and send it back to you CoD for what they paid.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    It's pretty funny when people buy a level 25 pet from you, can't use it because they don't have a 25 and send it back to you CoD for what they paid.
    Im tempted to sell a 25pet just to see if that happens.

  19. #19
    So this awesome pet you've been missing is on the AH.
    You have a choice: Buy the level 25 version for 100g or the level 1 version also for 100g. How would anyone not buy the higher level pet?

  20. #20
    I dont feel it is worth a much more as sometimes is shown in the auction house. If you have 1-2-3 25's, it is very easy and fast to level one to 25. The time sink isnt worth triple or quadruple the amount of money. After 2 pet battles against lower levels (you will probably end up at lvl 7-8) which you almost oneshot with a 25, it is strong enough not to get oneshotted by a lvl 25 pet.

    Leveling a pet works great for farming coins on an alt and get some easy xp on the one you are leveling. As a lvl 89 against lvl 25 pets, you gain as much as 195k xp, a lot for a very short battle. i mostly use my Cogblade raptor as I can choose it to be strong against critters or beasts, plus it can heal himself.

    I think above some people misinterpreted something about buying lvl 25 pets. You can only use the pet, if you have leveled a pet of any kind to level 25. Once you have done that, you can buy every lvl 25 pet and use it. You do not need to own the lvl 1 version or lvl 25 version. The people talking about buying 25's in this thread probably got misunderstood.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael123 View Post
    So this awesome pet you've been missing is on the AH.
    You have a choice: Buy the level 25 version for 100g or the level 1 version also for 100g. How would anyone not buy the higher level pet?
    Ofcourse anyone would buy the lvl 25. But 1, we are talking here about 100g pets, which makes it very common and uninteresting, and 2, this never ever happens. Although I dont value leveling a pet to 25 in the thousands of g's, I do value it worth more then 100g, and so does everybody else.

    The problem is more that some pets, worth 3-4-5k as lvl 1, are often sold for 12-16k as lvl 25, which is ridiclulous. The same thing happen with 1.5k pets, but those are sold for 4.5k as level 25. How can a rarer pet be worth 9-10k to lvl 25, and a less rare one 3k? That makes no sense.
    Last edited by Nohara; 2013-05-11 at 09:49 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •