Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Yeah, because its not like the whole point of WoW is to slaughter things and steal their belongings
    Don't let the Garrosh within consume you, you are better than this!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiel View Post
    Maybe there was but it really makes me feel that the Trolls must have been absent for class on that particular day.
    It wasn't a class, it was a study done by a young woman who came out with the finding that MMO players had a higher potential for being heroic or doing the right thing day to day than others. I wish I could find the article it was all the rage two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    It wasn't a class, it was a study done by a young woman who came out with the finding that MMO players had a higher potential for being heroic or doing the right thing day to day than others.
    Sorry I was more joking than anything, but in all honesty its interesting to hear of a study like that I would question the findings of course without knowing the actual process in which the study took place, I can't imagine MMO users were actually asked to partake in real life heroic scenarios. At the end of the day still interesting. If you find the study please link it, I would be interested in reading more about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kill a murloc for fun. But for a green quest reward I genocide them real nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Personally that's all I do. Why would I read quests? Quests only serve as a way to level up as fast as possible, reading them just slows that down.
    This type of person then typically bitches about the story and lore. HMMMMMMMMM.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Maybe it's just me but I feel like Blizzard could implement a random quest where the quest giver is like...

Quest Giver: I want you to kill 30 Murlocs because I F#$%in hate Murlocs we're gonna murder all the Murloc's until not a damn one is left SIEG HEIL!!!

Average WoW players Reaction: (Scrolls to bottom of quest) Awesome This quest gives me a blue, X amount of exp and some gold!!!!

Am I the only one who feels like a large majority of the player base just randomly follows orders for the promise of a prize?
    Try doing all the quests in un'goro until you can take over an ape and talk to the other apes in the cave... you might like the dialogue the one named ape has.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    This type of person then typically bitches about the story and lore. .
    how do you bitch bout something you neither know or care about?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    how do you bitch bout something you neither know or care about?
    Pretty easily.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Pretty easily.
    People have been bitching about shit they don't know about since Vanilla, these are the same people that effectively killed all community in WoW and celebrate that the game is somehow better because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an Elder Scrolls game like Skyrim, I would care. In WoW, I really wouldn't. Why? Because WoW has no atmosphere and my actions have zero impact on the story.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    In an Elder Scrolls game like Skyrim, I would care. In WoW, I really wouldn't. Why? Because WoW has no atmosphere and my actions have zero impact on the story.
    Wanna know what pisses me off the most about your response.. The fact that you are correct.

Deleted
    Maybe it's just me but I feel like Blizzard could implement a random quest where the quest giver is like...

Quest Giver: I want you to kill 30 Murlocs because I F#$%in hate Murlocs we're gonna murder all the Murloc's until not a damn one is left SIEG HEIL!!!

Average WoW players Reaction: (Scrolls to bottom of quest) Awesome This quest gives me a blue, X amount of exp and some gold!!!!

Am I the only one who feels like a large majority of the player base just randomly follows orders for the promise of a prize?
    Eheh yes, there are area I used to avoid on certain characters. My shaman was a softie at heart and I would avoid for example tanaris, where basically all you do (did now that's changed), is help the expansionistic goblin cartel kill trolls in zul farrak for no reason whatsoever.
    My rogue would do anything, and the warrior would be focused in human heavy areas (hillsbrad, arathi and so on).'that was before cata I should add.

It adds a bit of fun to the levelling experience which has been completely overlooked by the devs that forgot that without a proper immersive system, you will NOT get new players to level 90 times.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 08:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Wow had an atmosphere before cata.

Next you'll be telling us that orcs are a blatant example of racism worse than Jar Jar Binks and the character of Sylvanas needs to be deleted before little kids start getting ideas about necrophilia.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Next you'll be telling us that orcs are a blatant example of racism worse than Jar Jar Binks and the character of Sylvanas needs to be deleted before little kids start getting ideas about necrophilia.
    *Gasp* He speaks the truth!!!! /Grabs Pitchfork

15+ Year Old Account
    This is precisely why I hate people thinking that their character is "good" because chances are they've completed a ton of morally questionable quests during their grind from 0 to 90. No one's character is really pure, we're all just mercenaries that will do basically whatever a questgiver wants...and usually for a paltry amount of gold to boot! No hit man has ever been so cheap. I've killed 15 people for 13 gold more times than I can count...that's not even one gold per person!