Thread: PVP is fine

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

PVP is fine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlPzchgKvBM

The video says it all.

The mage had jade spirit( any caster must have it) lightweave (tailoring) on use trinket (everyone have this) and DMF trinket.
    The DMF trinket is giving 4,4k SP when the tyran proc one is giving 4360 but the pvp ones give 5% pvp power so its better.
    He stacked Int in gems and in 5.3 int will be 2x better then power.

If u cant do the math if he pops everything on you he can do 700k burst in 5 secs.
    Dont forget his FB/ice lance missed due to dematerialize and some of the orb ticks but he still killed him rofl.(lol 30k orb ticks)

I have played since vanilla and this is the MOST RETARDED burst i've ever seen.

Thoughts?

A mage is standing there with every proc and CD up in the game. You stand there and eat all the damage. What do you expect to happen? The fact that you take anything in Cartoonz videos as serious tips is hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    but but 5.3 will fix pvp gear scaling will fix it.the pvp power nerf will fix it.

warriors got gutted since mop started and mages have been more or less untouched.how can people still give blizz $ when videos like this shows you how f'ed up pvp is,is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    but but 5.3 will fix pvp gear scaling will fix it.the pvp power nerf will fix it.

warriors got gutted since mop started and mages have been more or less untouched.how can people still give blizz $ when videos like this shows you how f'ed up pvp is,is beyond me.
    I guess the game is also terrible because Swify and Braindeadly did 90 million crits in Kotmogu?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I guess the game is also terrible because Swify and Braindeadly did 90 million crits in Kotmogu?
    wtf are you even talking about,pve?lmfao. bottom like is pvp "what the video is about"is f'ed and has been since wrath started.watch the video and stop saying "You stand there and eat all the damage"

its a mage best cc in game-tell me how does a player avoid a mages damage when hes cc'ed?los= no.

wtf are you even talking about,pve?lmfao. bottom like is pvp "what the video is about"is f'ed and has been since wrath started.watch the video and stop saying "You stand there and eat all the damage"

its a mage best cc in game-tell me how does a player avoid a mages damage when hes cc'ed?los= no.
    Mages have the best CC in the game? I guess Druids and Hunters don't exist in your version of WoW then. Also yes, that Monk sat there and ate all the damage while the Mage had every CD and Proc up, obviously he will die in a few hits. In a serious environment that would never happen, especialy since the Mage would be playing NT instead of Frost Bomb in 3v3.

Also your statements would be more believable and possibly mean more if you could string a full sentence together...

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages have the best CC in the game? I guess Druids and Hunters don't exist in your version of WoW then. Also yes, that Monk sat there and ate all the damage while the Mage had every CD and Proc up, obviously he will die in a few hits. In a serious environment that would never happen, especialy since the Mage would be playing NT instead of Frost Bomb in 3v3.

Also your statements would be more believable and possibly mean more if you could string a full sentence together...
    o here come the cheap shots from the best pvp in the world.hey look meathead does not edit his posts,lets make fun of him.lmfao @ you kid.

yes mages have the best cc in game,yes mages have insane burst.or are you going to tell me they dont?i did not make the video or post it,all i did was watch it.if it can happen it will happen on live period.t4b got removed from the game because the damage it did from time to time.

dont worry blizz will not nerf mages,they will still be face-roll so dont worry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rambominator View Post
    I have played since vanilla and this is the MOST RETARDED burst i've ever seen.

Thoughts?
    You either didn't play enough, or you have very short memory, or just plain stupid.

I think Blizz should put wotlk or bc arena back for a while, so people actually realize how op were some things in that time. And that they actually needed almost zero setup and there were much faster kills than what it is now. I am not going to bother posting any vids, you can just watch some tournaments from wotlk, not just random youtube video from cartoonz (lol). No sane person would say that now we have biggest burst ever.

Just a curiousity question...Why does everyone seem so surprised when stuff like this happens? Yeah I suppose mages could be considered the devs "pet' class. But still it's gotta be someone that's op...if its not mages, its warriors, if not warriors its rogues, if not them its DK's and so on and so forth. And also like said about, if you stand there and take all that from the mage when he procs and uses all CD's, you deserve to die that fast. But for smart players, that wont happen in any sort of rated play RBG's or arenas, unless you're just plain stupid....IMO of course troll on

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    You either didn't play enough, or you have very short memory, or just plain stupid.

I think Blizz should put wotlk or bc arena back for a while, so people actually realize how op were some things in that time. And that they actually needed almost zero setup and there were much faster kills than what it is now. I am not going to bother posting any vids, you can just watch some tournaments from wotlk, not just random youtube video from cartoonz (lol). No sane person would say that now we have biggest burst ever.
    not going to say BC's pvp was perfect,but it was the best pvp wow ever had.the fights were longer for the most part in BC,so that = more burst and faster kills in mop by a large margin.wrath,cata and mop had far far more burst/globing then BC ever did.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSGT View Post
    Just a curiousity question...Why does everyone seem so surprised when stuff like this happens? Yeah I suppose mages could be considered the devs "pet' class. But still it's gotta be someone that's op...if its not mages, its warriors, if not warriors its rogues, if not them its DK's and so on and so forth. And also like said about, if you stand there and take all that from the mage when he procs and uses all CD's, you deserve to die that fast. But for smart players, that wont happen in any sort of rated play RBG's or arenas, unless you're just plain stupid....IMO of course troll on
    i agree but sometimes you cant los,like when your cc'ed.regardless this type of burst should not be in pvp in any form.spin it anyway you want but we know im right.your comment "it's gotta be someone that's op" the problem is mages have not had a "down/average" season since i can remember.warrior tb4 took alot of lucky to get 5 stacks,but that got removed and it needed to be.but then i see this shit and wonder wtf?

not going to say BC's pvp was perfect,but it was the best pvp wow ever had.the fights were longer for the most part in BC,so that = more burst and faster kills in mop by a large margin.wrath,cata and mop had far far more burst/globing then BC ever did.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 11:28 AM ----------

i agree but sometimes you cant los,like when your cc'ed.regardless this type of burst should not be in pvp in any form.spin it anyway you want but we know im right.your comment "it's gotta be someone that's op" the problem is mages have not had a "down/average" season since i can remember.warrior tb4 took alot of lucky to get 5 stacks,but that got removed and it needed to be.but then i see this shit and wonder wtf?
    The mage was full int gemmed with 2 trinket procs, weapon enchant and lightweave up.

1. Full int gems means the mage would likely get trained the whole game
    2. Having 2 int procs up at the same time is insanely lucky, having 3 or 4 is likely never going to happen in an arena match. Then being able to capitalize on it without the enemy team doing something to counter it is even harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really viable for non-humans due the lack of trinket, but it's pretty overpowered although it requires starts to align. Nonetheless, now people know about it, more people will try it which makes it even worse...

I'm kinda jelly my warlock's burst is not even remotely close to that :/

The mage was full int gemmed with 2 trinket procs, weapon enchant and lightweave up.

2. Having 2 int procs up at the same time is insanely lucky, having 3 or 4 is likely never going to happen in an arena match. Then being able to capitalize on it without the enemy team doing something to counter it is even harder.
    pretty much this lol

Agreed. I think some people don't understand that when this is said, it's not about the individual class to class balance. That's always been bad and always will be. But the general flow and pace of PvP was way better in BC than it's ever been since.

Don't be so biased. Warriors were OP and they got nerfed. Hunters are OP and they're getting nerfed. Mage are OP as well and they're getting nerfed.

Taking a buttload of dmg and doing nothing to counter it doesnt mean pvp is broken, it means you need to play better, personally tho mages are broken as hell and need some seriously balancing out

10+ Year Old Account

"Full int gems means the mage would likely get trained the whole game
    "

why?do pvpers still stack res?you do know that res will be base line for all player in 5.3 right?geming res will not do much,main stats are a bigger dps increase then gemming pvp power/res.this video proves what i have been saying all along,this gear scaling crap will not fix shit.

"Having 2 int procs up at the same time is insanely lucky, having 3 or 4 is likely never going to happen in an arena match. Then being able to capitalize on it without the enemy team doing something to counter it is even harder"

did you not watch the video?he was using a pve trinket and the on-use pvp trinket.all he had to do was hit his target 2 or 3 times to get the pve trinket to proc.then when he seen it proc he used his pvp trinket.now please tell me how is that hard to do?he even said that its easier to proc in pvp lmfao.i use to run the same set up on my arms warrior all the time.one procs bang-hit the key bind make the other proc.this shit is easy to do and it old news.

but as i said before,it proves this hole gear scaling shit is just that,shit.

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 10:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Agreed. I think some people don't understand that when this is said, it's not about the individual class to class balance. That's always been bad and always will be. But the general flow and pace of PvP was way better in BC than it's ever been since.
    well said agree 100%.blizz needs to get rid of all the bull shit in pvp and try to get pvp back to the old BC style as much as they can.get rid of every spec viable crap and go back to pvp and pvp specs.example arms= pvp fury = pve.put pve and pvp gear back to bein g=equal,just itemize it different to ensure each type would be best for its intended purpose.that way pvp gear would be best in/for any and all forms of pvp and pve gear would still be best for pve.

class balance would not even be that bad overall,if they did what i said above.warriors would have arms,mages would have forst,pallys would have holy ect.some specs would be left out,but at-least most classes would have a spec thats made for pvp and would do well in it.all the while having a much much better balanced game as a hole.
    Last edited by meathead; 2013-05-12 at 02:19 PM.

Deleted
    why?do pvpers still stack res?you do know that res will be base line for all player in 5.3 right?geming res will not do much,main stats are a bigger dps increase then gemming pvp power/res.this video proves what i have been saying all along,this gear scaling crap will not fix shit.
    I guess by gear scaling you mean, that pve items will now have 496 ilvl cap in arena, rbg, and random bgs. Well the scaling was placed in so you wouldnt use pve items in pvp. The pve trinkets are going to have 496ilvl, and their proc is double the length, and half the strength, so definitely not like it is right now. Further more some other trinkets are nerfed even more. There is a list in some blue post.

The pvp power which is your main increase of damage and now is around 50% will be like 37% next patch, which is around 10% decrease You got like 2300 ressil from gems if you went all ressil with gem bonuses, if you gem that all in int you get like 1150 extra int which is like 6% dmg increase. Besides there were already so many mages gemming int for comps like rmp, and they had like 63% ressil, now they will have 65% and lower damage, so the pace will be slower. A lot of classes gem main stat already.

On proc trinket with on use is no biggie, but he also has Tailoring cloak enchant, and jade spirit on weapon, and getting all these four together, that's the issue, not just two trinkets. And how does that prove that scaling is shit? This was around for ages lol.

Besides they now have very powerful tool in base resilience, if the burst gets out of hand, they can just easily increase it, even mid season to like 66% or 70% in next season, and slower the speed of game. Tbc resilience lowered the crit chance on you and wasnt as powerful and balanced as it is now. If shit will be faster than in 5.2, which it wont, you can be sure base resilience will get adjusted.

10+ Year Old Account
    you cant walk into arena geared and gemmed like that, you'd fall over before you even got the chance to swifty. if any decent team say you proc'n like a christmas tree they'd turtle for it.. then go back to smashing your face. 1700 trick at best.

rbgs.. is whatever.

cartoonz are not meant to be taken seriously.

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 02:56 PM ----------

[B][U]

is this a serious statement? i dunno if you're aware how much resil affects reductions..and mages NEED it. its not like destro where you walk around with 64% and be ok.. i cant speak to 5.3 right now because it's not out but right now on live.. lets be real . lol.

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    a lot of the burst in BC was casted dmg and obv melee dmg. that made the game more predictable and more fun because you knew why you lost games. mop is so fkn mongo random that for a lot of players it yields to frustration. i don't think we'll see a return to that.. i blame pve.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-05-12 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    you cant walk into arena geared and gemmed like that, you'd fall over before you even got the chance to swifty. if any decent team say you proc'n like a christmas tree they'd turtle for it.. then go back to smashing your face. 1700 trick at best.

rbgs.. is whatever.

cartoonz are not meant to be taken seriously.

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 02:56 PM ----------

is this a serious statement? i dunno if you're aware how much resil affects reductions..and mages NEED it. its not like destro where you walk around with 64% and be ok.. i cant speak to 5.3 right now because it's not out but right now on live.. lets be real . lol.

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 03:00 PM ----------

a lot of the burst in BC was casted dmg and obv melee dmg. that made the game more predictable and more fun because you knew why you lost games. mop is so fkn mongo random that for a lot of players it yields to frustration. i don't think we'll see a return to that.. i blame pve.
    "is this a serious statement? i dunno if you're aware how much resil affects reductions..and mages NEED it. its not like destro where you walk around with 64% and be ok.. i cant speak to 5.3 right now because it's not out but right now on live.. lets be real . lol."

everyone will have 65% res in 5.3 baseline-so yes please lets be fuckign real .