Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    if they EVER make so i can only have 2 professions on my account im quitting....
    This has no negatives besides your own private convenience. Long-term players already have every profession on their account which is bad for the community, as you don't have to rely on anybody but yourself. All the materials are from you, all the gems/enchants/glyphs and the craftable gear, from yourself, to yourself. I don't see how that is good thing in game where you are supposed to be interacting with other players. So with all due respect, please quit...and fast.

  2. #22
    I am Murloc! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    5,617
    Long-term players already have every profession on their account which is bad for the community, as you don't have to rely on anybody but yourself.
    Yadda yadda... you are aware that 95% of this so called community interaction equates to just buying what you need from the AH?
    So much for talking to other players lol.

    If they wanted to change this they would have done so very long ago.

  3. #23
    Brewmaster OneSent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Forest
    Posts
    1,430
    While I agree with their stance on professions, you gotta love how they talk about "interpersonal interactions" and a "larger social experience" while in the same breath, they are systematically destroying any and all incentive to be social in this game.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yadda yadda... you are aware that 95% of this so called community interaction equates to just buying what you need from the AH?
    So much for talking to other players lol.
    Even AH is better than no interaction, which seems to be state of things atm, in nearly every aspect of the game.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    This has no negatives besides your own private convenience. Long-term players already have every profession on their account which is bad for the community, as you don't have to rely on anybody but yourself. All the materials are from you, all the gems/enchants/glyphs and the craftable gear, from yourself, to yourself. I don't see how that is good thing in game where you are supposed to be interacting with other players. So with all due respect, please quit...and fast.
    If you really typed all that with a straight face and actually believe what it is you just typed...

    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Even AH is better than no interaction, which seems to be state of things atm, in nearly every aspect of the game.
    You do realize that they haven't ever stopped you from doing that, right? They never stopped people from being social. You can just as easily talk to the people you meet in LFR and LFD (and I've seen some groups talk it up a LOT that has nothing to do with "you bad/no, you are"). Thing is that Blizz can only do so much for people who are antisocial to begin with.

    And this has to be the single most inane idea coming from a Blue ever. To see that someone would actually AGREE with it and defend it (even if trolling) is bewildering to me.
    Last edited by darkpower; 2013-05-11 at 12:58 PM.
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

  6. #26
    I am Murloc! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    5,617
    Quote Originally Posted by darkpower
    You can just as easily talk to the people you meet in LFR and LFD (and I've seen some groups talk it up a LOT that has nothing to do with "you bad/no, you are").
    It's quite rare, but it does happen. Hell I even had groups that wanted to ANOTHER dungeon together.
    But most of the randoms are silent as bots. To be honest though, even back in TBC we didn't really talk that much in non guild dungeon groups.

  7. #27
    I'd love to see Blizzard change it so we only can have two professions per battlenet account. There'd be no-one left playing the game. lol

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    While I agree with their stance on professions, you gotta love how they talk about "interpersonal interactions" and a "larger social experience" while in the same breath, they are systematically destroying any and all incentive to be social in this game.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

  9. #29
    Arena is too big and there are way too many objects blocking the line of sight. It will suck, trust me.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    You do realize that they haven't ever stopped you from doing that, right? They never stopped people from being social. You can just as easily talk to the people you meet in LFR and LFD (and I've seen some groups talk it up a LOT that has nothing to do with "you bad/no, you are"). Thing is that Blizz can only do so much for people who are antisocial to begin with.
    I never asked to be given opportunities to be social, I asked improved reliance on others and community feeling. Talking to random strangers about useless things like weather and shit doesn't interest me one bit.

  11. #31
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    This has no negatives besides your own private convenience. Long-term players already have every profession on their account which is bad for the community, as you don't have to rely on anybody but yourself. All the materials are from you, all the gems/enchants/glyphs and the craftable gear, from yourself, to yourself. I don't see how that is good thing in game where you are supposed to be interacting with other players. So with all due respect, please quit...and fast.
    Errrr... how about you do not dictate other people what they should do?
    Having professions on alts is an absolute necessity, as prices on AH on a lot of realms (incl. mine) are plain ridiculous. So unless you want to force people to spam /2 like they spammed /1 for dungeons in BC (which was horrible), let the professions be. And damn, having all proffs and 4 transmute alchemists is nice

    BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Having professions on alts is an absolute necessity, as prices on AH on a lot of realms (incl. mine) are plain ridiculous
    This is just pointless argument, try googling supply and demand. Prices won't go lower if the the stuff is getting sold.

  13. #33
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    This is just pointless argument, try googling supply and demand. Prices won't go lower if the the stuff is getting sold.
    Supply and demand in micro-economy supposes that economic agents are making rational decisions. This however, does not always apply to people.

    BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

  14. #34
    Epic! Fullmetal89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Between the Spiral and Anti-Spiral dimensions.
    Posts
    1,529
    This expansion should be re-named "Gates of Pandaria." The gating/slowing down of progressions in this x-pac is reminiscent of the attunement days in vanilla/early BC. I don't understand what the fine people over at Blizzard are thinking. This kind of thing only works to piss off and annoy your customers, the vast majority of the player base agrees on three common grounds. They hate/dislike LFR as a progression source. People want more dungeons not scenarios, and finally people are tired of dailies/rep grinds. If Blizzard could change these three things MoP would be a more enjoyable experience, so far its become as boring as Cataclysm, even with the fact that it has maybe double the content of Cataclysm.

    If Blizzard intends to use the MoP method of obvious gating for the next expansion you can count me out. The excuse they use of "oh but we are releasing more raids/content faster" is no excuse to bog the players down on mindless dailies/rep grinds for gear that will be completely outdated by the time the next set of rep/dailies is released.

    I still believe the overall best model was the Wotlk model, everyone was happy but the so called "hardcore" crowd which is a very vocal minority of the WoW community that is never pleased anyways.

  15. #35
    I love how they throw that bit in at the end about allowing motes to be traded at the end of an expansion. You know, when they're no longer useful? Wow, thanks!

  16. #36
    Stood in the Fire Schaapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A safe distance from you
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Errrr... how about you do not dictate other people what they should do?
    Having professions on alts is an absolute necessity, as prices on AH on a lot of realms (incl. mine) are plain ridiculous. So unless you want to force people to spam /2 like they spammed /1 for dungeons in BC (which was horrible), let the professions be. And damn, having all proffs and 4 transmute alchemists is nice
    It's Blizzard dictating how we should play. Just saying.
    Surrounded by idiots

  17. #37
    " Maybe one solution is we could say you can only have two professions per Battle.net account!"

    /facepalm When losing 1.3 million subscribers in a quarter just isn't enough.

  18. #38
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaapa View Post
    It's Blizzard dictating how we should play. Just saying.
    Of course it does, but so far they've been sensible about it. Until that sentence that is.

    BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

  19. #39
    Brewmaster Alayea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Haha hilarious how people panic b/c of a simple explanation why stuff like Motes oh Harmony, Orbs of Frost or Chaos Orbs are BoP.
    Frozen Orbs were never BoP, FYI.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2013-05-11 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Corrected item name.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM/Surv Gekkani - Disc/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost/Fire Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Demo/Destro Yin - WW

  20. #40
    Is that Nathanos Blightcaller in the first picture?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •